Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just know Toho is similar to Nintendo, it would take a big idea to get the rights.

Toho is more than just that, they distribute Universal films in theatres while they use their own Japanese company for home videos. Based on Brian Roberts, he said content and distribution are both extremely important to him. Why would he invest to keep their japanese home video company with another company distributing when he can get content and distribution by buying into Toho and also getting the rights to Godzilla, Mothra, etc.

Ehhh, not really. They were super protective of their rights after the horrible 1998 film, but I think the 2014 movie did a lot to easy things over in that regard. The jumped to release the rights to their other creatures after its success. And let's not forget that Universal has the ability to point at Rowling, and now Nintendo, and tell them they have a great track record of working closely with the right holder to insure it is the best it possibly can be.
I know they liked the 2014 version, as did I, so I hope if they are offered a theme park ride they take it.

I'd only be okay with IOA's JP leaving if we got something similar to JPRA in JW at Park 3. Say what you want about the ride, but JPRA is pretty iconic and not having it anymore would be pretty sad.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm still of the opinion that we will see a overhaul of JP in IOA to become JW before we'll see JW in a 3rd gate.

Your not the only one.

It wouldn't make sense to me that they would do that, rather than revamping the area they have right now, to give more things to do besides JPRA and RoK (as main attractions). Hell; I see JP at IOA becoming the UO version of The Lost World that's seen in USS as it makes sense.

Not sure where to post and not really on topic, but now with DWA under them, how long until Comcast makes a play on a Hasboro or a Mattel? :)

You could have a hell of a childrens ride and play area based on Chutes and Ladders and Candyland. Imagine a flat to Hunger Hunger Hippos kinda like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. A Monopoly dark ride where, using track switches varies the course of the ride providing unpredictability.
Is Mousetrap a MB property, imagine an actual wild mouse coaster based and themed to that.

Rides off of GI Joe if they can get that going good again.

Maybe a Hot Wheels themed coaster with different themed cars to ride. Think 8 person cars like Gerslauer's eurofighters.

The question is about how that meshes with Disney's Toy Story tie ins.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Not sure where to post and not really on topic, but now with DWA under them, how long until Comcast makes a play on a Hasboro or a Mattel? :)

They were planning on it at first and even had a film deal to make all these Hasbro games films and later adapt those properties into the theme parks but they dropped that deal as they realized it wasn't really profitable.

Hanna-Barbera would be much better as a Toon Lagoon replacement.

Scooby-Doo replaces TL theater, Jetsons takes over carnival games/Comic Strip Lane area, Popeye stays as is, Flintstones and/or Wacky Races replace Dudley

Do kids actually recognize these characters anymore? I don't think they're popular cartoons like they were decades ago....maybe Scooby Doo is

I assume it will be a modified hub and spoke. Similar to Shanghai Disneyland is the extent of the differences. It especially won't have one "Main Street".

TDS, MK, DL, etc, etc are all hub and spoke and have plenty of water.

I just cannot stand another lake in the middle park from Uni

I wonder if they will attempt a large central icon if they go the hub-and-spoke route. I know a giant hat and a water tower that Disney isn't using anymore.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder if they will attempt a large central icon if they go the hub-and-spoke route. I know a giant hat and a water tower that Disney isn't using anymore.
Universal's 3rd park's icon should be the Earful Sorcerer Tower Hat, an unholy fusion of the two!

My guess for Park 3 should this come to pass:

-Berk (HTTYD)
-Far, Far Away (Shrek)
-Valley of Peace (KFP)
-Madagascar
-Something Nintendo
-Jurassic World

In this situation, SLoP takes over Shrek and Jurassic Park in IoA becomes something else.
Not that I wouldn't love that, but that's like opening the Magic Kingdom with 5 Fantasyland's and Tomorrowland.

It's not balanced at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts