Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 579 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this has been brought up yet but forgive me if it has.

Has there been any revelations on what all the queue will have? I mean I know the main entrance of course:
Gringotts_bank.jpg

I imagine this is where we would enter. Cant imagine entering from anywhere else. But after this room where would we go? No other rooms have been seen in the films. I imagine the queue would be pretty large unless there is a huge outdoor queue similar to the greenhouse.

I remember someone mentioning Bill Weasleys office but that would be inside the ministry not Gringotts. I was never aware they were connected. Actually I know they're not. Im just interested to see how this turns out

How about those magic wands(or something like that) that TPI now says will be available. Universal Next Gen with a step ahead of Disney Next Gen. And the wands will be so advanced they'll not only work to activate scenes at HP, but they'll work at home also. More advanced than RFID chips. Tell me that this will not be a HUGE money maker for Universal... Universal rocks!!!

From the TPI Article

"We've got two rides coming: the Gringotts dark ride, which will blend Premier Rides roller coaster track with a 3D story-driven dark ride. Twin, 12-person, Victorian-inspired open-air cars, arranged in three rows of four, will take riders through the Gringotts vaults, where they will encounter dark wizards, including Voldemort. The ride vehicles will have a motion-base component, making this a blend of Revenge of the Mummy and Transformers in the ride's technology."

Was I joking? Who knows that's the fun part about he who shall not be named... Stash readers have a leg up on this.

"In addition to the two rides, I'm told that Universal is working on a live show, which will play in the open area under a glass canopy near the Gringotts ride's exit."

Perfect spot for some bankers to get involved with there investments.

"and what looks on the land's plans to be a Butterbeer stand over one the other side of the land, nearer the Gringotts exit."

More centralized but not limited to

"some skeletons that perform with a surprising effect that my sources refuse to tell me about in more detail. And goblins, too!"

Stash readers may remember a comment of being YouTube worthy...

From the TPI Article

"We've got two rides coming: the Gringotts dark ride, which will blend Premier Rides roller coaster track with a 3D story-driven dark ride. Twin, 12-person, Victorian-inspired open-air cars, arranged in three rows of four, will take riders through the Gringotts vaults, where they will encounter dark wizards, including Voldemort. The ride vehicles will have a motion-base component, making this a blend of Revenge of the Mummy and Transformers in the ride's technology."

Was I joking? Who knows that's the fun part about he who shall not be named... Stash readers have a leg up on this.

"In addition to the two rides, I'm told that Universal is working on a live show, which will play in the open area under a glass canopy near the Gringotts ride's exit."

Perfect spot for some bankers to get involved with there investments.

"and what looks on the land's plans to be a Butterbeer stand over one the other side of the land, nearer the Gringotts exit."

More centralized but not limited to

"some skeletons that perform with a surprising effect that my sources refuse to tell me about in more detail. And goblins, too!"

Stash readers may remember a comment of being YouTube worthy...

These riddles are killing me, especially since I've been computer-less for the past 4 days...Guess I have some reading and catching up to do....

This thought just came to me, and bare with me it's probably not going to be like this. But what if the 3d glasses that you're given when you ride Gringott's are built to look like Harry's glasses. The plot would be that, like the 7th movie, we have to take Polyjuice potion to become Harry to trick Voldemort, thus the glasses would make sense.

This thought just came to me, and bare with me it's probably not going to be like this. But what if the 3d glasses that you're given when you ride Gringott's are built to look like Harry's glasses. The plot would be that, like the 7th movie, we have to take Polyjuice potion to become Harry to trick Voldemort, thus the glasses would make sense.

I actually really like this theory. It explains Voldemort's potential appearance in Gringotts.

Unless of course HTF is suggesting that the TPI Voldemort source is UO. In that case...

For the Goblin show, this was actually something I was thinking could be part of the queue earlier on but never mentioned, and based on this description could theoretically be visible from the outdoor section.
What about a Goblin stock exchange or auction? We get a bunch of scrawny characters yelling at the top of their lungs, selling ridiculous items like fire-pooping fire-crabs, giant man-eating tree monsters and magical swords that may or may not destroy Horcruxes.
This could add to the interactive element as well!

I, like everyone else, am super psyched to finally see some concept art work (as well as an 'official' announcement and opening date). However, on a side note, maybe it's just me but what's up with Gringotts in the concept artwork? I mean I know its just concept art but why is the front of the Gringotts building so out of scale in comparison to the rest of the painting when the rest of it is depicted in a more realistic scaling otherwise. Plus, where is the rest of the bank? For people who are not in the know about the Harry Potter universe it just looks like a giant tower in the center of the new land. I can see the clueless public's thinking now... "Why is the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the middle of a London street with a fire breathing dragon on top of it?"

Lastly, I sure hope the Knight Bus is really going to be there and not just depicted in this artwork for background purposes. I know it was mentioned in that one article also but does anybody know if that is a trustworthy source? Can you please confirm (or deny) anything on this topic, hatetofly, if you know (or can) that is? I did ask nicely after all... :smiley:

Last edited:
I, like everyone else, am super psyched to finally see some concept art work (as well as an 'official' announcement and opening date). However, on a side note, maybe it's just me but what's up with Gringotts in the concept artwork? I mean I know its just concept art but why is the front of the Gringotts building so out of scale in comparison to the rest of the painting when the rest of it is depicted in a more realistic scaling otherwise. Plus, where is the rest of the bank? For people who are not in the know about the Harry Potter universe it just looks like a giant tower in the center of the new land. I can see the clueless public's thinking now... "Why is the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the middle of a London street with a fire breathing dragon on top of it?"

Lastly, I sure hope the Knight Bus is really going to be there and not just depicted in this artwork for background purposes. I know it was mentioned in that one article also but does anybody know if that is a trustworthy source? Can you please confirm (or deny) anything on this topic, hatetofly, if you know (or can) that is? I did ask nicely after all... :smiley:

Sources confirm the knight bus, and I think if you want to mark of Diagons entrance then a static vehicle is not a hard thing to add in.

Furthermore, the size and shape of each structure may seem accurate but a majority of it is wrong. The left group of Diagon buildings is way too thin, for example.

I beleive, looking at the Gringott's tower, for the purpose of highlighting the Dragon, the artist probably chose to make the building larger as well as paint over the rest of the structure. You can see the area behind it looks especially smudged.

Also, it looks nothing like the Tower of Pisa, and I'm sure if they are that bothered by it the public will look up the facts or they just don't care.

The reason for the scaling is due to the artist trying to focus attention on the object. By making it bigger it stands out more, allowing the viewer to more easily spot it (similar to park maps where they but an enlarged scale replica of the ride, to get focus on it from the surrounding area), so the rest of Gringotts is not important as they want you to focus on the front, as its the most recognizable part of the building. Almost everything in the concept art is out of scale (to show importance) and or done only for artistic reasons (to make it look more interesting).

It's concept art, Gringotts is the central focus of the expansion so therefore it is largest in the artwork.

Anyways... if Voldemort is now "confirmed" a character in this new attraction how come we didn't hear about the actor being amungst the others when fliming scenes for the new Wizarding World expansion, months ago? He better not be some crappy CGI version...

It's concept art, Gringotts is the central focus of the expansion so therefore it is largest in the artwork.

Anyways... if Voldemort is now "confirmed" a character in this new attraction how come we didn't hear about the actor being amungst the others when fliming scenes for the new Wizarding World expansion, months ago? He better not be some crappy CGI version...

i would say Warner Brothers and Universal try their best to keep him a secret....as good as HTF is he probably is not privy to all info just most lol

I'm willing to be we won't hear a solid date until well into next year. But with them now saying Summer, I'd guess sometime in June.

The Theme Park Insider story from yesterday said more specifically July, but I don't think they are at a good enough place yet to know exactly when they will be done, of course they are going to have goals to shoot for tho.

I'm willing to be we won't hear a solid date until well into next year. But with them now saying Summer, I'd guess sometime in June.
If it does open in June, i'd look at the 18th or sometime around then, as that will be the 4 year anniversary of the opening of WWoHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.