UO Plastic Annual Passes coming June 3 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

UO Plastic Annual Passes coming June 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would personally love all parks to install a baggage scanner at the security gates. Note only would it make it easier on security, but it would be a big plus operations wise as it should speed up the process.
It does. Before yesterday, my last two Uni trips also had no 'no bag' line (every time at 7h30 for early entry) and so every time I had to wait a few minutes because people in front of me did have bags. Then yesterday, I noticed a line had the bagage scanner, chose that line and I was not stuck behind people.

Reactions: Nick
I have waited in longer lines to get into MK than USF in the mornings. I've also waited in line to leave MK, which is something unique altogether.
Since the new entrance "turnstiles" have been implemented, I find there is rarely a line into the park, even on the busiest of days. Now if we're talking 9 in the morning, then I can't comment.

I have experienced the lines leaving though,yes. Much of that depends on if you make the mistake of leaving by the monorail platform though. The exit towards the ferry never has issues.

I would personally love all parks to install a baggage scanner at the security gates. Not only would it make it easier on security, but it would be a big plus operations wise as it should speed up the process.

Fun fact: guests are more likely to question when at TM inspects a bag and rejected something than a machine. Happens a lot of other places, there's a bias about fairness people have developed for machines. I'm pro scanning machines for bags.

Fun fact: guests are more likely to question when at TM inspects a bag and rejected something than a machine. Happens a lot of other places, there's a bias about fairness people have developed for machines. I'm pro scanning machines for bags.
That's a lot in part to the fact that machines can't be called racist, homophobic, etc, etc.

I am also pro scanning machines. Seriously have an issue with the guy touching someone else's stuff and then touching my stuff. We had to always stop them when getting into my son's medical bags. We kept his stuff separate and easy to see to the bottom and asked them not to touch inside the bag. Everyone was normally pretty good about it, but still wish that none of my bags were hand inspected.

Since the new entrance "turnstiles" have been implemented, I find there is rarely a line into the park, even on the busiest of days. Now if we're talking 9 in the morning, then I can't comment.

Yes! Thank you MagicBands. It makes anything outside the mornings a breeze to get in.

I think there's no question about getting into the parks at Disney being a better experience. The tech/turnstiles are better, and the people are nicer. However, the newly added security people can be a bit... rude.

Universal can benefit from a more efficient system, and perhaps retraining of some of their staff. New outfits too, for the love of god!

Reactions: graspthesun
I'm usually a critic of overt security checks, since I believe security intelligence & camera monitoring is way more important & effective. But, I have to compliment the Universal Security checkers on the pathway hotel entrances and the water taxis. These were the most friendly & respectful security people I have ever encountered anywhere. They always made a point to initiate friendly conversation & joke around. A big smile goes a long way.And their checks were as unobtrusive as possible under the circumstances. Thumbs up to those guys & gals manning those areas. :thumbsup:

I'm usually a critic of overt security checks, since I believe security intelligence & camera monitoring is way more important & effective. But, I have to compliment the Universal Security checkers on the pathway hotel entrances and the water taxis. These were the most friendly & respectful security people I have ever encountered anywhere. They always made a point to initiate friendly conversation & joke around. A big smile goes a long way.And their checks were as unobtrusive as possible under the circumstances. Thumbs up to those guys & gals manning those areas. :thumbsup:

Camera monitoring takes adequate amounts of training for certification and most would not work at Universal/Disney when they could work for the DOD or as contractors for 6+ figures. Mainly the game and overt security checks is to provide an obstacle and act as a deterrent. Would a robber likely rob a store with a police officer in front of it no. Even if its just a rent a cop.

It has gotten to the point where too many security people are trying to handle my camera and trying to displace the top compartment divider in my camera bag to try and see the bottom half of it, even when I have the bottom compartment door unzipped and hanging wide open (got so used to them rarely ever bothering to look at it that I still forget to unzip it before I set it down sometimes, though) that I might say I'd rather do the bag scanners. That's where I would draw a hard line, though, personally.

Anyway, can't wait to pick up my plastic pass!

When I've gone to IOA and my party needs to get tickets, the line is usually 20 minutes plus in the morning. What's worse is that there are available ticket booths that are not being used. Then you need to make the line to enter the park, which isn't bad but usually takes a couple of minutes.

In the future they'll probably sell an express pass just to be able to buy tickets and enter the park with no wait.

When I've gone to IOA and my party needs to get tickets, the line is usually 20 minutes plus in the morning. What's worse is that there are available ticket booths that are not being used. Then you need to make the line to enter the park, which isn't bad but usually takes a couple of minutes.

In the future they'll probably sell an express pass just to be able to buy tickets and enter the park with no wait.
Buying online has its perks