1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Universal' started by OrlandoGuy, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Pokémon cancelled!

2. RFRees

RFRees Rookie

One of the significant issues is who or where the original source is. It's possible that TPU is reporting exactly what they have heard or seen, but the source may be a little inconsistent.

GoombaGoomba likes this.
  3. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Sorry for this news-less personal post, but I moved in February. It wasn't until Bio's tweet this morning that I realized the giant square of dirt I stare at outside my window every day is, in fact, THE NEW UNIVERSAL PARK. I figured it was a really big hotel or new subdivision or something. Still trying to process that thought.

violarum, truejonas, jrn14 and 17 others like this.
  4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Kind of like a Rip Van Winkle moment. ;).......Reminds me of vacationing in Germany. We drove from Augsburg down to a small farm town about 20 miles outside of Garmish-Partierkirchen. During the drive it was a heavy rainstorm through the rolling hills of central Bavaria. When we awoke, staring at us was the massive Zugspiel of the Alps. That was impressive as all hell.

5. natespf

natespf --Classified-- Premium Member

Well that's news to me, but I do want to know how long until you put a webcam on your roof?

Mike S, fryoj, GoombaGoomba and 3 others like this.
  6. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

@Alicia is going to be begging @SeventyOne for dinner invites :eat:. ;)

Mike S, SeventyOne, natespf and 2 others like this.
  7. GoombaGoomba

GoombaGoomba Newcomer

Bingo Bango

Jeepers Reaper and Mad Dog like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

That couldn't possibly have been clickbait or mean he got something wrong... Pokemon never happened, therefore he was right! :lol:

9. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

Question is, are you happy to live so close to a theme park or are you regretting your move because it could mean a lot of noise/fireworks/traffic each day?

SeventyOne likes this.
  10. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Used to live behind Sea World, never bothered me.

therock, tielo, Mad Dog and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Can’t imagine it would considering it has nowhere near the attendance of Orlando’s other big parks, therefore less potential noise :rimshot:

SeventyOne likes this.
  12. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

Between the coasters and the animals (sea lions especially) SeaWorld is actually quite noisy. I live about a mile away and here the sea lions at night and the screams of coaster riders during the day.

13. Norrin

Norrin Newcomer

5G folks.

The possibilities that this technology will release is bigger than what people can imagine. I don't know, personally, what Universal has up their sleeves, but I know of quite a bit of technology that is on the cusp, waiting for 5G to be released. With the park rumored to open 2022/2023, that is quite a bit of time to fine tune everything.

I find the open "main street" concept very innovative and could prove to be a big game changer for the industry. I say go for it Universal. Innovation doesn't happen by playing it safe.

14. GoombaGoomba

GoombaGoomba Newcomer

GREAT POINT!

15. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Thinking about it, and I could see Comcast wanting to push a stronger internet connection while on resort property. It's likely going to still take a few years for 5G to pop in on a major note, but I could see them wanting to test the waters at a flagship property for them.

16. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

5G is more than just internet connection, its essentially for improvement in A/I functionality allowing computers to process information via wireless at much faster rates due to the low latency and fast speeds. (I.e using iphone Siri as an example, Siri now has the ability to based on the level of information speeds via the wireless signal to initiate a conversation with you about your activity and location before you even ask a question)

The issue is the high frequency of the wavelength...higher the wavelength, shorter the frequency travels meaning way more "towers" and it will be harder to penetrate walls, trees, etc making it somewhat infeasible without something putting out a huge output of power. Additionally, 5G devices will require a large power supply as well as huge battery backups.

I don't think we will observe a lot of 5G in this upcoming park.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 12:04 AM
  17. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

No thanks. I already have a wife that will initiate conversations that I don't want to have.

Jamesh22 and therock like this.
  18. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

upload_2019-4-16_8-10-24.jpeg

19. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

The unethical life pro tip would be to complain about the noise and hope that they offer you free tickets as compensation.

Back to that palm tree. If this is them finishing preparation of the land and ready to start construction, I think an announcement is going to be forthcoming.

This isn't like Hagrid's coaster where an announcement needs to be made far in advance since they're closing Dragon Challenge, it's not like the JP coaster that can be announced any time since it's not replacing anything, it's not like Volcano Bay where it's an addition to the current resort.

This is a big deal, this is the future of Universal Orlando Resort for the next 29 years, there will probably be a groundbreaking ceremony with some big wigs and an announcement. Probably something very vague but I'd imagine they'd mention their plans to build a theme park and hotels and probably an opening year, not a concrete date.

SukaVayne73, Dhdhddh and SeventyOne like this.
  20. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

The topping off of land clearing doesn't mean construction is ready to start. There's still a fair amount of grading to be done, water drainage ponds to be shaped, etc. Plus, the only construction permitted that we know of are trailers and the back of house warehouses off Sand Lake. It may still be until next year until we see actual theme park construction begin.

The tree is cute though, all alone out there. I wonder if it's being used as a general landmark for crews so they can tell where they are too, in addition to a sort of topping off.