Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Chucky house coming, and a M3gan tease on Reddit. Could one of Don Mancini‘s crossover dreams become a reality? He even wants his character to meet Freddy and the Monsters.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
M3GAN scare zone maybe? Chucky gets a house, M3GAN gets a scare zone that's similar to Revenge of Chucky from 28?

Guys, the only thing M3gan and Chucky have in common is "killer doll." Environments, characters, tone, target audience etc are very different. Both can easily have their own house (or be part of a compilation in the case of M3gan).

Reactions: GA-MBIT
They can both co-exist in their own houses, I could not see her having a scarezone, if anything possibly another Horrors of Blumhouse at best with her featured in it.

I want a Dollhouse of the Damned scarezone with all the dolls.
It'd be nice to see them try to do something to Singapore's event and do a House of Dolls scarezone that would be a good scarezone to see, give it a Puppet Theatre type feel for a scarezone, place it in Hollywood, it should be good.

I will say that a lot of the guesses over the whole thread have been very out there, and honestly, I don't think it's very hard to speculate this year's lineup even this early.

After combing through all the random guesses this thread has thrown out and doing some research on this year's horror movie slate for that refresher post, I do think we can come up with a decent list of IPs that are reasonably likely to make it to the event.

1. Horrors of Blumhouse 4 (Exorcist, M3GAN, Insidious) (M3GAN would struggle to hold it's own as a full house, and both The Exorcist and Insidious have been done before. Giving each a smaller spot in the event would work in all three's favor. All three are incredibly marketable as well.)
2. Chucky
3. Saw (Easy IP to get rights for, very marketable, new film, has been done in previous years many times but has been a half-decade since the last house.)
4. Phantom of the Opera VS House
5. Wildcard (Non-music, non-White Whale)

And then most likely 5 originals. Based on previous years, it's honestly not out of the question that that 5th IP spot goes to a 6th original somehow anyways. Most of these are either in-house Universal or rather easy to get the rights to like Saw. It seems that Universal is kind of set up with a lot of easy pickings this year, even if major avenues from previous years (Netflix, WB, HBO, Fox) have closed up on them.

If I had to guess on that wildcard IP, I'd say Creepshow has had a lot of smoke for a good deal of time, whether we see it as a zone or house I feel like it's gotta be on it's way eventually especially after appearing in Hollywood. (This is from someone who has zero attachment to that IP whatsoever, honestly barely even know what it is). I'd also say the HBO stuff is very dependent on good dealings between A&D and HBO. I think Joe is right that despite being really great house ideas that could and honestly should be fully viable this year, HBO's spotty track record could lead to Universal just wanting to wash their hands of the whole deal. If they hadn't dropped the ball so late in the game last year, I'd say EDR and maybe even Last of Us would have really high chances. As it stands, maybe they can fill that 5th spot, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dawn FM has always felt wishlisty to me. Dawn FM tracks being included a few weeks into last year's house felt like the death knell to that idea in my head. No other music artists are currently big enough or have the horror influence to hold it the way Billie or Abel could.

I also wouldn't sleep on Renfield? It being a Universal production specifically definitely has my eyes on it. Could definitely be passed up on and it wouldn't be the most likely property in any year, but I also wouldn't be shocked to get a random July announcement for a house yknow? Call it a feeling in my gut.

I will say that a lot of the guesses over the whole thread have been very out there, and honestly, I don't think it's very hard to speculate this year's lineup even this early.

After combing through all the random guesses this thread has thrown out and doing some research on this year's horror movie slate for that refresher post, I do think we can come up with a decent list of IPs that are reasonably likely to make it to the event.

1. Horrors of Blumhouse 4 (Exorcist, M3GAN, Insidious) (M3GAN would struggle to hold it's own as a full house, and both The Exorcist and Insidious have been done before. Giving each a smaller spot in the event would work in all three's favor. All three are incredibly marketable as well.)
2. Chucky
3. Saw (Easy IP to get rights for, very marketable, new film, has been done in previous years many times but has been a half-decade since the last house.)

And then most likely 5 originals. Based on previous years, it's honestly not out of the question that that 5th IP spot goes to a 6th original somehow anyways. Most of these are either in-house Universal or rather easy to get the rights to like Saw. It seems that Universal is kind of set up with a lot of easy pickings this year, even if major avenues from previous years (Netflix, WB, HBO, Fox) have closed up on them.

If I had to guess on that wildcard IP, I'd say Creepshow has had a lot of smoke for a good deal of time, whether we see it as a zone or house I feel like it's gotta be on it's way eventually especially after appearing in Hollywood. (This is from someone who has zero attachment to that IP whatsoever, honestly barely even know what it is). I'd also say the HBO stuff is very dependent on good dealings between A&D and HBO. I think Joe is right that despite being really great house ideas that could and honestly should be fully viable this year, HBO's spotty track record could lead to Universal just wanting to wash their hands of the whole deal. If they hadn't dropped the ball so late in the game last year, I'd say EDR and maybe even Last of Us would have really high chances. As it stands, maybe they can fill that 5th spot, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dawn FM has always felt wishlisty to me. Dawn FM tracks being included a few weeks into last year's house felt like the death knell to that idea in my head. No other music artists are currently big enough or have the horror influence to hold it the way Billie or Abel could.

