Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If SNW = Hoggsmead I can't wait to see what they do for SNW 2.0 - Diagon Alley.

Personally I think Luigi's Mansion and/or Zelda are the most likely expansions. Pokemon feels like it should be in another park, and if it finally sees Kidzone get demolished I'm all for it.

Reactions: IndyRs
Not to get political over it, but after the disgusting tweets by JK, Eddie Redmayne speaking out against it, Ezra Millers issues, and Johnny Depp is always controversial, I think theres a very strong chance we don't even get another FB movies after this 3rd one. I think they're too far in to stop, but this franchise is dead. AND I WAS A FAN!!!!

Thrilled we're getting the Ministry here. Thankfully they didn't go the FB route, if they were ever going to. If people like me, were one of the very few who cared about these, doesn't care anymore, I cannot imagine theres like any excitement whatsoever here anymore. Kinda sad.

I'm still super excited for the FB movies :private:

Reactions: My95cobras
Not to get political over it, but after the disgusting tweets by JK, Eddie Redmayne speaking out against it, Ezra Millers issues, and Johnny Depp is always controversial, I think theres a very strong chance we don't even get another FB movies after this 3rd one. I think they're too far in to stop, but this franchise is dead. AND I WAS A FAN!!!!

Thrilled we're getting the Ministry here. Thankfully they didn't go the FB route, if they were ever going to. If people like me, were one of the very few who cared about these, doesn't care anymore, I cannot imagine theres like any excitement whatsoever here anymore. Kinda sad.

I have avoided posting about previous issues regarding Rowling's continued comments on a major social issue, because it is a potentially inflammatory topic. However at this point I do think this is a major issue going forward, for her as a creator and for the Wizarding World as a franchise. It's sad because there could have been some wonderful new material, but she was already struggling to keep that straight. With the current back lash, I don't see how she salvages a franchise without some major 180 in terms of PR and her stance on this issue. At the very least she has to try to reexamine her views on the question of language regarding transgender individuals.
I'm surprised she didn't consider that Danielle Radcliffe would have to respond given his continued resounding support for LGBT rights and the Trevor Project.

Without getting into a debate over it, this is definitely a major development for the WW franchise. I'm sad that we may be seeing the end of new stories in that world, at least for the forseeable future. I'm also sad to see an author that many people in the LGBT community greatly respected and admired (including myself) seemingly going out of her way to speak in exclusionary language. You don't have to fully understand the issue in order to lead with compassion and recognize that a black and white stance could be harmful to many.

I have avoided posting about previous issues regarding Rowling's continued comments on a major social issue, because it is a potentially inflammatory topic. However at this point I do think this is a major issue going forward, for her as a creator and for the Wizarding World as a franchise. It's sad because there could have been some wonderful new material, but she was already struggling to keep that straight. With the current back lash, I don't see how she salvages a franchise without some major 180 in terms of PR and her stance on this issue. At the very least she has to try to reexamine her views on the question of language regarding transgender individuals.
I'm surprised she didn't consider that Danielle Radcliffe would have to respond given his continued resounding support for LGBT rights and the Trevor Project.

Without getting into a debate over it, this is definitely a major development for the WW franchise. I'm sad that we may be seeing the end of new stories in that world, at least for the forseeable future. I'm also sad to see an author that many people in the LGBT community greatly respected and admired (including myself) seemingly going out of her way to speak in exclusionary language. You don't have to fully understand the issue in order to lead with compassion and recognize that a black and white stance could be harmful to many.
Without getting into politics, and it's hard to in this circumstance, I'm afraid even I am no longer excited for a new Wizarding World land at the new park. What was my most anticipated land, at least right now, and based how I feel today, just makes me sad to think about. I am attempting to disconnect what already exists in media and in the parks in my mind from the creator, but it'll be a hard sell for new content or new lands going forward for me.

And this is me we're talking about. I like ALL new stuff coming to theme parks. I love ALL new rides based on anything. Hate the Transformers movies, can't sit through one of them, LOVE the ride. But even I apparently have a breaking point. And, that just sucks. Because Universal's best and most innovative rides have come from the Wizarding World.

Now, if somehow the land was based on the original stories and films, and somehow I was assured that the author had no part in it, I'd actually give it a pass. I want to try to be fair. I want to believe that I can.

I figure that what happens is she just ends up quietly slipping away. Warners and Universal fulfill their contractual obligation to consult with her, but do their own thing and don't include her in any marketing materials. She continues to tweet but her community becomes more insular and self-confirming.

Without getting into politics, and it's hard to in this circumstance, I'm afraid even I am no longer excited for a new Wizarding World land at the new park. What was my most anticipated land, at least right now, and based how I feel today, just makes me sad to think about. I am attempting to disconnect what already exists in media and in the parks in my mind from the creator, but it'll be a hard sell for new content or new lands going forward for me.

And this is me we're talking about. I like ALL new stuff coming to theme parks. I love ALL new rides based on anything. Hate the Transformers movies, can't sit through one of them, LOVE the ride. But even I apparently have a breaking point. And, that just sucks. Because Universal's best and most innovative rides have come from the Wizarding World.

Now, if somehow the land was based on the original stories and films, and somehow I was assured that the author had no part in it, I'd actually give it a pass. I want to try to be fair. I want to believe that I can.

It's going to be interesting how Universal responds beyond what they've said already:

I've been clear on my dislike for Potter and I'm a little giddy at the prospect of something else replacing it.

What if Universal decide to not build Potter Vol 3 and decide to just leave it blank for the time being and open the park with only 3 lands?

