Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

We picked up one of these ahead of our upcoming trip:

Amazon product ASIN B005K6JQXQ
Has a cable tether so we can loop it around/lock it up to a lounger. Fits a couple of phones with enough extra space for a few other small items if need be.
I got one of those as well. Seems to work well. Security will want to look at it before entering the park. Apparently the locking mechanism sorta looks like a blade in the baggage scanner.

I was there a few weeks ago and the whole thing was closed down and dry as well. Had the bottom of the slides blocked off.

99% sure they’re doing something with the slides. Longer ending presumed.

Yeah, it’s been non-operational for at least a couple months now.

I’m going to say that’s a really good assumption. ;)

Any expansion I would love to see something that kids in the 40-42 inch range can ride with their families. Not that we've been yet, but looking at the ride list it seems very much "kids here, adults over there". I guess just a family raft ride with a bottom rather than a cloverleaf.

As pointed out in our What's Happening update, Punga Racers will be closed through May 31 for planned maintenance. Lengthy refurbishment with all things considered. I haven't heard anything but seems like a fix is finally on the way.
Are you referring to a fix for the low weight limit due to the injuries? I've still been putting off going here because it seemed like things may have been built too quickly.

That’s not an issue of it being built too quickly.
Maybe being built too quickly was the wrong choice of words. I know that there were unfinished things when they opened along with fluctuating weight capacities. Between those items, the whole shocking thing, and also an injury that I have personal knowledge of, I've been waiting it out. Plus my son can't swim good enough yet.

Maybe this summer will be the summer we give it a shot.

Being mostly out of doors, this might be the very first park to open in the months ahead...

I'm curious how this plays out -- not sure attendance would justify it. Anecdotally I've never gotten a sense 3-park APs were flying off the shelves. In fairness, water park option surprisingly rare around WDW APs as well.

On that subject, "Another Voice" --used to be THE expert on Disney back when the DisBoard was huge, still pops up on Twitter -- theorizes neither WDW water park re-opens this year, obstensibly for safety but in reality because to save costs. I don't know if VB and Aquatica follow that money-saving lead (latter is assuming SWO even opens again), or try to cash in on an untapped market.