Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would highly look into this interview between Robert Niles of TPI and Steve Tatham of Universal Japan.

Let's talk Nintendo with the creative director at Universal Studios Japan

As I stated in another thread, I won't be surprised to see more of things like this for upcoming rides to entertain people while they wait via Tapu Tapu to ride

We also have a new advanced VR coaster that is based on the Evangelion anime property. For this attraction we created our first-ever mobile app game to set up the story experience in the queue. Guests can download the app to their Apple or Android device and interact with the attraction and receive their mission before climbing on board

My idea for a possible 3rd gate

-A Wonder Wharf area complete with a Bob's Burgers E-Ticket, Bob's Burgers restaurant , and Jimmy Pesto's pizzeria
-Nintendo area for rides that don't make it in USO and IOA
-An area featuring Hollywood's classics. A sort of Backlot tour/ Great Movie Ride attraction . It could feature cult classic Tv Shows and Movies. Also a La La Land stage show.
-Not my favorite IP, but a Jurassic World area would do really well. Includes an attraction where the Gyrosphere goes off track and danger and such
-An Adam Sandler ride(no not actually). Think of such quality movies like Jack and Jill, Grown Ups 2, and Blended Also, you can't forget a Paul Blart segway ride. ;)
-DC comics ride. Something like Gringotts or the Mummy, but faster.
-An Illumination area, with a Minions ride(different from the one in USO) Secret Life of Pets ride , and a musical show for Sing

Would love some feedback on this idea. What properties work and what don't etc.

Reactions: maroonmol

-A Wonder Wharf area complete with a Bob's Burgers E-Ticket, Bob's Burgers restaurant , and Jimmy Pesto's pizzeria
-An area featuring Hollywood's classics. A sort of Backlot tour/ Great Movie Ride attraction . It could feature cult classic Tv Shows and Movies. Also a La La Land stage show.
-Not my favorite IP, but a Jurassic World area would do really well. Includes an attraction where the Gyrosphere goes off track and danger and such
-An Adam Sandler ride(no not actually). Think of such quality movies like Jack and Jill, Grown Ups 2, and Blended Also, you can't forget a Paul Blart segway ride. ;)
-An Illumination area, with a Minions ride(different from the one in USO) Secret Life of Pets ride , and a musical show for Sing

they do this, i will never ever ever go to Universal again.

The only thing I REALLY want out of this new park is a classic monsters land. And I have a feeling I won't get it. I'm expecting some sort of Harry Potter expansion to take place here, which would be great, but I just love me some Mummy and Wolfman
I would LOVE this too being a fan of the old classic Monster movies. If it can't happen in the new park, what about if Shrek gets removed and moved over to Dreamworks land (if it happens) and that building gets themed into an old castle with a Universal version of The Great Movie ride but with scenes from all the classic Horror movies. It would be right next door to Monsters Cafe! Imagine walking into USF and seeing that imposing castle right there, especially at night with lighting and thunder FX added around the building.

Here's what's going to be in that park IMO;

Dreamworks, Fantastic Beasts, Throwback to old Universal movies, Jurassic World, and Illimination.

I can't for the life of me think that they'll pay homage to older Universal Films that have been used. I do agree with JW and that I think the Uni Monster-verse is very likely.

As for others..

Zelda and Pokemon (Nintendo) [One land for each]
Surprise IP from someone we won't expect
Berk and Far Far Away (DWA) [One land for each]
Fantastic Beasts (Warner)

Reactions: Mike S

I want Universal to buy DC Comics outright.But I can dream... WOuld love to see DC Comics used properly in theme parks

I can't for the life of me think that they'll pay homage to older Universal Films that have been used. I do agree with JW and that I think the Uni Monster-verse is very likely.

As for others..

IMO the only big, flashy IP that's out there is LOTR, and I wouldn't hold my breath on that one haha

As for others..

I think Zelda and Pokémon would be better suited to be split between IoA and Site B with one of them replacing LC.

Status
Not open for further replies.