USF Project? | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be nice for the Potter attraction to be two things:
1) A family ride
2) Not a coaster

In other words, a dark ride. Potter attractions (sans HE which is more transportation to me) are all either coasters or thrill rides, but we don't have an innovative family experience that's much different. MoM, if it can hit that demo, it's got everything it needs for the Potter package to be complete.
This is a great point..I think MoM will fill this void

Perhaps Universal is under the assumption that the core demo for Potter fans are at an age that they love thrills :shrug:

Its been said a million times, but I'll say it again. Gimme a boat ride at Universal.

A boat ride would be nice...Potter would be perfect....Although after this and MoM I would hope no more Potter...They are using it as a bit of a crutch

This is a great point..I think MoM will fill this void

Perhaps Universal is under the assumption that the core demo for Potter fans are at an age that they love thrills :shrug:

A boat ride would be nice...Potter would be perfect....Although after this and MoM I would hope no more Potter...They are using it as a bit of a crutch

As much as I love Potter and what they have done with it so far, I agree this would be the correct step. MoM would be amazing and I am confident they would do it very, very well. They will need something new to focus on after it, I would hope.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Cough cough...Cornetto Trilogy..cough. Universal owns them, can increase alcohol sales in the park, and adds horror, action, and sci-fi.

191ecc5736646be33b9f11e8e442e5fa--badass-movie-movies-to-watch.jpg
I've been wondering for years why this hasn't come to HHN yet...I'm not sure what they could do for it in terms of a ride tho.

I've been wondering for years why this hasn't come to HHN yet...I'm not sure what they could do for it in terms of a ride tho.
Personally, the only thing I could see them touch is Shaun of The Dead for HHN.

Meanwhile, the more I think about it; if they go with another IP like Bond or DrWho, they would have to make the area themed differently. The London Waterfront as it stands right now, is the Potterverse. So unless if they separately do 2 London areas; it would be wise to just extend the London waterfront.

And that I have to ask, could they get rid of the bridge connecting the London Waterfront and Springfield? Just an odd question on my behalf, but I have to wonder why that's there.

Reactions: MattA
And that I have to ask, could they get rid of the bridge connecting the London Waterfront and Springfield? Just an odd question on my behalf, but I have to wonder why that's there.
The bridge was there before MiB and the walkway in front of MiB was there. The bridge was the only way to get from Jaws (and later Wild West Show too) to BttF side when the park first opened. Where MiB is now was just a small cabin facade for movie filming. Later the boat from Waterworld was added in the small part of the lagoon between bridge and land and a photo spot sign was on the bridge.

MiB opened and they kept the bridge.

The bridge was there before MiB and the walkway in front of MiB was there. The bridge was the only way to get from Jaws (and later Wild West Show too) to BttF side when the park first opened. Where MiB is now was just a small cabin facade for movie filming. Later the boat from Waterworld was added in the small part of the lagoon between bridge and land and a photo spot sign was on the bridge.

MiB opened and they kept the bridge.
I always enjoy the Universal Orlando historical trivia. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

I always enjoy the Universal Orlando historical trivia. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:
I wish I could find all my old photos from the early 1990s. So far I've located one from the New York streets. There are hundreds of photos somewhere at my parents house. One day I'll find them. One day.

EDIT: Here's the one photo I've found so far, taken around 1993.

Universal1993b.jpg
Things of note:
  • Jurassic Park strollers are awesome!
  • The straw roof gift shop on left is next to sick triceratops from Jurassic Park on display in The Boneyard
  • Ghostbusters soundstage still has old blue/mauve color palette
  • Monsters Cafe is still called Studio Stars and is a buffet!
  • No Monsters drink shop blocking view of New York facades
  • That guy is smoking on the path, because no designated smoking areas
  • Are those street lights still there at the end of the street? You can see red lights in front of facades. Pretty sure that's long gone now, right?

Last edited:
If FFL becomes MoM or any Potter expansion, MiB is going to be so out of place between London and Springfield. I think they should extend Springfield at that point. Maybe use that in order to take down the Simpson ride for a better/newer system, but keep Springfield.

Not necessarily linked to the FFL/MoM discussion but if, if, Uni took out MiB to 1) expand Springfield and 2) put in another shooter-type ride, I would hope it would be themed to the Genesis' Bart vs. The Space Mutants game.

Attachments

• simpsons-bart-vs-space-mutants.jpg
    simpsons-bart-vs-space-mutants.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 5
Personally, the only thing I could see them touch is Shaun of The Dead for HHN.

Meanwhile, the more I think about it; if they go with another IP like Bond or DrWho, they would have to make the area themed differently. The London Waterfront as it stands right now, is the Potterverse. So unless if they separately do 2 London areas; it would be wise to just extend the London waterfront.

The London Waterfront is London with Potter references. But most of what you see is authentic London. From the Edwardian lions, lamps, and benches to the Anteros fountain from Picadilly Circus, it's more London than Potter.

I think the building below would make a great facade for a London based shooter ride.
911a8050cdcab8994a4d.jpeg

The London Waterfront is London with Potter references. But most of what you see is authentic London. From the Edwardian lions, lamps, and benches to the Anteros fountain from Picadilly Circus, it's more London than Potter.

I think the building below would make a great facade for a London based shooter ride.

I've lost count of the number of times the MI6 building has been blown up in the movies :lol:.

But yeah great facade, in fact many iconic London buildings have featured in or inspired locations for the potter movies, I posted in another thread how I'm doing a London walking tour next month which takes in many of the locations used in the Potter Movies.

The Best Self-Guided Harry Potter Walking Tour In London!

Should be really interesting taking in the sights and looking at all the potential cannon that Uni could use in the future.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I don't find the MIB area being it's own thematic aesthetic to be egregious in the park in any way. So in theory the replacement could be whatever it wants as well.

The general rule of thumb is that you need a buffer for transitions. This comes in the form of common landscaped areas or water, particularly bridges. MIB has both so it can stand alone.

Now of both sides of it were the same concept I'd be concerned. Like Muppets having Star Tours and the new Star Wars land flanking it.

Reactions: clsteve

What!!! No Pub!!! Don't care for that building at all. ;):eek::lol:

I think the biggest thing you are missing with Bond shooter ride is with Bond you are shooting people. Not aliens etc. While just a game, it still could cross a PR line especially if an active shooter situation happened on Universal's campus.

This is a great point and on I'd never thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.