Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm...possible they are testing out the video effects for the Hogwarts Express on a different attraction? Dispicible Me? are there any rides down for refurb like Shrek or T2 where they could "borrow" their screen?

hmm...possible they are testing out the video effects for the Hogwarts Express on a different attraction? Dispicible Me? are there any rides down for refurb like Shrek or T2 where they could "borrow" their screen?

Your idea is correct... your specifics aren't.

I did just read in a history book somewhere that Amenhotep died in 722 BC. Isn't that facinating?

Ooops... I jus noticed that I posted this in the wrong thread... or... did I? Let me think about it a bit.

Last edited:

I did just read in a history book somewhere that Amenhotep died in 722 BC. Isn't that facinating?

Hi, Mummy. :)

Sounds a lot like how musion effects were tested with "Disaster" before Forbidden Journey.

Ooops... I jus noticed that I posted this in the wrong thread... or... did I? Let me think about it a bit.

I think you've got a wrong date there, Teebin.:sneaky:

I've got 2 ideas where you're going with this now.

So it's not a Mummy refurb per se, just a way for them to test out their new effects. Makes sense with how it has made the show scenes worse.

Mind ****ed

- - - Updated - - -

It was caused from the continuous display of a particular image on the screen for extended periods of time. This would cause a breakdown in the phosphors on the CRT and would result in the image being burned into the screen, hence the term burn-in.

How masochistic of me is it that I legitimately missed the Potter riddles? I mean, the nostalgia gave way to maddening confusion within seconds, but. Looking forward to that oh, that's what that meant moment.

There are only 3 screens used on Mummy, the treasure room, the scarab room, and the rotating room...I don't count the end screen for COFFEE!!

But I think the room that the testing would be in MOST likely is scarab room and rotating room. Think about it, the scarab room in Gringotts could be a dead end to a vault they took a wrong turn to and the screen lights up with magical effects etc....the rotating room could be a switch track within the bank that takes you to different vault levels.

Going to be paying a little closer attention in the rotating room next visit :thumbs:

The only thing I'm wondering about the Gringotts ride vehicles is what could set it apart from the Mummy so its a similar experience but completely different, and I realized that it might not be the exact same.

This is in my opinion how the ride vehicles will be built and operate, imagine a ride vehicle that is a mix of Mummy, Dinosaur/Indy, and Spiderman. A coaster with a hydralic lift system that could possibly rotate as well....

Is it possible?

The only thing I'm wondering about the Gringotts ride vehicles is what could set it apart from the Mummy so its a similar experience but completely different, and I realized that it might not be the exact same.

This is in my opinion how the ride vehicles will be built and operate, imagine a ride vehicle that is a mix of Mummy, Dinosaur/Indy, and Spiderman. A coaster with a hydralic lift system that could possibly rotate as well....

Is it possible?

I don't see why not.

How about a coaster vehicle that rolls into a pod, locks in place, and becomes a simulator. These pods are capable of a range of movements while being vertically lifted up and down from floor to floor. How about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.