UO Plastic Annual Passes coming June 3 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

UO Plastic Annual Passes coming June 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some of it simply has to do with terrible planning. There's a lot of times where DHS gets waved through and people get free parking simply to ease congestion. Most of it is they see so many people (especially at MK), they need to go as fast as possible.

But what is odd is when it is most backed up it seems that is when they check ID and scan and when it is dead they wave us in. Like the other day at Epcot we came in at an odd time. It was so dead I was out of my car and taking things out of the back of my SUV when finally a car parked next to us. That day we got waved right thru. One day I thought we would never get thru the booths, seemed to take extra long and that day they scanned it and checked ID. I feel like it is more the person at the booth (new vs. old) than it is timing. But I could be wrong. I don't often wait long at the parking booths for Disney, so I may not catch the extra busy times.

But what is odd is when it is most backed up it seems that is when they check ID and scan and when it is dead they wave us in. Like the other day at Epcot we came in at an odd time. It was so dead I was out of my car and taking things out of the back of my SUV when finally a car parked next to us. That day we got waved right thru. One day I thought we would never get thru the booths, seemed to take extra long and that day they scanned it and checked ID. I feel like it is more the person at the booth (new vs. old) than it is timing. But I could be wrong. I don't often wait long at the parking booths for Disney, so I may not catch the extra busy times.
It's the new people that are afraid to lose their jobs that check every time, most likely.

Epcot stops staffing booths and parking attendants on slower nights after a certain time.

After a certain time of day, nearly all people parking at Epcot are pass holders or cast members. Apparently the management thinks they (the guests) know where they're going and what here doing enough to completely drop the staffing.

And side note: APs use the Epcot lot to access the other parks.

Epcot stops staffing booths and parking attendants on slower nights after a certain time.

After a certain time of day, nearly all people parking at Epcot are pass holders or cast members. Apparently the management thinks they (the guests) know where they're going and what here doing enough to completely drop the staffing.

Yes, I have seen the booths not staffed and/or no one parking us. I actually prefer that because in most cases there are open spots up front from people leaving so you end up parking closer. I hate when they are still parking around 3/4 PM because I know there are spots closer. The booths are normally staffed later than 3/4 though. They seem to pull parking people first, then pull the booths collecting money. I think 95% of people have to be pass holders or employees. Who is going to spend money on a day ticket and go in after 3 PM? However, there are AP passes that don't include parking. Less with Silver, but still weekday passes.

They stop staffing all park booths after a certain time. I personally use the MK booth a lot when it's unstaffed as a local as we always head out to reams road through MK backstage.

Reactions: HulkCoaster
Weird request: could somebody with a plastic pass try to read it with a RFID reader? RFID tags cost fractions of a penny. I'd be shocked if these passes don't have ones built in a la MagicBands. I'd be really curious to see what info they may / may not send.
I'm fairly certain the new passes do not have RFID chips in them. The passes look to be fairly flimsy and don't have the typical markings of a RFID enabled card (i.e. outlines of a chip or sensor).

Reactions: martymcflyy85
They are just cards with the barcode. You can get them now if your pass is pretty damaged. If not, you have to wait til the exchange.

Just had my AP renewal notice and even though I'm not heading out again until next March the renewal price still makes it better value than waiting and getting a new one. Question is, how long from expiry do I have to renew?

Just had my AP renewal notice and even though I'm not heading out again until next March the renewal price still makes it better value than waiting and getting a new one. Question is, how long from expiry do I have to renew?
You have a 30 day window before and 30 days after the expiration date to renew your pass.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
No RFID? GOOD! Now I haven't checked my mail today but Does anyone know if this is something I have to get in person at the ticket booth or guest service? I guess they would not send by mail.... and another question, Do you guys know if there is a window period to exchange the passes or does it have to be done on my next visit? I'm asking because I usually open the park and leave by 1 or 2 PM or after I'm done at Finnegan's lol. So could I used my paper ticket and deal with the exchange after the morning rush is done?

No RFID? GOOD! Now I haven't checked my mail today but Does anyone know if this is something I have to get in person at the ticket booth or guest service? I guess they would not send by mail.... and another question, Do you guys know if there is a window period to exchange the passes or does it have to be done on my next visit? I'm asking because I usually open the park and leave by 1 or 2 PM or after I'm done at Finnegan's lol. So could I used my paper ticket and deal with the exchange after the morning rush is done?
You do not have to switch your pass if you don't want to. It's completely optional. However, should you choose to change your pass, you can do so between June 3rd and June 19th inside the park at either Cafe La Bamba or the Jurassic Park Discovery Center. After those dates listed, or outside of the hours for those locations, you can pick it up at the Group Sales windows at Islands of Adventure. Universal is trying to keep as many people out of the Guest Services lines for this as possible since those lines can already get fairly long to begin with.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Touring Plans recently tweeted that the plastic passes are now available at guest services.
They are available for reprints and newly purchased annual pass holders. However, as stated before, Universal would like to keep as many people out of the Gust Service queues as possible and strongly encourage not attempting to pick it up there unless you need a replacement. There's a reason they're giving us a bunch of dates to pick it up inside the park at our own dedicated locations.

You do not have to switch your pass if you don't want to. It's completely optional. However, should you choose to change your pass, you can do so between June 3rd and June 19th inside the park at either Cafe La Bamba or the Jurassic Park Discovery Center. After those dates listed, or outside of the hours for those locations, you can pick it up at the Group Sales windows at Islands of Adventure. Universal is trying to keep as many people out of the Guest Services lines for this as possible since those lines can already get fairly long to begin with.
Thank you so much that's actually great news.... guest service can get impossible at times. I definitely want to get a plastic more durable AP ticket, just not a fan of those chips.

Do you think the plastic AP's have come because Uni have listened to the fans? if so bravo Universal :thumbsup: