Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 637 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do recall when WWOHP was first opening that Universal said something about not being able to decorate it for Christmas for so many years because of contractual type thingys with JKR so maybe now thats all moved along or something? or am I imagining that I remember that?

I do recall when WWOHP was first opening that Universal said something about not being able to decorate it for Christmas for so many years because of contractual type thingys with JKR so maybe now thats all moved along or something? or am I imagining that I remember that?

Correct, suppossedly the first year it was open they created a giant wizarding crookedish looking xmas tree they wanted to put up, but were either not allowed, or didn't have enough time to, but then last year it wasn't up either.

I recall Hermione getting tipsy on Butterbeer....?
I believe that was just in the movie. It was in Half-Blood Prince. While the trio were on their way back to Hogwarts from Hogsmeade, Harry and Ron were holding up a clumsily-walking Hermione, just before the whole thing with Katie Bell happened.

EDIT: Could have happened in the book also, I just remember seeing that part and being surprised that Butterbeer was alcoholic.

Correct, suppossedly the first year it was open they created a giant wizarding crookedish looking xmas tree they wanted to put up, but were either not allowed, or didn't have enough time to, but then last year it wasn't up either.

Ehhh false :lol:

Another thing they were originally going to have in the Wizarding World of HP is Coke. J.K. Rowling didn't like the packaging so Coke was axed. Don't know if that has already been said.

As far I know from the very beginning she didn't want ANY outside drinks served in the area at all. So coke and other products NOT WW based were never on the table. The only thing they were able to get was beer in the HH.

They do decorate for Christmas, but its very minimal--all I remember is weird-looking garland hanging along the shops.

Definitely tons of work going on today. Most of the front facades are ready to have the actual theming put on. Snapped a pic of kings cross but it's on my Twitter as well as OU' s. @mattyice 1213

I believe that was just in the movie. It was in Half-Blood Prince. While the trio were on their way back to Hogwarts from Hogsmeade, Harry and Ron were holding up a clumsily-walking Hermione, just before the whole thing with Katie Bell happened.

EDIT: Could have happened in the book also, I just remember seeing that part and being surprised that Butterbeer was alcoholic.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Butterbeer#cite_ref-hbp_4-1

Apparently the books indicate that it may have a *small* amount of alcohol, it only seems to have a minor impact on humans.

Here's USO92's pic:

BQMxWn_CcAAlQHW.jpg:large

I love seeing more and more sheetrock on this thing! :cheers:

^^Ahhh yes! thank you for linking that. I was on my kindle and didnt know how! But it appears as though all the facades either have yellow or black sheetrock on them. Also the buildings behind Grimmauld are almost closed up as well! Some of the interior buildings to Diagon have sheetrock too!

Reactions: Felipe
The yellow is DENSGLASS GOLD and the black is a weather barrier they put on afterwards. The weather barrier is ultra thin plastic-like stuff that works much like Gore-Tex does in clothing. Gypsum sheet-rock wouldn't last 5 minutes as an exterior finish. :wave:

Reactions: USO92
^^I noticed the black had a more flimsy appearance to it than the densglass but I'm no construction guy haha. Teebin you are a man of valuable information!

Status
Not open for further replies.