Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 284 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New overlook on the 3rd park. This is if LC gets replaced by Berk instead of Zelda, and if Uni. licenses Pokemon and LOTR.
-60% Nintendo (Nintendo, Zelda, Pokemon)
-20% Middle Earth (LOTR, Hobbit)
-15% Dreamworks (Croods, Shrek, Trolls, etc)
-5% Entrance Plaza
Just imagine that.
So almost a whole park that’s just Nintendo.

I have a hard time believing that. Just like Potter I expect them to split those 3 big IPs across the parks to push multipark tickets.

So almost a whole park that’s just Nintendo.

I have a hard time believing that.

I said this in the Nintendo thread, but even if all three of those properties were in Park 3, and all of them got 10-12 acre lands, they'd still only be about 30% of the park. Nothing is going to get more than that in the new park.

I think a land around the size of Fantasyland is possible for Nintendo. And I mean current MK Fantasyland, which already is basically split up into three sections (the original "fairground" area, New Fantasyland, and Storybook Circus). Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Pokemon can all fit in here. If one of those goes to a different park, you can throw in something like Kirby or Splatoon instead.

Reactions: chewbacca1995
I think a land around the size of Fantasyland is possible for Nintendo. And I mean current MK Fantasyland, which already is basically split up into three sections (the original "fairground" area, New Fantasyland, and Storybook Circus). Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Pokemon can all fit in here. If one of those goes to a different park, you can throw in something like Kirby or Splatoon instead.

God, I totally forgot about Kirby.

I think spread
New overlook on the 3rd park. This is if LC gets replaced by Berk instead of Zelda, and if Uni. licenses Pokemon and LOTR.
-60% Nintendo (Nintendo, Zelda, Pokemon)
-20% Middle Earth (LOTR, Hobbit)
-15% Dreamworks (Croods, Shrek, Trolls, etc)
-5% Entrance Plaza
Just imagine that.
I would think the new gate would be:
25% Nintendo (Mushroom Kingdom 10%, Donkey Kong Country 7.5%, Hyrule 7.5%)
20% DreamWorks (Shrek, HTTYD, KFP, Madagascar, Trolls and Croods in a Fantasyland type village)
12.5% Middle Earth
12.5% Transylvania
10% original land
15% expansion space (three 2.5% expansion pads would make sense)
5% entrance plaza/street

Pokémon replacing Toon Lagoon does sound like a good fit (Popeye rethemed, Me Ship the Olive overlay; rest of TL levelled for E-ticket family coaster, D-ticket dark ride, C-ticket show, new shopping/dining plaza, B-ticket flat ride and A-ticket splash pad/play area)

LC is a wildcard. Same for KidZone, in this scenario.

I think spread

20% DreamWorks (Shrek, HTTYD, KFP, Madagascar, Trolls and Croods in a Fantasyland type village)
12.5% Middle Earth
12.5% Transylvania
10% original land
5% entrance plaza/street

Pokémon replacing Toon Lagoon does sound like a good fit (Popeye rethemed, Me Ship the Olive overlay; rest of TL levelled for E-ticket family coaster, D-ticket dark ride, C-ticket show, new shopping/dining plaza, B-ticket flat ride and A-ticket splash pad/play area)

I'd think that Hyrule would be bigger, as well as Middle Earth. Transylvania might be a little too big.

This makes me wonder what the plan for the new park was. Were they expecting to get the rights for some IP (LoTR?) that didn't pan out?

I think they already have the LOTR deal worked out, but they will probably wait until the new park gets partially announced to say anything about it. As for the rest, I think they just wanted the new park to be the best that it could be, so they added Nintendo in.

I think spread

12.5% Middle Earth
12.5% Transylvania
10% original land
5% entrance plaza/street

When you say Transylvania, is that like classic Uni monsters or some IP I’m not recognizing?

I think it would be a smart idea to use the 3rd dry park to play on nostalgia a bit. Uni doesn’t do it much but I think there’s a good bit of nostalgia to be mined in the parks. Either a “classic” section at the new park or doing something with some land that’s freed up at Studios at some point after the new gate opens.

Agreed.

I think we'll see screens used to accentuate scenes, a la Na'vi River Journey - but they no longer will be the focus.

Right. Realistically it's impossible to make a modern theme park attraction with no screens, but a better balance moving forward is a good thing.

Plus I want to see all these crazy AA concepts they've been working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.