Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching Jurassic World and thinking about Magic Kingdom...how would people feel if the park was isolated from the rest of the land purchased and you had to be transported to the park?

watching Jurassic World and thinking about Magic Kingdom...how would people feel if the park was isolated from the rest of the land purchased and you had to be transported to the park?

As long as the transport is sexy snazzy, I don't think people would be troubled at all. Buses might be a problem even though Disney uses them constantly.

Reactions: RevFreako
I thought you meant the Monorail from JW, not the boat.

I thought the monorail but for that to work with an all glass monorail screens on inside would have to be like the magic mirrors where from the outside people can see in but people looking at the glass seeing something else.

And Universal already has trains (hogwarts express), why not use water?

they should devote the theme to the new park to horror movies.Universal is famous for its horror ips and having a park for the monsters kinda makes since.You could also have 10-15 large sound stages built so they could have bigger hhn.It should also prob be mostly thrill rides.

they should devote the theme to the new park to horror movies.Universal is famous for its horror ips and having a park for the monsters kinda makes since.You could also have 10-15 large sound stages built so they could have bigger hhn.It should also prob be mostly thrill rides.
The whole park?

Reactions: Mike S

Personally, I think that would be a poor move if Universal did that.

UC has IPs from DWA, Classic Media, their own studio catalog and that's not talking about the relationship with Sanrio, WB, Nintendo and what seems to be working with great companies in the Asian front.

Personally, the park has to be handled correctly, with plenty of Indoor/outdoor attractions based on IPs and stories that everyone can enjoy.

Basing the park on one small (but somewhat important) aspect of the company would be a bad idea, especially if it's an all Horror Themed park (even though I do love the Uni Classic Monsters).

Personally, I think that would be a poor move if Universal did that.

UC has IPs from DWA, Classic Media, their own studio catalog and that's not talking about the relationship with Sanrio, WB, Nintendo and what seems to be working with great companies in the Asian front.

Personally, the park has to be handled correctly, with plenty of Indoor/outdoor attractions based on IPs and stories that everyone can enjoy.

Basing the park on one small (but somewhat important) aspect of the company would be a bad idea, especially if it's an all Horror Themed park (even though I do love the Uni Classic Monsters).
It's a cool and good idea for a land there, but not as the whole park.

And no way they go mostly thrill rides. That doesn't bring families and money. Thrill rides are great, but they limit theming of the ride itself at times and doesn't help the theme park environment.

The worlds most beloved theme parks are famous for the diversity of attractions not just for one solo part. Universal horror is a part of its history but not big enough for an entire park. The two properties they actually fully 100% own without it being free domain are The girl from the ring and the boy from the grudge but those didn't even translate well in the states.

Hmm....Could this potentialy mean a phased opening for the third park with multiple expansions or parks for the next 20 years? Since they have a plan for the next 20 years for the parks.

“The great thing about the theme park business, particularly the way we approach the theme park business and where we are in our life cycle, it’s sort of an ‘if you build it, they will come’ business,” Burke said. “If we keep investing in Florida, California, Japan, Beijing, and potentially other countries around the world, we can have significant double-digit [operating cash flow] growth for many, many years.

“Theme parks, which was a part of the company that we really didn’t spend much time even thinking about when we bought it, is now one of our favorite parts of NBCUniversal,” Burke said.

He said the parks are the perfect outlet for NBCUniversal’s intellectual property, including Despicable Me, Minions, and the characters in the DreamWorks portfolio, which the company acquired this year.

“It’s so perfectly complementary with the rest of the company,” Burke said. “Of all the businesses in some ways, I think over a 10-or 20-year period, it is the clearest vision we have for how to expand at a very rapid rate for a very long period of time.”or 20-year period, it is the clearest vision we have for how to expand at a very rapid rate for a very long period of time.
Universal Theme Parks Are Bound for a Long Stretch of Rapid Growth, CEO Says – Skift

Status
Not open for further replies.