Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to what I mentioned before about making sure the park has a proper parade route, I would think if they were really smart they would also make sure they build it with the idea of creating good filming locations for TV shows and specials that don't disrupt the flow of guests. That way they could do more in-park TV events and cross promote. NBC Universal seems to be getting better at that and it would make sense to increase that park presence.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It would be interesting to make serious proposals for what Spiderman could be rethemed to, if they wanted to keep the track and everything else in place. A BTTF ride using this tech could actually work in the sense of 'Delorean-ising' the ride vehicle, but it wouldn't really suit the Island's book theming (Although Kong has kind of thrown the last nail in that now anyway).

Reactions: martymcflyy85
For the same reason, I think it would be a great shame if Disney got the Marvel rights back, Spider-Man would cease to exist.
If the TOT rumors are true, Disney's ruining great attractions by making their own Marvel ones without even acquiring the main rights or touching MSHI! Amazing, isn't it?

Reactions: Mike S
You know what I would really love to see in this park that Orlando doesn't really have. Some big elevation changes. All the parks in Orlando seem so flat and I'd love to see some rides take advantage of elevation changes.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is on beautifully landscaped hilly terrain. That really makes the park. But a good deal of it was originally flat marshland. They built it up. Don't know if it's possible in Orlando, but I like your idea if it can be achieved.

Reactions: Porkchop and Mike S
You know what I would really love to see in this park that Orlando doesn't really have. Some big elevation changes. All the parks in Orlando seem so flat and I'd love to see some rides take advantage of elevation changes.
My home park is a hilly nightmare and I don't mind the Orlando parks at all for being flat, haha.

I'd rather have them create an illusion of terrain through clever landscaping and optical illusions. Much like the valley and mountain at Hogwarts give an illusion of greater height and terrain though the pathways are fairly flat. There is a slight grade change from the front of IoA to the back allowing you to enter the second floor of JPDC and allow the grade change needed for Bilge Rat Barges. That's more than enough grade change.

I'd rather have them create an illusion of terrain through clever landscaping and optical illusions. Much like the valley and mountain at Hogwarts give an illusion of greater height and terrain though the pathways are fairly flat. There is a slight grade change from the front of IoA to the back allowing you to enter the second floor of JPDC and allow the grade change needed for Bilge Rat Barges. That's more than enough grade change.

I'm sure valleys could be created for paths to remain on very gentle slopes. It's really more wanting a coaster to be built that utilises the land.

Reactions: anihilnation
I'm sure valleys could be created for paths to remain on very gentle slopes. It's really more wanting a coaster to be built that utilises the land.
You can't beat a coaster on hilly terrain. The sensation is something you can't recreate on a flat surface. The coasters at Kennywood are something special as they dive down the steep cliff sides towards the river below. It makes a drop seem twice as long and way more dangerous & thrilling. And the same with the BGW coasters.

You can't beat a coaster on hilly terrain. The sensation is something you can't recreate on a flat surface. The coasters at Kennywood are something special as they dive down the steep cliff sides towards the river below. It makes a drop seem twice as long and way more dangerous & thrilling. And the same with the BGW coasters.
Phantom's second drop is actually bigger than the first because of this.

Phantom's second drop is actually bigger than the first because of this.
Exactly....On another Phantom coaster point. People often bragging on how fast some of these new coasters are. I remember when the first incarnation of the Phantom opened(before it was converted to Phantoms Revenge because Phantom was just too tough for the casual rider). The trains were originally running over 90 MPH . People were scared to death and their necks were getting killed. After a month or so, they quickly slowed it down to the apx. 70-80 MPH range.

Last edited:
Reactions: IzzyB and Scott W.
Eh, Epcot has some pretty good elevation changes at points and ton of parents with strollers are in that park. I personally don't need a park with fake elevation changes, doesn't appeal to me. If it is needed for a ride or has a good reason I am for it, but just to have it, that I am not for.

Exactly....On another Phantom coaster point. People often bragging on how fast some of these new coasters are. I remember when the first incarnation of the Phantom opened(before it was converted to Phantoms Revenge because Phantom was just too tough for the casual rider). The trains were originally running over 90 MPH . People were scared to death and their necks were getting killed. After a month or so, they quickly slowed it down to the 70-80 MPH range.

I think there might be more to that than just speed. You can't slow down a coaster 20 mph and not have it stall. :lol:

Anyway, people will be surprised how much elevation changes in parks to create perspective and views. The skill is having them not be noticeable, like the incline in Diagon Alley.

I think there might be more to that than just speed. You can't slow down a coaster 20 mph and not have it stall. :lol:

Anyway, people will be surprised how much elevation changes in parks to create perspective and views. The skill is having them not be noticeable, like the incline in Diagon Alley.
I don't know what they did technically on that but it did happen. It was widely reported in the Pittsburgh media at the time.

I always noticed the incline in Diagon Alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.