Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Price Increases (General)

Life goes on. When it comes down to it there will always be people traveling and going to the parks unless they are asked to close. I just keep thinking back to 9/11 and while some people stayed away, there were still people going to the parks.

Myself included.. 4-day Disney park hopper for $99? I was in my teens and could afford it.

Preferred Parking is now $50, matching Disney. Surprisingly Disney is still at $25 for General Parking despite Universal and SeaWorld both charging $26:

Apologies if this is not the best thread for this question -

I will be going to universal for 8 days in October. My reading of the ticket options is that the annual pass is my best best, and the most cost effective.

But am I reading correctly that if I want express I would have to buy them for each day? There’s no larger package that just includes express? I was hoping, for example, something like the 5 day park-to-park package, but with express. I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything in the options.
Thanks for any advice

I will be going to universal for 8 days in October. My reading of the ticket options is that the annual pass is my best best, and the most cost effective.

But am I reading correctly that if I want express I would have to buy them for each day? There’s no larger package that just includes express? I was hoping, for example, something like the 5 day park-to-park package, but with express. I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything in the options.
Thanks for any advice
There's no package like that BUT partly there if you buy the highest level AP. It has Express Pass privileges after 4:00 PM....plus parking and food discounts....In the long run that might be an option to look at.

Thanks for any advice

Yeah you would, I’ve never seen Express offered in a multi day format but I could be missing something. If you want to do express check out the hotels that offer it with a UOAP discount.

I would definitely still check prices against Royal Pacific, Portofino and Hard Rock. Depending on how many people are going, you may get a much better value from the room covering express for all parties, including your check in and check out days.

Though I take it AP holders would need to pay for parking if staying at onsite hotel?

Haven't parked in years and if you want to save on uber and get one probably faster just walk to take the boat to one of the resorts. That is what I always do at disney. The hotels to the east of universal are a walk but usually shorter than waiting for rideshare and prob good to burn calories anyways.

We're at $60 for Prime Parking now.

Hopefully now they’ll stop “selling out“ of it.

The quotation marks because since the start of HHN they’ve tried to deny me prime parking with my premier pass about half the time - sometimes they’ll let me drive up to “see if there‘s room” and other times it’s a hard…get in line with everyone else. The third floor has been no more than half full any time it’s been “sold out.”

There’s actually unavailable and there’s “we’re just choosing to deny you your benefits” - really scummy business practice tbh.

Hopefully now they’ll stop “selling out“ of it.

The quotation marks because since the start of HHN they’ve tried to deny me prime parking with my premier pass about half the time - sometimes they’ll let me drive up to “see if there‘s room” and other times it’s a hard…get in line with everyone else. The third floor has been no more than half full any time it’s been “sold out.”

There’s actually unavailable and there’s “we’re just choosing to deny you your benefits” - really scummy business practice tbh.
Yeah this is unbelievably sketchy and makes me not want to upgrade.

Haven't parked in years and if you want to save on uber and get one probably faster just walk to take the boat to one of the resorts. That is what I always do at disney. The hotels to the east of universal are a walk but usually shorter than waiting for rideshare and prob good to burn calories anyways.
"If you pay taxes you can park wherever you want" - Abraham Lincoln (on his plans for re-election)