Universal Stella Nova & Terra Luna Resorts | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Stella Nova & Terra Luna Resorts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I saw Sapphire Falls no longer has Starbucks coffee when I was there last week. Think they have something called Five Star now.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I have to admit we are the odd family that never goes to Starbucks, it is insanely busy at every location. I get so many gift cards for Starbucks because people assume everyone goes and gives them as gifts.
I'm in the minority for sure, but I dislike the taste of overrated Starbucks coffee and don't really care for their baked goods either. Consequently, I don't waste valuable vacation time in their very slow long lines. :D

I'm in the minority for sure, but I dislike the taste of overrated Starbucks coffee and don't really care for their baked goods either. Consequently, I don't waste valuable vacation time in their very slow long lines. :D
The slowness kills me. I worked for a coffee place in downtown Pittsburgh most summers/Christmas breaks over college and we hussled. I remember working conventions with me and a manager and everyone saying how fast that long line moved compared to upstairs vendors who had way more people working. I was taught to move quickly and get thru morning rush ASAP as that meant more customers served and more tips. We sometimes might have moved too quickly and pulled the grinds before it was done brewing, but hey we at least never ran into each other while holding a carafe of coffee :lmao:

But I also can't stand their burnt coffee, it isn't good. Which also might be a byproduct at working at a place that got coffee from a roaster downtown and then grinded it. We were serving coffee that was roasted that week and grinded that morning. I mean you can't beat that. I am not even a coffee person but can taste bad/burnt over good.

I just never drink coffee on vacation. If I need caffeine I buy ice tea.

I have to admit we are the odd family that never goes to Starbucks, it is insanely busy at every location. I get so many gift cards for Starbucks because people assume everyone goes and gives them as gifts.
I'll occasionally get a frap if I'm at Target, but I never get it at Universal. Too much unique food/drink in Orlando to be wasting precious stomach space on things I can eat or drink at home!

Reactions: Ahmanet
The slowness kills me. I worked for a coffee place in downtown Pittsburgh most summers/Christmas breaks over college and we hussled. I remember working conventions with me and a manager and everyone saying how fast that long line moved compared to upstairs vendors who had way more people working. I was taught to move quickly and get thru morning rush ASAP as that meant more customers served and more tips. We sometimes might have moved too quickly and pulled the grinds before it was done brewing, but hey we at least never ran into each other while holding a carafe of coffee :lmao:

But I also can't stand their burnt coffee, it isn't good. Which also might be a byproduct at working at a place that got coffee from a roaster downtown and then grinded it. We were serving coffee that was roasted that week and grinded that morning. I mean you can't beat that. I am not even a coffee person but can taste bad/burnt over good.

I just never drink coffee on vacation. If I need caffeine I buy ice tea.
Same here. Coke and Pepsi while on vacation....rarely any coffee..,.,.and yeah, that burnt taste of Starbucks coffee is what I dislike. Starbucks always seemed more marketing cult than good coffee to me....If the new hotels have true good tasting coffee instead of Starbucks, I'm all for it.

I wonder how a legit coffee bar would do somewhere at the resorts. Coming from up north, we are very pampered with excellent coffee and just trying to find a decent cup is difficult when on property. Something that offered pour over or fresh ground drip would be amazing.
Living in Orlando, I have a fancy coffee machine at home I got last Christmas and this Christmas I asked for a good grinder. No way I buy out as I like a good dark sweeter roast closer to espresso and just a little bit. Can't find good around here in Orlando. Or at least close enough to me to be worth the drive in the morning. It is all starbucks, wawa, and dunkin. Wawa honestly wins when I need something out lol

Living in Orlando, I have a fancy coffee machine at home I got last Christmas and this Christmas I asked for a good grinder. No way I buy out as I like a good dark sweeter roast closer to espresso and just a little bit. Can't find good around here in Orlando. Or at least close enough to me to be worth the drive in the morning. It is all starbucks, wawa, and dunkin. Wawa honestly wins when I need something out lol
Totally agree. Staying at my dad’s in Davenport is like a dead zone for good coffee. Would love to see a decent shop open up in the area but maybe the local community just wouldn’t sustain it?

Totally agree. Staying at my dad’s in Davenport is like a dead zone for good coffee. Would love to see a decent shop open up in the area but maybe the local community just wouldn’t sustain it?
I am guessing it won't sustain it. Everyone around here loves Starbucks and I think they have all lost their minds lol

People won't change their patterns and that is really the issue. If you can't get people to move away from their normal place to try a new place a new place won't work.

Reactions: Suprachica79
They'll bring back Space Dust candy:
space-dust-candy-v0-jo7cdpfwgv981.jpg

(Since most of you are too you to remember this, before Pop Rocks they made Space Dust. It was discontinued because parents were concerned it would be confused with the drug "angel dust", so they changed it from dust to rocks and made Pop Rocks instead)