Disney+ | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm only familiar with the movie, so I take it Disney changed a bunch of stuff? Because the movie's world is demonstrably not the "real" world, or even anything approaching the in-universe reality of the MCU.

I believe the situation why Big Hero 6 (the movie) was as different as it was for the comics--was actually because of Fox during that time owning the property, and elements of Big Hero 6.

Now that 21CP is in Disney's hands, the situation changes.

It's so weird going onto Disney+ and seeing these as a whole pocket of options within the site (although I find it funny how they are protecting the image of The Simpsons as when you click on "suggested" under Simpsons, only Disney xD shows like Big City Greens and Gravity Falls show up).

I'm only familiar with the movie, so I take it Disney changed a bunch of stuff? Because the movie's world is demonstrably not the "real" world, or even anything approaching the in-universe reality of the MCU.
Well, it was a WDAS project, so they had to make it appeal more to kids. The movie is in no way tied to the MCU. They told the cute/sentimental side of the story that just focused on the brother dying. In the comics, it's Hiro's father that dies, which ultimately leads to Baymax going from what you sort of see in the movie to what you see below. He's a science experiment that got out of hand.
BigHero61.jpg

Reactions: belloq87
I'll believe it when I see it.

It wasn't so long ago that they announced an MCU-style Magic Kingdom series of interconnected adventures that... never happened.
This is the evolution of that. Expect more parks inspired content to come. If you remember the original Walt “synergy” diagram, imagine something even more close knit.
Could Armor Wars be a place you guys think we see these characters?

If this is anything other than a 2 sec cameo in Multiverse of Madness...

Reactions: SeventyOne
There is a lot of stuff in the Star+ section, although I doubt I'll watch much of it. Seems to be some upgraded parental controls too which is helpful.
I’m using it through a VPN simply for the convenience of not having to switch between D+, Hulu and ESPN+ (there’s a lot of 30 for 30 docs on there - I actually just watched “Jordan Rides The Bus”) and it’s seamless for me as I’m able to get Star through the Disney+ app on my Fire Stick.

My only issue is that I’m sometimes able to see R-Rated content and then sometimes it tops me out at TV-14 without me having an option to select higher. Of course I think that’s more of a VPN thing and it’s just confused.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know Big Hero six got a show...but sucks we didn't get sequel films and now they are just being through into the MCU.

Like I want them in the MCU but would be nice to first let the versions of the characters that got big to have more films which have been rumored for a while.

Out of the TCA (Television conferences), Disney announced quite a bit today. Their updated release schedule looks as is below with what looks to be two scripted shows almost always crossing eachother at one point or another.

Live-Action:
  • Falcon & the Winter Soldier (3/19)
  • The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers (3/26)
  • Big Shot (4/16)
  • High School Musical: The Series (5/14 - Season 2)
  • Loki (6/11)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society (6/25)
  • Turner & Hooch (7/16)
Animation:
  • The Bad Batch (5/4)
  • Monsters at Work (7/2)
  • Chip 'n Dale: Park Life (7/23)

One of Disney+'s first original movies, Stargirl, is getting a sequel. I thought this film was pretty enjoyable, especially for a YA Adaptation which Disney often struggles with. It had a lot of charm to it so I like that they're giving it a sequel.

While Netflix has "more" I love the MCU and Star Wars...they give me something from that about once a month and I will always have them

I've been steadily using Disney+ with Star since that debuted (I literally never use the US only version now) and i've had a crap top of fun plowing through Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000's library in particular, while also getting into the X-Men films (I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I had not seen a single one of them until I saw the original X-Men last night). I've also never watched the Alien franchise and only seen one of the Planet of the Apes films. These are all franchises I actually know quite a bit about through various mediums, i've just never watched the movies :shrug:

I know some of this content is on Hulu or whatever, but it's much easier to sort through on Disney+ Star and it's right there for me whereas on Hulu I feel like there's a lot of content, but it's all hidden and you have to search for it. Hulu's UI is extremely unfriendly to the user imo.

I know some of this content is on Hulu or whatever, but it's much easier to sort through on Disney+ Star and it's right there for me whereas on Hulu I feel like there's a lot of content, but it's all hidden and you have to search for it. Hulu's UI is extremely unfriendly to the user imo.
Not to go off-topic but Hulu's UI is downright awful. I have Attack on Titan on my watch list and every time I sign in and click on my list you can't go to show details; it only lets you watch an older episode so to find the new episode you have to search AoT and then click more details. A very minuscule problem in the grand scheme of things, but the moral of the story is that UI can help make or break these streaming services (FWIW HBO Max is in my personal opinion the best one)

Not to go off-topic but Hulu's UI is downright awful. I have Attack on Titan on my watch list and every time I sign in and click on my list you can't go to show details; it only lets you watch an older episode so to find the new episode you have to search AoT and then click more details. A very minuscule problem in the grand scheme of things, but the moral of the story is that UI can help make or break these streaming services (FWIW HBO Max is in my personal opinion the best one)
I don't mind HBOMax. I like it good enough, but Netflix easily has the best and most lively UI imo (I like the auto play when you scroll over a show as it gives me a bit of a preview of what the show is and also makes the app feel less "dead").

And even though I don't use it much, I have to say that Peacock's UI has some good components to it like the "Channels" tab. I could definitely see Netflix adapting that. It makes it easy to just put a comedy channel, sports talk channel, sitcom channel, drama, etc on and then whatever falls in that category will start playing. Netflix has so much original content that that would work extremely well for them.

Netflix announced they are going to use password verification popups to clamp down on people sharing accounts. I wonder if Disney, and the other new streamer services, will follow in step to stop
any theft of services.