Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

Something like that or What If after Bad Batch and the July Marvel movie...either way 2021 even from just the first 6 months has more then enough content to make I think most fans happy.
What if isn't a premium show however though, which is why I think Bad Batch will air at the same time as it. Like I said, there will basically be Marvel shows every week of the year (almost), so there will be a lot of overlapping content going forward.

...but Amazon got crap for doing it with the Boys
Amazon got a bit of backlash at first, but only because the first season of The Boys was a binge show so people expected it to be a binge show again and they had to wait. By the end of season one of The Boys, I heard most people saying they preferred the weekly release model over the binge model.

Amazon is doing weekly release with The Expanse now, too.

In kind of a massive piece of news, The Muppets Show is finally heading to Disney+, with all five seasons to be fully viewable for the first time in decades.

Was just about to post this. I’m gonna watch the hell out of this, especially since I’ve never really had a chance to watch the original show before.

I saw many saying this is a big win because the last two seasons of the show were hard to find.

I'll watch some of these for fun.....but would like a new Muppets show and they need Jason Segel to help them

If you liked the last two muppet shows fine...but they didnt do well enough and the Reboot Movie from almost ten years ago won awards and is VERY liked and did well.
Jason Segel was HUGE part of that and he didn't do the sequel not wanting to over shadow the muppets..but he is needed to get them back again.

I saw many saying this is a big win because the last two seasons of the show were hard to find.

I'll watch some of these for fun.....but would like a new Muppets show and they need Jason Segel to help them

If you liked the last two muppet shows fine...but they didnt do well enough and the Reboot Movie from almost ten years ago won awards and is VERY liked and did well.
Jason Segel was HUGE part of that and he didn't do the sequel not wanting to over shadow the muppets..but he is needed to get them back again.
I REALLY hope that The Muppet Show performs well on Disney+ so they realize that people like this type of stuff from The Muppets. I agree with Jason Segel needing to be involved with how the 2011 movie did, and like I said, it's not like he's got anything going on right now either.

I'd love a proper reboot of The Muppet Show. Not something like Muppets Now, we need a *proper* reboot.

I REALLY hope that The Muppet Show performs well on Disney+ so they realize that people like this type of stuff from The Muppets. I agree with Jason Segel needing to be involved with how the 2011 movie did, and like I said, it's not like he's got anything going on right now either.

I'd love a proper reboot of The Muppet Show. Not something like Muppets Now, we need a *proper* reboot.
Also less is more....they should do ten 20-20 min episodes.

Once a week like Mando/Wanda. We also need Celeb guests to be interesting again...many times they just laugh at the muppets and just do generic bad jokes with them. I know its also a stretch but also bringing in some celebs as characters from films could be funny...like Mark Hamill as serious old luke...or RDJ as Tony Stark...etc. Not every episode needs this but Muppets poking fun at some Disney characters could be fun.

Also less is more....they should do ten 20-20 min episodes.

Once a week like Mando/Wanda. We also need Celeb guests to be interesting again...many times they just laugh at the muppets and just do generic bad jokes with them. I know its also a stretch but also bringing in some celebs as characters from films could be funny...like Mark Hamill as serious old luke...or RDJ as Tony Stark...etc. Not every episode needs this but Muppets poking fun at some Disney characters could be fun.
Yeah, Muppets Now was way too scripted. I'd love for it to be more unscripted. The Muppets ask questions or whatever, but the celebs kinda aren't being as on-script. Also, i'd like to see more compelling and varied skits. Muppets Now didn't experiment much at all when it came to skits, it was mostly the same 3 thing every episode.

Very glad to see Muppet Show finally on Disney+. From my understanding it was kind of a legal nightmare, so I hope it does well!

Hoping to see Wander Over Yonder pop on Disney+ eventually. Really nice animated show that wasn't given the time of day. We've gotten a ton of the major modern Disney animated shows, but Wander is still missing. Even in death, the show gets the short end of the stick. :/

MORE Coco....I really didn't think we would see more from some of these films (Soul as well) but a nice surprise.

Also The incredibles should get a TV show....like Mando only ten episodes and I think a Toy Story Spin off show could be fun but that would be more fun and could do as many episodes as they'd like

YOSHIKI: My Music Story will make it's US debut on Disney+ on February 5th.

It is a music film the has segments talking, but also piano versions of Disney songs. The film will be untranslated. Frankly, I think Disney+ needs much more content from other countries on the service, that are predominantly in other languages and such. Netflix has an abundance of it and with Disney being launched in a pretty large fashion at this point, i'd hope we see more of this coming to the US going forward.

So Pan/Dumbo and some other films got taken off due to some scenes with stereotyped characters

I hope they come back with a warning and not just gone forever. Disney really needs to stop hiding from there past....its ok to admit people who are dead made mistakes and you have learned from them

So Pan/Dumbo and some other films got taken off due to some scenes with stereotyped characters

I hope they come back with a warning and not just gone forever. Disney really needs to stop hiding from there past....its ok to admit people who are dead made mistakes and you have learned from them
Dumbo already had a warning that played before the film. They added warnings to a few films about 3-4 months ago, maybe a bit longer.

They aren't gone - they just can't be watched on children-only accounts. You have to watch them on family or parent accounts, and they have the warning at the front.
I fell for click bait...most youtubers are not reporting it like this...they are making a much bigger deal off this.

I have no issues with this move then