Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kind of the point
Whether that's the point or not, it's a terrible point.

Basically what you're telling me is they purposefully made a crappy ride and it's justified because of the theme? That's fairly akin to how we ended up with Dino-rama, a themed parking lot.

MOD NOTE: Watch the language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I hate to hear that. Any idea what got cut?

I remember whylightbulb having a mini meltdown over the cuts to Gringotts.

The only thing people claim was cut was where two logs dispatched next to one another were sawed apart. I've never seen anything that shows they were ever really planning on doing that though

The only thing people claim was cut was where two logs dispatched next to one another were sawed apart. I've never seen anything that shows they were ever really planning on doing that though
I believe the original permits and construction blueprints incorporated it. It is why the indoor scenes tend to be wider than necessary.

I believe the original permits and construction blueprints incorporated it. It is why the indoor scenes tend to be wider than necessary.

I'll have to track that down.

Even then, that isn't going to fix the style of show scenes they went with for the ride. It would have certainly been neat, but the scenes still would have been simple

The scenes might be themed simple, but they're hilarious & catch the essence of the cartoon series. The water & thrills aspects of the ride itself are excellent. It fulfills it's function of getting you really really wet in a fun & thrilling manner. :thumbsup:

Reactions: BBL and Fatality
I always thought that Dudley was meant to open after IOA did and they rushed the job?

It was. I get what they were going for but there's a way to do cheap that adds more depth and can at least hide the exposed I-beams and such. It's IOA's Dinorama (in terms of theming on ride, not ride experience or the queue/exterior which is pretty fantastic).

Theres a Batman ride in just about every Six Flags in the country. Not sure if you meant it was only at the one in new england or six flags in general.

Yep, the infamous Batman B&M invert clones. St. Louis even has Mr Freeze themed launched coaster with a Batman clone.

Good coasters BTW.

Yep, the infamous Batman B&M invert clones. St. Louis even has Mr Freeze themed launched coaster with a Batman clone.

Good coasters BTW.
Not to get off topic any further but those were originally installed with great theme elements when Time Warner owned the Six Flags chain and they were ramping up the theme elements in all the parks and pouring big money (at least for Six Flags) into them. They were really trying to compete with Disney and Universal (copying a lot of USF stuff as they did it) until they got tired of the business and sold the parks off after just a couple of years.

Back on topic, I'd still bet that there may be discussions about licensing the DC characters for a third park along with other Warner IPs for a third park. I think Universal and Warner have a good relationship with Potter that has been beneficial to both and they are probably looking for more ways to expand that. Warner has DC which is still a vital brand and they also will control theme park rights for LotR once the courts and Tolkien estate get everything settled unless something changes drastically. Both parties have to see lucrative possibilities in those and other IPs.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Not to get off topic any further but those were originally installed with great theme elements when Time Warner owned the Six Flags chain and they were ramping up the theme elements in all the parks and pouring big money (at least for Six Flags) into them. They were really trying to compete with Disney and Universal (copying a lot of USF stuff as they did it) until they got tired of the business and sold the parks off after just a couple of years.

Back on topic, I'd still bet that there may be discussions about licensing the DC characters for a third park along with other Warner IPs for a third park. I think Universal and Warner have a good relationship with Potter that has been beneficial to both and they are probably looking for more ways to expand that. Warner has DC which is still a vital brand and they also will control theme park rights for LotR once the courts and Tolkien estate get everything settled unless something changes drastically. Both parties have to see lucrative possibilities in those and other IPs.

The biggest benefit is Warner Bros isn't trying to get in the theme park business and the Universal Parks have always been willing to partner up with other companies for their parks (remember Universal Orlando was suppose to be a joint venture between Universal and Disney but Eisner decided that he didn't want to "borrowed" most ideas from Universal Hollywood and put them in a Disney Park) so I think it would be easy to see more WB properties in Universal theme parks. Lets not forget James Cameron also come to Universal first for Pandora. I think if more film companies see theme parks being beneficial to their sales and merchandising we will see more out there IPs in the future third park. Maybe Mad Max.

The biggest benefit is Warner Bros isn't trying to get in the theme park business and the Universal Parks have always been willing to partner up with other companies for their parks (remember Universal Orlando was suppose to be a joint venture between Universal and Disney but Eisner decided that he didn't want to "borrowed" most ideas from Universal Hollywood and put them in a Disney Park) so I think it would be easy to see more WB properties in Universal theme parks. Lets not forget James Cameron also come to Universal first for Pandora. I think if more film companies see theme parks being beneficial to their sales and merchandising we will see more out there IPs in the future third park. Maybe Mad Max.

Mad Max sounds like it could be a great IP to have in the park.

Just sayin...

From the contract:

Thereafter any MCA proposed joint promotion (in which MCA receives no consideration) involving a competing product or entity in the territory covered by a Marvel promotion contained in such notice(s) shall require Marvel’s approval.

My legalese sucks. But, doesn't this mean that any time Marvel is advertised with another IP, Marvel's permission is required?

Regardless, the phrase "shall require Marvel's approval" is never a good sign under Disney management.

Status
Not open for further replies.