Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC Land could be cool, but it wouldn't work logistically. They'd only be able to keep it open at night with little lighting or else there'd be some *shudder* COLOR and FUN in the land... you can't be having that.

Does Six Flags have the same type of contract that some of the other entertainment properties have in place with other parks? Are they restricted to just Six Flags parks? Would love a DC land at Universal.

Oh no no no no. :lol:

That's the joke around here. That's why it's in italics and in a different font. When all else fails, the rumors always went to DC Comics; so it became a joke eventually.

A DC land won't happen. Put it out of your mind.
Oh no no no no. :lol:

That's the joke around here. That's why it's in italics and in a different font. When all else fails, the rumors always went to DC Comics; so it became a joke eventually.
There is a Podcast on another forum speculating about DC Comics coming to UNI. Didn't know if the legs behind it were real.

Something to remember:

Until we have an announcement, nothing should ever be taken as a 100% certainty, especially if what I've recently heard is true.

No matter what any "insider" says, nothing is ever a sure thing until it's open.

Take that for what it's worth.

In the context of this thread... a third park isn't a certainty?

I think the most important question for me is how much will be added to IOA before a third park is opened. We know they want all three to be at top form when it opens. Studios will have had huge upgrades, IOA currently has Kong.

Is it it realistic to think that TL and LC will be touched before the third park?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Does Universal still have some theme park rights to Hanna-Barbera? Because WB announced they are making a cinematic universe based off that and I know Uni has Scooby and Shaggy and Velma in the park so.

Warner Bros. to launch Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe with Scooby-Doo reboot S.C.O.O.B.

That just seems odd to me. I know there were crossovers in animated specials and movies, but doing it with a live action line up seems... Well, just odd. And aside from a few of their properties, how many still have strong recognition with children and even young adults today? Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons... Maybe Yogi (though we saw how meh the live action Yogi film played out compared to a the budget and advertising costs.) I hope I'm wrong, as I'm a big Scooby fan (though I could take or leave most of their other properties.)

Anyways, as far as the rights go I'm not sure. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a Scooby attraction, and Universal Hollywood still has some remains of the Flintstones area if I'm not mistaken (which I totally could be)

Reactions: quinnmac000
That just seems odd to me. I know there were crossovers in animated specials and movies, but doing it with a live action line up seems... Well, just odd. And aside from a few of their properties, how many still have strong recognition with children and even young adults today? Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons... Maybe Yogi (though we saw how meh the live action Yogi film played out compared to a the budget and advertising costs.) I hope I'm wrong, as I'm a big Scooby fan (though I could take or leave most of their other properties.)

Anyways, as far as the rights go I'm not sure. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a Scooby attraction, and Universal Hollywood still has some remains of the Flintstones area if I'm not mistaken (which I totally could be)

Any remnants of Flinstones at USH (Excluding the two picture cars in the studio) has been gone for a few years.

Any remnants of Flinstones at USH (Excluding the two picture cars in the studio) has been gone for a few years.

Ahhh gotcha. I thought there were a few themed carnival games still there, but wasn't sure. Aside from a quick stop to try F&F Supercharged on the tram tour last year, I haven't really 'visited' the park in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.