Universal's Crowding | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Crowding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know if I was let into the park at 8am for early entry I would be done by about 3 or 4 and leave..go to my hotel and sleep/swim then hit City Walk at night...I think many have hit the nail on the head in regards to the parks at night...A new nighttime parade, some great shows that only take place in the afternoon/evening and a night show that is more than just watching a highlight video with some fireworks would greatly increase the incentive to come back in..

According to Seth Kubersky on Twitter, return tickets are being issued for Hogsmeade tonight due to crowds. First time they are being used this year.

Johde & Fallow: Touring Plans is showing the following for Universal on your dates...Scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the busiest...Jan. 2:(10)...Jan. 6 (7), Jan. 7 (5), Jan. 8 (5), Jan. 9 (6), ...So it predicts Very Busy for Jan. 2, Busy for Jan. 6, and moderate for your other dates.

Thanks for the information. I subscribe to Touring Plans as well. I'm cautiously optimistic that they've over estimated the crowds for the 6th onward. For January 2nd 2 park Express Pass prices are $119.99 so I totally believe a 10 expected crowd. Fortunately I only have a couple of things I want to do. The 6th and 7th are $69.99 and the 8th on are $55.99. That would suggest moderate crowds going towards the high side of light by the end of the week. I only saw 1 $35.99 day coming up. We 3 days of early entry and 2 half days otherwise I should be fine as well. One of my days will be a Busch Gardens day but I haven't decided which yet.

Fear factor theatre being reused at night for another night show with high level effects like Fantasmic minus the water screens which have become so redundant would be the push to get people to stay at night.

Universals doesn't need to be like Disney with night shows its need to be the opposite. Disney can use nostalgia to get people to stay for the night shows, Universal can't. Universal needs a fresh thrilling show which keeps people on the edge and awwed with THIS IS EPIC feelings.

I think thats actually were CineSpec fails as it tries to be nostalgic.

Last edited:
Twister was posted at a 40 and using their extended queue! Heck this might've been one of the highest attendance levels in resort history today
I wouldn't doubt it..when Twister has a line you know things are bad..Why someone would want to experience that is beyond me..but then again, I can go all the time

Twister was posted at a 40 and using their extended queue! Heck this might've been one of the highest attendance levels in resort history today

Yeah I thought that too, but I dont know what numbers they got during Diagon's opening. Also, there were no capacity closures aside from Land Control in Hogsmeade. But there were definitely high numbers today.

Oh dear...

B6B95gvIYAAqvvt.jpg

Two words come to mind when I see this...

**** THAT!! :rofl:

It's worth noting that although wait times are the public's only barometer of "overcrowding", they aren't a true read of how many people are in the park. Wait times are more sometimes a symptom of poor staffing or maintenance issues. It only takes a couple maintenance TMs to call in sick for them to reduce the amount of ride vehicles on a ride. Go from 3 trains to 2 trains on hulk, and you've just added an extra 20-30 minutes to the wait time.

In other words, all rides could be at 30 minutes if properly staffed, OR they could be at 60 if improperly staffed with the same amount of guests in the park.

The above doesn't apply to this past weekend however, where there's absolutely no denying the place was a legit zoo. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Two words come to mind when I see this...

**** THAT!! :rofl:

RUFKM with that photo?!?!

It's worth noting that although wait times are the public's only barometer of "overcrowding", they aren't a true read of how many people are in the park. Wait times are more sometimes a symptom of poor staffing or maintenance issues. It only takes a couple maintenance TMs to call in sick for them to reduce the amount of ride vehicles on a ride. Go from 3 trains to 2 trains on hulk, and you've just added an extra 20-30 minutes to the wait time.

In other words, all rides could be at 30 minutes if properly staffed, OR they could be at 60 if improperly staffed with the same amount of guests in the park.

The above doesn't apply to this past weekend however, where there's absolutely no denying the place was a legit zoo. :)

Eh, this doesn't really apply to Universal though. Staffing is not an issue and even with the coasters, during peak times, the max number of trains are already on the track.

- - - Updated - - -

Highest attendance levels of the season today.

I believe that. The waits were crazy yesterday. I literally saw everything minus Shrek, Twister, and Kodos above a 60-minute wait.

Huge lines for rides and food even though it's been raining a good part of the day....Seth K. tweeted on yesterday's crowd..."Don't think I (or anyone) have ever experienced Universal Orlando as busy as it was today. Kudos to TM's for keeping it manageable".

Last edited:
So apparently everyone delayed their vacations this year...

Curious if the culture is just changing in regards to mid-December vacations

EasyWDW has also spoke of this trend as well over on the Disney side. He even cut back his summer crowd number projections.

EasyWDW has also spoke of this trend as well over on the Disney side. He even cut back his summer crowd number projections.

The Magic Kingdom is hitting capacity multiple times a day, with the other parks getting pretty close. And the week leading up to Christmas was busy beyond all hell there as well. What trend do you mean?

The Magic Kingdom is hitting capacity multiple times a day, with the other parks getting pretty close. And the week leading up to Christmas was busy beyond all hell there as well. What trend do you mean?

The other WDW parks have been no where near any phase closings before today. And MK only ever hit the first phase, which is more about trying to sell park hoppers to day guests than anything.

Also, MK has hit Phase A only 2 days from what I've seen on twitter, not "multiple times a day". It was also lifted after a few hours.

Last edited: