Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One if the original Islands at IOA was suppose to be Batman island .... batman is a huge untapped IP except for it's use at Six Flags New England. With the recent BvS blockbuster and this summer's Suicide Squad coming out as I'm a sure another stand alone batman as well..the possibilities are endless for a DC themed island. Other possible IPs could include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hunger Games ...not sure if these had been mentioned

One if the original Islands at IOA was suppose to be Batman island .... batman is a huge untapped IP except for it's use at Six Flags New England. With the recent BvS blockbuster and this summer's Suicide Squad coming out as I'm a sure another stand alone batman as well..the possibilities are endless for a DC themed island. Other possible IPs could include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hunger Games ...not sure if these had been mentioned

Batman is off the table thanks to SixFlags. Hunger Games is a dying franchise, IMO.

TMNT is an intriguing thought, as the property has shown itself to be fairly timeless.

Batman is off the table thanks to SixFlags. Hunger Games is a dying franchise, IMO.

TMNT is an intriguing thought, as the property has shown itself to be fairly timeless.
I think if Mummy ever gets replaced, TMNT would be the way to go. That or FB, but I'd rather FB get its own land that is a full 1920s New York rather than modern day New York.

Mummy is in the process of getting a reboot. Id love to see a TMNT dark ride replace MIB attraction but that's also getting a reboot to the franchise with the Jump Street crossover

I think if Mummy ever gets replaced, TMNT would be the way to go. That or FB, but I'd rather FB get its own land that is a full 1920s New York rather than modern day New York.

I'd argue the NY land in USF is out of time, and FB could go there easily.

Mummy is in the process of getting a reboot. Id love to see a TMNT dark ride replace MIB attraction but that's also getting a reboot to the franchise with the Jump Street crossover

Mummy is getting rebooted, but if Universal is as gung-ho as they seem on their "Monsters Shared Universe", I think there's a better chance of Mummy getting replaced and Uni doing a Monsters land in IoA or Park 3

Theres a Batman ride in just about every Six Flags in the country. Not sure if you meant it was only at the one in new england or six flags in general.

Comcast needs to buy those rights ASAP because six flags just doesn't do it justice.

The closest that Six flags to me, has done it right with using the DC characters well Is surprisingly something that most people would be surprised of seeing at a thrill park. And that, is JL-BFM as its a great use of tech and shows that SF can do something very well themed for regional park standards.

The closest that Six flags to me, has done it right with using the DC characters well Is surprisingly something that most people would be surprised of seeing at a thrill park. And that, is JL-BFM as its a great use of tech and shows that SF can do something very well themed for regional park standards.
Yea that was impressive. If that is affordable for regional parks then everyone needs one. I'm worried they won't maintain it though.

I have a gut feeling that Marvel wouldn't be too happy if they weren't the only focus for super heros at UOR.

Marvel wouldn't be too happy but unfortunately nothing in the contract saying no other superheros at UOR (would probably have to be a third park mainly for no mixing of characters which is in the contract like no Simpson in Superhero Island.)

Also don't knock Six Flags for DC just yet...this is a pretty awesome start for them.

Marvel wouldn't be too happy but unfortunately nothing in the contract saying no other superheros at UOR (would probably have to be a third park mainly for no mixing of characters which is in the contract like no Simpson in Superhero Island.)

Sure, technically there's nothing they can do about it, but why piss off a partner you've been with for decades?

I think a Madagascar Island would be the perfect overlay for Toon Lagoon. Keep the Rapids ride and demo the theater for a Madagascar dark ride(Not sure what could become of Dudleys). Madagascar could also flow nicely into Skull Island I would think.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I think a Madagascar Island would be the perfect overlay for Toon Lagoon. Keep the Rapids ride and demo the theater for a Madagascar dark ride(Not sure what could become of Dudleys). Madagascar could also flow nicely into Skull Island I would think.

Why would they get rid of Dudley when they also no own Dudley thanks to the deal? Most if not everything in Toon Lagoon have plans to be remade from Popeye, Betty boop etc. I know right now its not popular and a lot of people are like lets get rid of it but if they do get rid of it and all the remakes magically become huge successes. Now you just wasted time getting rid of something you already had.

Why would they get rid of Dudley when they also no own Dudley thanks to the deal? Most if not everything in Toon Lagoon have plans to be remade from Popeye, Betty boop etc. I know right now its not popular and a lot of people are like lets get rid of it but if they do get rid of it and all the remakes magically become huge successes. Now you just wasted time getting rid of something you already had.
The show scenes in Dudley definitely need to be redone though. Looks like a damn six flags ride compared to Jurassic Park right next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.