Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 454 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Finally got to look at the update. Sooooo much progress and we're talking about accents. Crazy. But to touch on an older subject I dont think phase 2 will have the same magic as phase 1. At least as far as this forum and speculation. Oh those were the days....

Here you go guys!

_MG_9148_zps5aa75b6f.jpg

_MG_9153_zpsabc080e7.jpg

_MG_9154_zpse6b141fc.jpg

_MG_9155_zpsc6929129.jpg

_MG_9156_zpsfdbfe480.jpg

_MG_9157_zpsd0f5336e.jpg

_MG_9158_zps4f63155f.jpg

_MG_9159_zpsaef103e0.jpg

_MG_9160_zps22e99e5a.jpg

_MG_9163_zps514d2235.jpg

_MG_9165_zps750b82f8.jpg

_MG_9178_zps37145b02.jpg

_MG_9179_zps5e9b3019.jpg

Reactions: Eric and BJCool
So much to talk about!! Ehh what accent was that again? :lol:

Great Pics Brian!

Could those tall poured concrete walls be some type of fire wall between connected buildings? I see in the recent updates that they have connected it with girders to the steel structure adjacent to it and now they're adding more forms to pour the walls higher (PS- I guess we all know what those large yellow steel platforms were for now). Anyway, it was just a thought I had. Anyone with commercial construction knowledge on here think that might be a possibility (I only have residential construction experience personally).

Could those tall poured concrete walls be some type of fire wall between connected buildings? I see in the recent updates that they have connected it with girders to the steel structure adjacent to it and now they're adding more forms to pour the walls higher (PS- I guess we all know what those large yellow steel platforms were for now). Anyway, it was just a thought I had. Anyone with commercial construction knowledge on here think that might be a possibility (I only have residential construction experience personally).

I don't know much about construction but that seems like a logical conclusion, especially if that is the back end of the Leaky Cauldron where the kitchen might be located.

Construction seems to be coming along nicely. Seems its a good idea to wait another year before I go back(lol plus give plenty of time to save up)

Anyone else things its a kick in the gut though that they have Boucher shot of the jaws ride on the barrier.

Yeah... that is it... but I think she was correcting for television in that vid as I could understand her. It took me three queeries to figure out what "booteahrrreaaah" meant.

So, true brits on here... tell us what the accents were in the films; how you would classify them. Hagrid to Potter. Just the lead characters.

I'm english but not very good with accents.
McGonagall is Scottish.
Hagrid's accent i would say is Devon/Somerset/Brsitol. (yet Robbie Coltrane is actually Scottish i think)
Both Weasley Boys (George&Fred) have Birmingham accents.
Seamus is obviously Irish.
Gambon as Dumbledore has a slight hint of Irish in his accent
Luna is Irish
Harry just sounds normal to me,
I would say Hermione sounds like she's from Oxford (quite posh)
Ron also has a normal accent.

(in my opinion :) )

I'm english but not very good with accents.
McGonagall is Scottish.
Hagrid's accent i would say is Devon/Somerset/Brsitol. (yet Robbie Coltrane is actually Scottish i think)
Both Weasley Boys (George&Fred) have Birmingham accents.
Seamus is obviously Irish.
Gambon as Dumbledore has a slight hint of Irish in his accent
Luna is Irish
Harry just sounds normal to me,
I would say Hermione sounds like she's from Oxford (quite posh)
Ron also has a normal accent.

(in my opinion :) )

What is "normal"? Do you mean they sound like they are from Peterborough,UK? Or perhaps you mean they sound like most of your news anchors in Britain. Something we would call "Standard Brit".

Thanks for the list though... it is interesting. I must study up on what a Birmingham accent is. Not sure I know of it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE. Perhaps the platforms on the sheer wall are there only to set the rebar and walls for the upper second story?

Last edited:
What is "normal"? Do you mean they sound like they are from Peterborough,UK? Or perhaps you mean they sound like most of your news anchors in Britain. Something we would call "Standard Brit".

Thanks for the list though... it is interesting. I must study up on what a Birmingham accent is. Not sure I know of it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE. Perhaps the platforms on the sheer wall are there only to set the rebar and walls for the upper second story?

The Weasley Twins, that's all the studying you need.

I would say standard British, but Birmingham accent is very distinct.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say standard British, but Birmingham accent is very distinct.

[video=youtube;oBulzuvWiYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBulzuvWiYk&feature=youtu.be[/video]Weasleys have a slight Brummie accent

Last edited:
Hagrid is West Country. Like a farmer.
Harry is Southern/Standard British, as is Hermione, they're both very "home counties" accents
Snape leans more into received pronunciation as does Dumbledore.
Ron is slightly more London but not quite cockney.
McGonagall is Scottish.
Filch is Northern... Yorkshire
Stan Shunpike is Leeds.

The BIGGEST difference in British accents are basically the 4 countries within GB. (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and within England the "north/south" divide. Although there are differences in North/South Wales and Scotland too (I think the very Northern Scottish accent has a very nordic sound to it)
A Southerner will generally use a long A vowel in words such as bath, grass (so they become "barth" "grahss") where as a Northerner will us a hard a vowel and will say "grass" and "bath" - There are so many different accents in England, I find is so so fascinating! Even in my house, we all have slightly different accents!

I love accents, so interesting.

Reactions: Claymax
Status
Not open for further replies.