Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

50th anniversary is coming and it is going to be significant, but I'd expect almost everything to be at MK and Epcot, not DHS or DAK. After SW, DHS isn't going to get any significant attention for at least a few years.
You may be surprised if you aren't expecting anything quickly after 2019 at DHS.

DAK may go back to stagnation for a little while, but there are some proposals on the table that if they get through, would have DAK seeing big work around that time period.

You may be surprised if you aren't expecting anything quickly after 2019 at DHS.

DAK may go back to stagnation for a little while, but there are some proposals on the table that if they get through, would have DAK seeing big work around that time period.
Call me surprised if that does happen. I'd expect DAK and DHS to both get a new show, but with all that's coming to Epcot and MK I didn't expect anything significant at DAK or DHS.

Call me surprised if that does happen. I'd expect DAK and DHS to both get a new show, but with all that's coming to Epcot and MK I didn't expect anything significant at DAK or DHS.
You are right though, MK and Epcot will be seeing the vast majority of the love.

If all is approved, Epcot could see more work and actual expansion within the next 4-5 years than it has throughout the course of the park's entire existence combined.

We're talking new entryway (bye bye grave stones), renewed innoventions plaza (tarps gone), new usage for all of Innoventions/Communicore, Energy gutted and WoL possibly torn down (for GotG), Modernization of Living with the Land, New attraction in France, and possibly a new pavilion (with ride).

You are right though, MK and Epcot will be seeing the vast majority of the love.

If all is approved, Epcot could see more work and actual expansion within the next 4-5 years than it has throughout the course of the park's entire existence combined.

We're talking new entryway (bye bye grave stones), renewed innoventions plaza (tarps gone), new usage for all of Innoventions/Communicore, Energy gutted and WoL possibly torn down (for GotG), Modernization of Living with the Land, New attraction in France, and possibly a new pavilion (with ride).
SSE, Mission Space, and the Seas are getting refurbs too. Martin also didn't shut down a Coco ride for Mexico, but it's not greenlit.

Totally agree with this but feel like this idea is proposed every time a new Indy film comes along, which means it makes too much sense for Disney to do.

In fact I seem to remember an old OU radio episode from a couple of years back when Jock Lindsays hangar bar was announced (how is that by the way?) where they mentioned Indy is the perfect IP for a land.

I guess the difference in more recent years is that Disney now owns the Indy franchise, so they have a lot more control over the attempt to reboot the franchise. I doubt anything would come soon, but I sort of feel like Disney might night care as much about a Star Tours as they do about the Disney versions for the series....some time down the road, it might make sense to create an Indy inspired land.

This appears to be the first vertical construction within the land.

This will be the main entry/exit point and will be very much like the Diagon entry where you'll have to turn a corner to enter, thus not being able to see in from afar:

:drool: 2020 can't come soon enough

giphy.gif

haha they literally could not be anything else.....except maybe an amazing temporary trolling by the Imagineers!

What a tight space for those to be sitting though? It also looks like they will be pretty damn static. Pretty heavy beaming.

EDIT...It would be a sweet queue though to walk through a battle hanger of Imperial vehicles.

:drool: 2020 can't come soon enough

Wow, they're a lot farther along at Disneyland than we are here. Are we sure these are gonna open at the same time? Maybe the reason they only announced the year is because the months will vary depending on the coast.

Wow, they're a lot farther along at Disneyland than we are here. Are we sure these are gonna open at the same time? Maybe the reason they only announced the year is because the months will vary depending on the coast.

The second one should go faster than the first. They'll learn things that can speed up things later. Ride testing is one of those. They can work out all the kinks out there, so that when Fl is ready to start testing, they'll know exactly what needs to be done.

Now is that six months of making things faster? I doubt that. It'll probably mean they'l have to put more crews on in FL to catch up.

I doubt they'll open together. DHS is just too far behind Anaheim. Maybe the same year, but 11 months apart. :)