Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about NY, but Terra Queen absolutely was in the right area.

They could've had a throne (mini-)show in that spot is all.

But yeah, if the Parade is being withheld for a couple months, that's a huge win for the event.

(I have never understood the love for parades in general, mind you.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko and Ahmanet
Blake departing basically guaranteed that. The parade potentially being gone amps the potential drastically.

Ok good I don't have to dance around Blake leaving (it was amicable).

The parade being gone is probably the most excited I've been about streets in, forever? Three streets are directly affected by the change plus Central Park's south entrance is affected. Even if things don't change too much, just imagine what they'll be able to accomplish by keeping things out all day and not having to move in and out objects.

Ok good I don't have to dance around Blake leaving (it was amicable).

The parade being gone is probably the most excited I've been about streets in, forever? Three streets are directly affected by the change plus Central Park's south entrance is affected. Even if things don't change too much, just imagine what they'll be able to accomplish by keeping things out all day and not having to move in and out objects.

It's on his Twitter bio so I'd say it's public. :lol:

Would the Production Central construction have any effect on that scare zone area? I haven’t been to the park in a while so I do not know how might the construction walls effect anything.

The high traffic areas would be better served with just special effects / lighting and no scare actors.

Focus on 2-3 zones being worth the price of admission on their own.

I don't think that would be a good idea. If there are only a couple populated zones that's where a ton of people will hang out. Instead of wanting to spend time in all 5 zones checking out the scareactors and their interactions with attendees, everybody would just flock to those two or 3 zones creating bottlenecks.

Case in point, after rain and stuff when there are no scareactors on the street, everybody just walks right through the zone as it is. Zones devoid of scareactors will not absorb people other than the time it takes you to snap a quick selfie in front of a prop.

Then, in the couple populated zones the lines for selfies with scareactors will just be 20-40% longer than they are now if you remove 20-40% of the scareactor populated zones.

Also, on slow nights, A graded houses still have 90+ min lines while the less popular (cough, Blumbouse, cough) are often walk-ons. If you purposely have lacking zones, the same kind of bottlenecks will ensue.

Reactions: reeseyNG
With talk of scarezones, how exactly would you guys want them to change? A lot of people mentioned they don’t like the photo op style zones and they haven’t cared for them in recent years, but what are some things you would do or want to see different if you had a say?

If we are going Blue Sky I would love for the event to have more cohesive themes with the scarezones kind of leading you to the houses, or at least the queues for the houses. It is impossible now because multiple houses have the same beginning queue area for the most part. But woulda been cool for a mini ghost busters zone to be out there by the library.

Reactions: Grabnar
With talk of scarezones, how exactly would you guys want them to change? A lot of people mentioned they don’t like the photo op style zones and they haven’t cared for them in recent years, but what are some things you would do or want to see different if you had a say?

As I said above, give us a zone in NY that isn’t just another variation of an apocalypse.

My ideal scarezones would be similar to the ones in the distant past.. I still dream of those flying monkeys.. It was obvious how much time and thought was put into those back in the day. I agree with OhHail.. if I see one more Purge-like ripoff in NY, I'm gonna lose it. 2015 was the last good scarezone in NY. I want to see variety that doesn't include blatant photo ops. I realize they need to cater to different tastes, but the scarezones have been crap for years. Part of the fun of our nights used to be to find a couple good scarezones and just sit and watch the actors scare the hell out of everyone. There hasn't been one worth watching like that in years. Also, when the scarezone is really good, the actors seem to play more. What was the zone over in San Francisco that year where they switched out classic mosnters in "color" and in "black and white"? I remember sitting on one of those benches watching, and one of the "black and white" actors decided to play that game where when you look at him, he stands perfectly still.. then you look away, and when you look back, he's closer. That actor was determined to go full on with the idea. He must have spent 15 minutes slowly stalking us until he was on top of us. It was one of the best HHN interactions of my life. I miss that!

Also, an announcement this week would be so welcomed. I can't believe we haven't gotten a single thing yet other than dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.