Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Beijing's early proposed SpongeBob land was around the size of Super Nintendo World? Not too big compared to other lands.

But since CBS took over the IP, I doubt they'd let Comcast have him now. At least we still have a SpongeBob StorePants I guess.

Weird, does CBS not allow theme parks to use IP? I was under the impression it was mostly Viacom absorbing CBS than the other way around.

Viacom owns CBS the Comcast owns NBC, so some have just assumed they're mortal enemies now lol

Ahh, lol. Oh broadcast.

Hopefully it doesn't completely shut the door on the possibility of Spongebob, maybe they could work something out like they eventually did with FOX for Simpsons.

Yeah, when that Simpson's contract is over, the next day Homer and the gang will be doing M&G's down the street at WDW.
I don't think you'll see any Simpsons in the Disney parks. Got to think they'll finally be completely irrelevant by then.

I don't think you'll see any Simpsons in the Disney parks. Got to think they'll finally be completely irrelevant by then.
They've been irrelevant for years. But they're evergreen characters.

Before the new Mickey shorts came around, Mickey was pretty much irrelevant, but beloved. Disney is using Disney+ to cement them as a "Family brand" and they made an appearance at the 2019 D23 Expo as well. I think Disney wants to use ll the assets they can from Fox and The Simpsons are a big one. The show may be off the air, but if you think Disney won't milk them in the parks, sell merchandise and possibly even make a shorts series like the Mickey Mouse series, then I think you're mistaken.

Uhhhh what? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was huge in children's TV. Heck, still is.
I guess you'll have to forgive me for forgetting about a pre-school children's TV show. It's a good point though, because it's Disney cementing into young kid's heads the thought of a cute version of Mickey.

My point is (and was), The Simpson's are Evergreen, just like Mickey.

I guess you'll have to forgive me for forgetting about a pre-school children's TV show. It's a good point though, because it's Disney cementing into young kid's heads the though of a cute version of Mickey.

My point is (and was), The Simpson's are Evergreen, just like Mickey.
Yeah, but Mickey is Disney evergreen. I think they'll continue to milk whatever Simpsons programming revenue they can, but I don't see them giving much - or any - space in the parks for Simpsons, or really any Fox property, aside from a banner by the commissary

Yeah, but Mickey is Disney evergreen. I think they'll continue to milk whatever Simpsons programming revenue they can, but I don't see them giving much - or any - space in the parks for Simpsons, or really any Fox property, aside from a banner by the commissary
If it sells merchandise, they'll use it. Simpsons is probably the biggest merch mover the Fox had.

If it sells merchandise, they'll use it. Simpsons is probably the biggest merch mover the Fox had.
Yes, twenty years ago. There's also the fact that Disney/Fox would have to cut in Groening and get his approval on everything they do and every stitch of merch they sell - his signature on every piece isn't just a gimmick. Disney isnt a fan of sharing like that, Pandora aside.

What the hell are you talking about? What does Fox have the would move more merchandise (that Disney can put into their parks) other than Simpsons? Go to Springfield at USF and people are spending a crap ton of money on Simpsons stuff.
Universal is the only place it sells that I'm aware of. The good action figure line died what, fifteen years ago.

I'm talking about relevance beyond the parks. Riddle me this, though, what property would you remove in the Disney park to add Simpsons?

Universal is the only place it sells that I'm aware of. The good action figure line died what, fifteen years ago.

I'm talking about relevance beyond the parks. Riddle me this, though, what property would you remove in the Disney park to add Simpsons?
I'm literally not saying Simpsons should be added as a land if that's what you think I've been saying. I'm saying they will sell merchandise and probably have a M&G. That's all I'm expecting. But if you want an answer, DHS has the entire Animation building which is sitting there waiting to be demolished for literally any sort of expansion.

We are well off-topic here though so it's best we end this conversation and return to Epic Universe.

Viacom owns CBS the Comcast owns NBC, so some have just assumed they're mortal enemies now lol

If Viacom still owned the cedar fair parks, then yes it would be an issue but Viacom/NBCUniversal have been cordial with Comcast hosting and buying their biggest shows for Peacock and CBS All Access purchasing Dreamworks Kids shows.

The question is the price of spongebob worth it to Comcast. Don’t forget Nick Universe theme parks have spongebob sections and based on what it looks like, those parks aren’t printing money or selling merch.

Yeah, when that Simpson's contract is over, the next day Homer and the gang will be doing M&G's down the street at WDW.

I would think the Simpsons contract is like Marvel, i.e. it's grandfathered?

Also, if they can’t do anything owned by CBS/Viacom now, why are they doing a Transformers area in Beijing? CBS/Viacom does own Transformers, right?

These IP rights are sooooooooo confusing!

Back on the subject of Epic, you might say I'm eager to learn more about what those plans for Wizarding World are...

Last edited:
Back on the subject of Epic, you might say I'm eager to learn more about what those plans for Wizarding World are...
The British Ministry of Magic was a trackless ride, but they felt it wasn't good enough, so went back to the drawing board to choose a more interesting ride vehicle concept. (I'm assuming Rise of the Resistance kicking ass had something to do with them thinking the trackless concept they had wasn't good enough, but that's just me guessing.) Some have pondered if they were bringing back the scissor suspended ride system from Kongfrontation instead, but that seems like a rather big change from trackless.

Status
Not open for further replies.