Disney+ | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This feels, like a really good move. With Chadwick gone, I would actually not mind if they divested resources and materials that would've been in place for BlacK Panther II, to a show that goes deep into Wakanda in the search of a new king; determining how they grace T'challa's exit out of the picture.

Gives them extra time as-well to delay BP2, to when they feel like they're ready to go forward with it.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

This is a ton of content to be dropping.

I feel like Disney has been coordinating all their releases to keep people subscribed but this is going to give some longevity to the platform with plenty of binge worthy shows.

Reactions: Nick
Gotcha

I guess they don't care about people pirating things
They can't implement a service like this in the US until 2024. Literally can't. Many of those movies/shows (Grey's Anatomy is on Netflix, Disney would kill to have it with how popular it is) are tied up in Hulu or other streaming properties under contracts so they need to wait for a lot of that to expire.

The bigger issue though is they have to wait until 2024 before they can get Comcast out of Hulu and until Comcast is gone, there are major restrictions on what they can do in some instances. For example, notice Modern Family just showed up Peacock and Hulu. It's an ABC Signature production, so Disney owns the show, but Universal had the television syndication rights, so Disney and Comcast came to an agreement to bring it to streaming on both services. Disney+ was not on the table as an option (from what I read) in that agreement since Comcast had the leverage.

Reactions: SeventyOne
They can't implement a service like this in the US until 2024. Literally can't. Many of those movies/shows (Grey's Anatomy is on Netflix, Disney would kill to have it with how popular it is) are tied up in Hulu or other streaming properties under contracts so they need to wait for a lot of that to expire.

The bigger issue though is they have to wait until 2024 before they can get Comcast out of Hulu and until Comcast is gone, there are major restrictions on what they can do in some instances. For example, notice Modern Family just showed up Peacock and Hulu. It's an ABC Signature production, so Disney owns the show, but Universal had the television syndication rights, so Disney and Comcast came to an agreement to bring it to streaming on both services. Disney+ was not on the table as an option (from what I read) in that agreement since Comcast had the leverage.
But in the UK its fine..i get a VPN and its cool

I think laws need to be changed because its loony where you live affects this.

But in the UK its fine..i get a VPN and its cool

I think laws need to be changed because its loony where you live affects this.
Laws need to be changed? They signed contracts in the US that restricts them from doing this right now. They also have a lot of shows tied up in other streaming services as I said. In other countries like the UK, Canada and the other countries getting Star, they never signed as much of their content away and they have most of it in house right now, which is not the case here in the US. The reason it's taken HBO Max awhile to go international is because they signed so much of their content away for the coming years over seas.

If you sign a contract to license your content to Netflix or the contract they signed to buy Hulu from Comcast, you have to follow those contracts. Get the Disney bundle and you still honestly get most of this, just split between Hulu and Disney+.

Disney+ in the UK, and in foreign regions is getting the option of adding Star, which would allow that content.

I had assumed that this was only heading to the US which is why I looked it up. Usually, the UK is last to get a lot of content.

I'm finding it odd that Family Guy is heading to Disney+.

Laws need to be changed? They signed contracts in the US that restricts them from doing this right now. They also have a lot of shows tied up in other streaming services as I said. In other countries like the UK, Canada and the other countries getting Star, they never signed as much of their content away and they have most of it in house right now, which is not the case here in the US. The reason it's taken HBO Max awhile to go international is because they signed so much of their content away for the coming years over seas.

If you sign a contract to license your content to Netflix or the contract they signed to buy Hulu from Comcast, you have to follow those contracts. Get the Disney bundle and you still honestly get most of this, just split between Hulu and Disney+.
I understand...i also understand this is part of why pirating is sooo big.

Don't have it on all your countries, they will be watched somehow. In the future people need to stop making deals that tie up there IPs...like why in gods name would WB give up Potter? HBO has been a thing for over ten years as an app.

I understand...i also understand this is part of why pirating is sooo big.

Don't have it on all your countries, they will be watched somehow. In the future people need to stop making deals that tie up there IPs...like why in gods name would WB give up Potter? HBO has been a thing for over ten years as an app.
Many, many deals were made before everyone created their own streaming service. Disney had the Potter rights a few years ago before Universal got them.

Has the stuff towards the end been confirmed? I'd expect Boba Fett will take over during December.
I don't think What If even has a date yet

Also Bad Batch for sure will be out before Hawkeye and doubt they will run two shows at once...at least this year and next year,

Reactions: WAJAS
I think they're absolutely going to start overlapping shows, certainly by the end of this year and heading into next year. Too many MCU and/or SW shows coming for all of them to have their own 6 - 8 week slots.

I think they're absolutely going to start overlapping shows, certainly by the end of this year and heading into next year. Too many MCU and/or SW shows coming for all of them to have their own 6 - 8 week slots.
I don't agree. This like Theme Park news. A lot of things can be announced, but they aren't going to layer them ontop of each other (generally).