Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallon brought in an modern (yet updatable IP) into the park's, with The Tonight Show; along with it being an attraction that should be bringing in more capacity. And Cinecele finally made the park have a proper nighttime show in some form.

That said, F&F will always be the Dumpster Fire in the best and worst way's.

What should be on the horizon, will help. And for Gate 4, it's good that they want to focus on preparing for the crowds, as it should help get IOA and USF to have relevant and new attractions and experiences ready.

Last edited:
Fantastic Beasts looks to wrap up its B.O. haul soon. Stateside, it's a dud, and when it's all said and done - it will be outgrossed worldwide by Bohemian Rhapsody and the critically panned Venom. It may not even pass Ant-Man and the Wasp's take.

Things are fluid, but I really do hope they evaluate what role FB plays with their new marquee, state-of-the-art park. Potter is successful at both parks already, leave well enough alone and aim elsewhere.

Fantastic Beasts looks to wrap up its B.O. haul soon. Stateside, it's a dud, and when it's all said and done - it will be outgrossed worldwide by Bohemian Rhapsody and the critically panned Venom. It may not even pass Ant-Man and the Wasp's take.

Things are fluid, but I really do hope they evaluate what role FB plays with their new marquee, state-of-the-art park. Potter is successful at both parks already, leave well enough alone and aim elsewhere.

I think they’re taking the Ministry ride, expanding it to other magical governments, and putting that as the Beasts ride.

I was thinking the other day that it would be fun to have JK Rowling develop some park specific content just for FW...There are a ton of unvisted magical schools and stories...I doubt it ends with FB

If they want Potter they should just do all the countries schools and call it a day.

But if FB doesn't go to the new park now, that come mean a larger and more in depth Nintendo or Dreamworks area. Especially if things are fluid still.

Its kind of strange for me to hear people say that it is Studios that needs attention right now.

This fall I finally got a chance to return to the parks for the first time in 8 years and it was pretty shocking how much everything at Universal Orlando had changed, the new hotels, the changes to Citywalk (My Beloved NBA City, NO!), and what seemed like a hundred new things to do at Studios. Islands of Adventure however seemed largely untouched, there was the new film for Spidey (largely an upgrade although the Doc Ock design is worse) and Kong (a great ride if an awkward fit for the area), the lack of the always fun Sinbad show, and the Express (which really feels like it belongs more to Studios) but on the whole it felt like not much time had passed from my last visit nearly a decade earlier.

Studios however is packed to the brim with new rides and experiences, I was in there for a few hours before I did something that I had done in one of the hundred of past trips I had made. It is a radically different park now and while these rides and shows may not be for everyone it feels much more like a park that has been getting constant love and attention.

I agree that there are too many simulator type attractions in Studios, HOWEVER I still prefer Studios to IOA. I'm not sure if it's so much the ride lineup, but rather the layout. It's nice you can go from the Mummy to Transformers to Gringotts to MIB to Simpsons all in a relatively short distance Whereas maneuvering around IOA seems like such an undertaking and really there are only two options to get from point A to point B

I agree that there are too many simulator type attractions in Studios, HOWEVER I still prefer Studios to IOA. I'm not sure if it's so much the ride lineup, but rather the layout. It's nice you can go from the Mummy to Transformers to Gringotts to MIB to Simpsons all in a relatively short distance Whereas maneuvering around IOA seems like such an undertaking and really there are only two options to get from point A to point B
Well, there is a third, but make sure no one catches you and bring a swimsuit.

Its kind of strange for me to hear people say that it is Studios that needs attention right now.

This fall I finally got a chance to return to the parks for the first time in 8 years and it was pretty shocking how much everything at Universal Orlando had changed, the new hotels, the changes to Citywalk (My Beloved NBA City, NO!), and what seemed like a hundred new things to do at Studios. Islands of Adventure however seemed largely untouched, there was the new film for Spidey (largely an upgrade although the Doc Ock design is worse) and Kong (a great ride if an awkward fit for the area), the lack of the always fun Sinbad show, and the Express (which really feels like it belongs more to Studios) but on the whole it felt like not much time had passed from my last visit nearly a decade earlier.

Studios however is packed to the brim with new rides and experiences, I was in there for a few hours before I did something that I had done in one of the hundred of past trips I had made. It is a radically different park now and while these rides and shows may not be for everyone it feels much more like a park that has been getting constant love and attention.
Studios needed the most change, it was seen as the "boring park" next to IOA....While I do think that USF has grown quite a bit, it still needs some practical dark rides to feel more fleshed out....IOA, ironically, has more variance of attraction types....FW promises to have even more

I think they’re taking the Ministry ride, expanding it to other magical governments, and putting that as the Beasts ride.

The problem with this is that the Ministry that 99% of people who want to visit a Ministry want to visit is the one in London. To the extent that anyone remembers any Ministries in the movies, they remember the one with the atrium lobby, all the office windows looking out, and all the fireplaces.

That's certainly what I want to see from a Ministry attraction, not the rather forgettable designs from the FB movies.

Because the stuff at Islands is still overall better than the stuff at Studios. Even the new stuff.

The problem with this is that the Ministry that 99% of people who want to visit a Ministry want to visit is the one in London. To the extent that anyone remembers any Ministries in the movies, they remember the one with the atrium lobby, all the office windows looking out, and all the fireplaces.

That's certainly what I want to see from a Ministry attraction, not the rather forgettable designs from the FB movies.

I've always wondered if they'd do something where you'd use portkeys or a floo network to transport between ministries in a massive duel between various wizards. That'd be cool and offer some awesome set pieces.

What type of lands rides attractions shows food merchandise and ride systems will this 4 gate have
Mainly themepark type attractions with accompanying merchandise in the included IPs. There will be a variety of foods including but not limited to burgers, pizza, chicken, salads and a selection of deserts. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.