Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 568 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour? Everything I have heard says you'll be happy about this one.

Yea, everything I've heard says the same thing. I've learned to to expect everything I hear though:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So Knockturn alley is supposed to be pretty creepy???? I cant remember it from the movies. Help?

Knockturn is kind of like the black market of Diagon Alley/the wizarding world.

Reactions: USO92
I am curious if Borgin and Burkes will have the Vanishing Cabinent or the Hand of Glory as props. If so, maybe they would be related to what HTF says would cause reactions from guests.

Also - a while back, there was discussion of the queue for the Gringott's ride. In this discussion, there was mention of the area from the movies where the goblins do whatever they do. Is this what you were referring to, HTF?

We kind-of blew past the request for comments on how Kings Cross roof was covered in metal in the recent pic update.

I have a theory. Is it possible they are covering things with metal now to do an end run around any overhead photos with plans to swap it out closer to completion with glazing?

We kind-of blew past the request for comments on how Kings Cross roof was covered in metal in the recent pic update.

I have a theory. Is it possible they are covering things with metal now to do an end run around any overhead photos with plans to swap it out closer to completion with glazing?

That assumes they really care about overhead photos and that they are willing to delay their timeline to make such an accommodation.

So Knockturn alley is supposed to be pretty creepy???? I cant remember it from the movies. Help?

Think of the scene in the first (or second) movie where the chopped off hand grabs his from a mantle or shelf. After that, Hagrid calls to him in the street and tells him he shouldn't be there (knockturn alley).

No because half of the arches are covered by the building to the left of Kings Cross. We're clearly getting artificial light/weather inside.

This place sounds intense!

Hmmmm....a loooong time ago HTF posted a hint that said

"Attention Diagon Shoppers: Voldemort! That is all"

and then he posted a few pages back saying that there will be an effect that will make people's reaction youtube worthy.....I think we could possibly see Voldemort or some Dementors in Knockturn.

Really nice to see the park adding a landmark Universal property to the park, just like the Simpsons! right guys?

For those who are not very familiar with it, here's (most of) a scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, showing the Borgin and Burkes store within Knockturn Alley:

[video=youtube;njTjmmb5fmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTjmmb5fmo[/video]

Really nice to see the park adding a landmark Universal property to the park, just like the Simpsons! right guys?

So? It's an incredibly popular franchise and Universal is doing great things with it. I'm much happier with this decision than Battleship Island or Fast and Furious Road.

Still would love a Hill Valley, but it's time has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.