Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

At capacity at 4:30? Is that a cost cutting measure?

I guess the much discussed cascade is a wall this ride has hit and there will never be more trains than 7-8 at one time. Somewhat disappointing in the big picture. I feel confident Universal isn’t thrilled about the limitation.

I see 20 minutes on the APP... i'm guessing the app is wrong lol.
Low crowds across all parks today due to hurricane fears, people who cancelled their vacation or can't fly in due to MCO being closed, etc. It's also supposed to rain a lot off and on today, so it's a great day to hit the parks as long as you're willing to deal with some potential wet weather. Hell, great WEEK.

Low crowds across all parks today due to hurricane fears, people who cancelled their vacation or can't fly in due to MCO being closed, etc. It's also supposed to rain a lot off and on today, so it's a great day to hit the parks as long as you're willing to deal with some potential wet weather. Hell, great WEEK.
Just like the good old days in the off season.

Long time lurker (4 years), finally made an account. I have a quick question about child swap. My sister, brother in law, and my nephew are going with my wife and I mid September. How should my sister and brother in law get to the child swap room if we rope drop and my wife and I are waiting in line? Should she go straight to the entrance and ask what she should do? Or should she wait in line with us the whole time? My nephew will be 6 mo when we go is why I ask. I am sure a nobody wants to hear a baby cry in a 120 min line. Thanks for any help. Glad I finally decided to join and stop lurking because I feel like I know many of you on here.

Long time lurker (4 years), finally made an account. I have a quick question about child swap. My sister, brother in law, and my nephew are going with my wife and I mid September. How should my sister and brother in law get to the child swap room if we rope drop and my wife and I are waiting in line? Should she go straight to the entrance and ask what she should do? Or should she wait in line with us the whole time? My nephew will be 6 mo when we go is why I ask. I am sure a nobody wants to hear a baby cry in a 120 min line. Thanks for any help. Glad I finally decided to join and stop lurking because I feel like I know many of you on here.
Welcome to the Forum. :thumbsup:

Go to the entrance and they'll tell you what to do.

There was next to nobody in the park based on the attendance projection, so today was a good day to push themselves to add more trains. The ride was gonna have a short wait anyway, so if things went wrong adding trains, that wouldn’t have added too much time to the wait.

There was next to nobody in the park based on the attendance projection, so today was a good day to push themselves to add more trains. The ride was gonna have a short wait anyway, so if things went wrong adding trains, that wouldn’t have added too much time to the wait.
What did they get up to? 9 ?

Rode three times today.

General Notes:
  • From my knowledge the posted wait time never went above 120 today, lowest I saw was 60.
  • Today was the first time I didn’t feel like I was fighting for the last pack of water at Publix getting to the lockers/entrance #livindafloridalife
  • AC Vent is back in the egg room
  • First video screen still damaged with blue lines
  • Group count is now being taken twice, once at the beginning, and once at the end of the boardwalk room
  • Skrewt scent was strong but the fog blast is still M.I.A. in the hut
  • Left Fluffy head was not working but the rest were
1st Ride:
  • Posted Wait time, 60
  • Actual Wait time, Roughly 30
  • No in line delay
  • No Pre-Show
  • I was in shock, the reported 9 trains kept the line moving at an unbelievably brisk pace for the attraction, belt seemed faster
  • As soon as I was on the ride the belt stopped for about a minute
  • No awkward delay between thestral scene and first launch
  • As soon as I got off the ride it went down for a 45 minute delay.
2nd Ride and 3rd Ride
  • Posted Wait time, 90 & 90
  • Actual Wait time, Roughly 50 & and roughly an hour
  • No in line delay
  • Pre-show was played
  • Line moved a lot slower, implying a lower belt speed or trains being taken of the track
  • Awkward delay between thestral scene and first launch
The park was nearly dead today. The weather was nice. Capacity was reached at roughly 6:45. ‘Twas a better day for Hagrid, let’s hope this is a sign of improved reliability for this awesome attraction.

Last edited:
Rope drop at IOA, ride was down for 1 hour 15mins so penned at Sinbad and constantly advised its down for an extended delay/no confirmed open.

Then, moved into queue with about 10mins wait before riding. Admittedly, my first ride, but pretty confident that it's the biggest grin I've ever had stuck on my face for a full duration of a ride. Awesome!