Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

If the person ignores the test seat and decides to wait 3 hours, I'm sorry but that's on them.
@WillQ92 isn’t the first to mention the test seat outside and inside not being exactly the same.

If that’s true, which multiple parties claim it is, wouldn’t you agree that would be an issue that needs addressed?

@WillQ92 isn’t the first to mention the test seat outside and inside not being exactly the same.

If that’s true, which multiple parties claim it is, wouldn’t you agree that would be an issue that needs addressed?

This is the first I've heard the threshold of acceptance for the electronic safety system is different between the seats out front and in the final room.

its the seats that are not the same the side car is a smaller seat then the bike.

The seats are different between the bike and the side car plus the side car is just lower meaning your knees are higher up, so taller guests might have problem riding in that seat.

This is the first I've heard the threshold of acceptance for the electronic safety system is different between the seats out front and in the final room.
I'm not implying the seats are different. I'm implying the tolerances are wrong, because I fit no-problem in either seat on the ride but do not fit according to the sidecar test seats- and for reference I'm 6'1" and around 230 pounds. I witnessed a man get turned away because his light wouldn't stay green without the restraint being held down. I can almost guarantee he'd have been fine for the motorbike if they would just let him on. Regardless, it's still not okay to turn people away at that point in the line. If it's such a simple process, and there is a test seat outside, why not pull people for tests then and there? It certainly would help alleviate any backups as well as prevent people from having their time wasted.

I'm not implying the seats are different. I'm implying the tolerances are wrong, because I fit no-problem in either seat on the ride but do not fit according to the sidecar test seats- and for reference I'm 6'1" and around 230 pounds. I witnessed a man get turned away because his light wouldn't stay green without the restraint being held down. I can almost guarantee he'd have been fine for the motorbike if they would just let him on. Regardless, it's still not okay to turn people away at that point in the line. If it's such a simple process, and there is a test seat outside, why not pull people for tests then and there? It certainly would help alleviate any backups as well as prevent people from having their time wasted.
They do pull people at the entrance. Just like at Forbidden Journey.

The one just before loading is an extra precaution due to the moving walkway. They don't want any delays at all once on the moving belt, as that can cause the entire ride to stop. Literally, the same exact process as Forbidden Journey, only difference is it's brighter at Hagrid.

2+ hour delay yesterday morning after opening on time and going down almost immediately.

Got in line at 3:50 with posted wait of 2.5 hours. Took about 1 hr 40 min to get to last room and then we had a 20 min delay.

Did not open on time today, consistent 3 hour posted today due to low number of trains according to the TM at the entrance.

Saturday wait time was 150 minutes, waited 90. Sunday wait time was like 180 or 210 minutes, waited 150 (the queue was wrapped around every single way imaginable.) Monday the wait time was 90 minutes, waited 45 minutes. I know after I got off Sunday I saw them running some empty cars on the track. An employee said it was just routine testing. Hated the long waits but it was so worth it.

We did Hagrids on Tuesday afternoon. We got in line a 1:40 PM and got on the ride at 2:20 PM. The line was moving soooo fast that we were only in the Hagrid's pre show room for 4 or 5 seconds while they were showing the film with all doors open. I can't recall ever being in a long queue with lots of people that moved so quickly. On Weds. we got in line at 1:00 and it took about 60 minutes, but 15 minutes was due to a breakdown delay. Once the delay was fixed, the line moved very quickly. Our first ride valleyed on the backwards track, but pretty quickly re launched back up the upward track, so the downtime was just a few seconds.....and...I walked past the ride on Thursday and they were still letting people get in line at 5:00 PM.

Last edited:
I can not fathom why they keep ushering people through the pre-show unless there are no people waiting between that and boarding. Has that truly been the case all these times?

We saw the full pre show on our second ride. The doors stayed closed until it was over. ...On line times....both our actual ride times were less than half the posted ride time for standby. ...The poor souls in single rider line, I didn't see them let a single person into the regular line during the entire time we were in the large merge room on either ride.

Was running well tonight - had no intention of riding but dropped to 90 while I was nearby. Ended up waiting 55 with consistent movement, but no preshow (unfortunate but I can't say I care for it that much).

65 degree night rides make up for having to spend summer days in the no A/C egg room.

In line with 150 posted for nite ride. Line moving steady from entrance. I'm thankful

Gridlocked in egg room

Out at 6:55 for about a 90 min wait

Magical

Still letting people enter at 7:00 with 120 posted . Park close is 8

And Mythos is seating people???

Last edited: