Universal Stella Nova & Terra Luna Resorts | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Stella Nova & Terra Luna Resorts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Orlando Resort announced the addition of two new hotel properties to the Universal Orlando hotels portfolio - Universal Stella Nova Resort, opening Jan 2025, and Universal Terra Luna Resort, opening Feb 2025. @UniversalORL

READ MORE:

Well, that's kind of a sneaky way to announce a new park, roundabout way. Well, without the park probably not opening until a few months after, there's no way I would book those hotels and stay on an island inconvenient to the main resort.
It would be cool to see the new park finishing construction, but agreed weird to have open so soon before an anticipated summer opening.

Although if a June opening is in play, previews beginning in March in some facet doesn’t sound crazy to me.

It would be cool to see the new park finishing construction, but agreed weird to have open so soon before an anticipated summer opening.

Although if a June opening is in play, previews beginning in March in some facet doesn’t sound crazy to me.
Wonder if we could see something along the lines of "if you stay at one of these resorts, you guarantee a spot during EU previews"

Well, that's kind of a sneaky way to announce a new park, roundabout way. Well, without the park probably not opening until a few months after, there's no way I would book those hotels and stay on an island inconvenient to the main resort.
For sure. Unless you have a convention and the parks aren’t your reason for staying. But I get not wanting to be in a no man’s land as a park goer for those months before Epic.

Definitely going to be a few months of “I booked a Universal hotel and there’s nothing within five miles” complaints. But…

It is also very valuable for the operations team to get those extra months under their belt before opening a giant theme park — even if the occupancy will be on the low side.
Better to open them and get them running smoothly before the park opens.

<Sarcasm> Wow-- I'm so surprised! Who could have seen this coming? :eek: </sarcasm>

I love that everything predicted/dug up matched what was actually announced. Even surmising the category/price point.

I've noticed they are building "service entrances" for both off Universal Boulevard, so even if the Kirkman Rd extension isn't quite ready, Epic Blvd and Universal Blvd can take the traffic when they open.

Watching the local news tonight--
  • Story on Epcot and the Walt statue
  • Story on the announce of Stella/Terra
  • Video of the Donkey Kong announcement in Japan and talk of Epic Universe
I'm sure it was just coincidence that Universal's announcements came out on the day that Epcot's new area opened to the public. Hype machine ramping up...

I'm sure it was just coincidence that Universal's announcements came out on the day that Epcot's new area opened to the public. Hype machine ramping up...
Yeah, it's funny on how these two competitors jump on, and wrestle with, one another's public releases. Happens just about every time something significant is marketed or announced. No such word as coincidence for either company. :lmao:

Agreed it was done on purpose.

I am not even sure if the leak was not on purpose lol

Epcot was slammed yesterday. My in laws were there and living with the land was a 50 minute wait. They said the whole park was slammed.

EPCOT was because it was Walt’s birthday. I believe the hotel reveal was put off a week, so wouldn’t be surprised if this may have played a part.

I believe @Tomfoolery mentioned the DK media thing a little while ago, so that probably wasn’t in response to anything. May have been on Nintendo’s timeline.

Oh, just checked and he called the hotel announcement back in AUGUST too!
Phased announcements of each land one at a time starting in January going thru to preview center opening in the summer,. maybe early stuff like hotels in december

EPCOT was because it was Walt’s birthday. I believe the hotel reveal was put off a week, so wouldn’t be surprised if this may have played a part.

I believe @Tomfoolery mentioned the DK media thing a little while ago, so that probably wasn’t in response to anything. May have been on Nintendo’s timeline.

Oh, just checked and he called the hotel announcement back in AUGUST too!
@Tomfoolery is always right. I have no real info. but my 'wild guess' is that he's a Universal Executive who Universal is using to plant info that they want out, unofficially. Maybe something similar that went on with the short term poster who kept releasing all of the info on the last Lagoon show before it debuted, and then he was scared away by comments from the former owner of IU (the owner before the merger with UO).....It was always rumored that WDW also had employees posing as posters on Disney oriented theme park forums in the past.....Whatever it is, we should appreciate his info since it is amazingly accurate.

@Tomfoolery is always right. I have no real info. but my 'wild guess' is that he's a Universal Executive who Universal is using to plant info that they want out, unofficially. Maybe something similar that went on with the short term poster who kept releasing all of the info on the last Lagoon show before it debuted, and then he was scared away by comments from the former owner of IU (the owner before the merger with UO).....It was always rumored that WDW also had employees posing as posters on Disney oriented theme park forums in the past.....Whatever it is, we should appreciate his info since it is amazingly accurate.
Just a point to make a day after this post. Tomfoolery 'liked' the post. I'd guess that says something. ;)

Agreed it was done on purpose.

I am not even sure if the leak was not on purpose lol

Epcot was slammed yesterday. My in laws were there and living with the land was a 50 minute wait. They said the whole park was slammed.
Epcot was beyond busy, kinda wished reservations were back (just kidding). Went back last night and it was perfectly fine... almost like people like being "first" to do something.

Corporations want to control the narrative of a fan base?!? Now that's extreme!

Epcot was beyond busy, kinda wished reservations were back (just kidding). Went back last night and it was perfectly fine... almost like people like being "first" to do something.

Agreed. I thought my in-laws were dumb. They didn't go to see the fireworks, statue, or John Stamos. Why were you there then? Oh a "date day", pick a different park. Why would you go into a busy park and then leave before all the cool new stuff?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Agreed. I thought my in-laws were dumb. They didn't go to see the fireworks, statue, or John Stamos. Why were you there then? Oh a "date day", pick a different park. Why would you go into a busy park and then leave before all the cool new stuff?
If they're non-park fans, I can't blame them. Most people are not aware of anything new opening, they just know Epcot is open 9-9 and has a fireworks show at the end. While I hated Harmonious, I don't think the general public willl notice the difference between them lol

Massive crowds didn't arrive until 5 after the post-work rush.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Jake S
Lobby bars selling futuristic / space drinks is a cool touch and maybe a wink at a certain former hotel.

No Starbucks is a surprise, maybe guests view them as too expensive now?

Restaurant seems a copy of Endless Summer setup and in house pizza delivery is a great second option.

Pools are basic, but at least have food option outside.

Spaced up Aventura built on a large plot of land is my takeaway.