This is where I am at, too. Trying to subscribe to the whole 'death of the author' school of thought in my head, but hard to do when the author is alive and well and spewing words that I genuinely believe do harm to people I know and care for. It's all really depressing, because I've been a Potterhead since the book first hit shelves.

I really would love to be a fly on the wall in Warner Brothers right now. The author's 'opinions' aside, Crimes of Grundewald was such a mess. So much so, that they delayed the sequel release date even pre-Covid. What is their game plan? What are their people saying to the author's people?

And to bring it back to the parks....yeah, not so excited about this land as of right now.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting how Universal responds beyond what they've said already:

I've been clear on my dislike for Potter and I'm a little giddy at the prospect of something else replacing it.

What if Universal decide to not build Potter Vol 3 and decide to just leave it blank for the time being and open the park with only 3 lands?
I feel Potter 3.0 happens and nothing else. I’d have to imagine it’s too late to cut it right now, and they’ve publicly made their stance against. 3 lands for the hat trick then move right on to Nintendo and other properties and bring that same level and detail elsewhere.

This is all very sad though I have to say.

Between her insensitivity and the whole idea of making Fantastic Beats a big part of 3.0, I'd love for them to scrap it. While I would be okay with opening one land short, that's might not make the people with money at stake very happy.

I would say the park still needs 4 lands, or at least the same amount of attractions, otherwise its going to be very unbalanced. I would be alright with something replacing Fantastic Beasts, but I get the feeling that Universal has always been internally excited about doing a Ministry attraction, since that ride concept has gone through multiple iterations across two parks.

In an ideal world, if Universal really has their heart set on doing the British Ministry, I would say put in next to Diagon Alley, retrofit the French Ministry attraction for a new I.P, and reconsider what happens in the fourth land plot.

Ultimately, the main reason I would personally be bothered by a Fantastic Beasts land wouldn't be because of the content therein (Stuart Craig, Universal, and Warner do a great job and it's more their lands then Rowling's imo) but more that placing Fantastic Beasts within EU would inevitably mean a portion of the ticket and merchandise revenue from Epic Universe would go to J.K. Putting the Ministry in USF, where Diagon already exists, would prevent that.

(Note: I don't know exactly how profit sharing agreements with Rowling works, so if she gets the same amount of money regardless of how many parks Potter in is, its a moot point)

If they’re able to replace Potter with something new, that would be incredible. What that is I have no idea.
In order of personal preference: Last Airbender, Zelda, Kung Fu Panda, or whichever one of those USJ COOL Japan anime properties would translate best to the West.

Not sure where to put this but they have a patent filed for a restraint system that looks like a vest with haptic feedback sensors installed into it

On one hand, it’s an interesting concept and on the other, I wish that over the shoulder harnesses would die.

I actually found Rowling's comments to be extremely careful and thoughtful. I'd encourage people to actually read her essay as opposed to just reading reactionary tweets about it.

While I've always hoped for a world where people can agree to disagree without every difference of opinion becoming a morality play with sides and swords clearly drawn at the first hint of disagreement, apparently that world is as much of a fantasy land as the theme parks we love are. A world where disagreements don't automatically follow with accusations of "hate" and "bigotry"? Wouldn't that be something?

I always caution against becoming too enamored of any specific creator. Our heroes will always disappoint us because they are human. The creation is what matters and is far less corruptible. (Well, unless you entrust it to Benioff and Weiss, in which case, good luck.)

But more germane to the topic at hand, I don't foresee this having any impact on Universal's or WB's plans. I am sorry if it lessens anyone's anticipation for product in the pipeline, as anticipation and excitement are manifestations of hope, with hope being what we need most of these days.

Last edited:
I actually found Rowling's comments to be extremely careful and thoughtful. I'd encourage people to actually read her essay as opposed to just reading reactionary tweets about it.

While I've always hoped for a world where people can agree to disagree without every difference of opinion becoming a morality play with sides and swords clearly drawn at the first hint of disagreement, apparently that world is as much of a fantasy land as the theme parks we love are. A world where disagreements don't automatically follow with accusations of "hate" and "bigotry"? Wouldn't that be something?

I always caution against becoming too enamored of any specific creator. Our heroes will always disappoint us because they are human. The creation is what matters and is far less corruptible. (Well, unless you entrust it to Benioff and Weiss, in which case, good luck.)

But more germane to the topic at hand, I don't foresee this having any impact on Universal's or WB's plans. I am sorry if it lessens anyone's anticipation for product in the pipeline, as anticipation and excitement are manifestations of hope, with hope being what we need most of these days.
I agree with the part about what she created with the books is something that matters beyond her recent tweets, however, we've read her statements and not reactionary tweets, and THAT is why we are upset. What she said is bigotry and that is why we are upset. People can have different opinions, but, there is still right and wrong as well.

I hae no clue what this means for the Wizarding World in the future but I do doubt this means anything happens for Potter 3.0 at EU. Past that however I doubt we get anything else from her. Universal's statement, to me, was much more a clear stance against her than WB's was.

What she said is hurtful and bigotted, period. Just because it was eloquently said does not make it factually correct. Here is a 100+ tweet thread from Andrew Carter, a the CEO and co-founder of a social network that was designed to stop toxicity, misinformation, and abuse online. He debunks her points and factual errors.

WB, Universal, the cast, and more have come out to denounce her comments. From a moderation perspective, it does not fit into this thread and a theme park forum is not the appropriate place to start a discussion on trans rights. If you're looking for more information see these sources:

I don't think this is the place for any of this discussion, frankly.

If and when lands for Epic Universe are officially announced, and an FB/Wizarding World area is or is not part of that announcement, then maybe some of this would be relevant. Until then, it's skirting way too closely to political disagreement.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.