Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking Dead attraction at USF?

Do you want to see a Walking Dead walk through attraction in US

• Yes

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 54.5%

• Total voters
HHN houses are built as temporary structures...a lot of them barely last the entirety of the event let alone year round..

There's no direct quote, but I can confidently say it was nowhere near the level of Universal's usual budgets. We're talking relatively cheap.

The attraction took about seven to eight months to build once the actual structure was built. Of course, any used space would need a month to two months for demo, so it would take about a year to do. It's Universal's decision if they want to take more capacity away from the park when Kidzone is already on the chopping block and F&F has been delayed. I think that the attraction could more than work in a soundstage. It's practically a show building just waiting to be used, can be erected very quickly and HHN has obviously proved that you can put an adequate entry on the walking path.
I saw a walk through, and I was just confused.
It looks like something they just kinda slapped together.

TWD-at-USH-Photo-Credit-David-Sprague.jpg

Here is a good look at what the main entrance looks like in Hollywood.

i wonder if some of the reason for the permanent walking dead deal is a sort of advertisement for HHN. Show the people that normally wouldn't be there for HHN what they are missing and maybe entice them to come?

I think it's telling that on a forum full of, let's be honest, whackadoodle theme park fanatics ;), the vote is only 60-40 against. Maybe people aren't as sick of TWD as the loudest of us would make you think?

I think it's telling that on a forum full of, let's be honest, whackadoodle theme park fanatics ;), the vote is only 60-40 against. Maybe people aren't as sick of TWD as the loudest of us would make you think?
:thumbsup:

Voting is open ended, so if you haven't voted yet you can still do so.

I look at it the other way. If the hardcore doesn't even want it.......

i wonder if some of the reason for the permanent walking dead deal is a sort of advertisement for HHN. Show the people that normally wouldn't be there for HHN what they are missing and maybe entice them to come?

That's the way I see it.

"If you liked this attraction then you'll love HHN."

I'm on board with a TWD walk through attraction replacing T2 for multiple reasons.

1.Instead of getting rehashed crap at HHN, a more permanent attraction with AAs and a bigger budget? I'll take that.

2.Its something different. Universal doesn't have much to offer for walk through attractions. Not to mention all the constant complaining about over using 3-D, getting an attraction with practical effects in the place of an outdated 3-D show sounds great for USF.

3.That area of the park needs something to draw people, it will help thin out the crowds. T2 isn't as popular as it used to be and as already mentioned the newer 3-D attractions makes it look poor in comparison. TWD will draw people over to a corner of the park that doesn't have much to offer currently.

I would rather have this in Shrek's place than having it take over T2. I hate Shrek. Unfortunately though, I don't think Shrek's space is big enough for it? I don't know, but it would be cool to have this in the park but not at the expense of T2. The Schwarzeneggar look-nothing-alikes don't bother me because the lights are so dark, it's hard to notice. When they go into the screen, the illusion is still amazing to see. I'd hate for this attraction to go for a walkthrough attraction. That, and the cyberdyne actress usually is really great. The one i had made her performance seem like an SNL skit, and not in a bad way.

Does anyone know how much space the Hollywood version take up? Just wondering if there is an unused spot in the park this could go in without sacrificing another attraction or expansion space.