I also wouldn't sleep on Renfield? It being a Universal production specifically definitely has my eyes on it. Could definitely be passed up on and it wouldn't be the most likely property in any year, but I also wouldn't be shocked to get a random July announcement for a house yknow? Call it a feeling in my gut.

I just saw the Renfield trailer for the first time yesterday and it looks very fun. It's also set in New Orleans, so there are some fun gags they could do with the French Quarter settings.

I'm a huge fan of Creepshow and loved Hollywood's take on it. I'd love to see it get the soundstage treatment in Orlando.

2. Chucky

Idk, I feel like the After Hours Nightmare queue having a couple of Dawn FM songs doesn't really mean a house isn't possible.

I know I'm not the only one, but my guess has been Phantom vs Hunchback. I could definitely see Renfield coming to HHN IF the Universal Monsters house is Phantom vs Hunchback. Or really, Phantom vs Any Other Monster That Isn't Dracula lol. Speaking of Dracula, The Last Voyage of the Demeter releases this year.

Please, no Megan Thee Stallion at HHN lol.
Megan Thee Stallion as a haunted house...? Seriously? We are just throwing any name at the wall at this point
Unfortunately it kinda feels like we are. This thread and most speculation just feels like anything that is even the slightest bit related to horror at this point. I love Megan Thee Stallion but we seriously need to reconsider a property's ties to horror before saying stuff like that. I don't think anyone wants a debate like The Weeknd again but an artist being a horror fan does not equal their actual art justifying a spot at HHN. I loved After Hours Nightmare SO MUCH but it's kinda ridiculous how it has made some think any artist is possible or worthy of speculation imo

And sadly there are not that any horror related NON metal artists out there. There just aren't.
The Weeknd might be lighting in a bottle.
People keep mentioning Gaga but who knows. I doubt it. Im not sure if she would want hhn

What other pop band that is big enough for the Superbowl ( and likes horror ) is there?
With Billie eilish and then the weekend, it's obvious that universal won't bring something like slipknot to the event. ( Both not famous enough and not popular with non metalheads)
The only band I wanna see in hhn is Ghost and slipknot. But those will never come. I accept that ghost and slipknot won't visit hhn. I don't even listen to Megan stallion,

I have checked on what other big time, Superbowl level pop bands out there that love horror and it's almost zero. I literally can't think of any. I've literally googled " musicians that love horror" and is mostly rock and metal answers.
Maybe hhn has a big surprise ( maybe rob zombie returns)
But there really aren't that many horror loving pop acts outside of Gaga, Weeknd, Demi Lovato. Muse, I think that's it.
The only real option could be Gaga. Realistically
She's really the only one, big enough. Horror friendly. Popular with teens

The Weeknd might be lighting in a bottle.
What other pop band that is big enough for the Superbowl ( and likes horror ) is there?
I have checked on what other big time, Superbowl level pop bands out there that love horror and it's almost zero. I literally can't think of any. I've literally googled " musicians that love horror" and is mostly rock and metal answers.
But there really aren't that many horror loving pop acts outside of Gaga, Weeknd, Demi Lovato. Muse, I think that's it.
And so maybe Weeknd was lightning in a bottle. It seems that speculation has become hyper-focused on the idea of more music representation at HHN but I don't really understand why, AHN was a great house and reportedly Abel worked closely with Universal to bring it to life, but nothing has indicated music will become a staple at the event or a guarantee for future years. Almost every artist mentioned by others (besides Gaga) has such minor connections to horror that they can't be considered anything but a stretch.

In a nutshell, I'm failing to understand why we're considering any possible artist when a music house isn't a guarantee just due to the success of one. Without any spec maps or much info currently, the only likely one is probably Dawn FM.

Let's start the Slaughter Sinema 2 petition now.
Consider me to be your 2nd signature.

I know this was asked previously but I don't think it was touched upon - if Universal wants to do The Last of Us.. do they really need to go through HBO? Theoretically, they could reach a deal with Naughty Dog and bring it in that way.

Consider me to be your 2nd signature.

I know this was asked previously but I don't think it was touched upon - if Universal wants to do The Last of Us.. do they really need to go through HBO? Theoretically, they could reach a deal with Naughty Dog and bring it in that way.

No they would need to get the rights from Sony, hoping it comes this year.

That long refresher post was magnificent.

I'm very interested to see how they handle the Tribute Store being smack dab in the middle of a zone. Part of me wonders if this will would lead them to either shorten the Hollywood zone, get rid of it or move it elsewhere.
Well, it was in the middle of a zone before. But you are right it will be interesting because if they don't place the entrance and exits in a good spot it could hinder the Hollywood zone more so than it did the New York zone. The difference is you wouldn't have two house entrances near the entrance/exit of the store. That might make up for the fact the Hollywood BLVD is a bit tighter than Delancey St in New York.

I don't see them having any real problems with bringing the game to life as a house, seeing what they could do with Seeds/Descendants, the house would look pretty unique and the character choices are definitely there, I'm very intrigued though how the costumes will look like for the Clickers, seeing how they did the Blooming Deaths in Seeds and the Mushroom like creatures in Descendants should be pretty cool.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I don't see them having any real problems with bringing the game to life as a house, seeing what they could do with Seeds/Descendants, the house would look pretty unique and the character choices are definitely there, I'm very intrigued though how the costumes will look like for the Clickers, seeing how they did the Blooming Deaths in Seeds and the Mushroom like creatures in Descendants should be pretty cool.
Oh, the house would be absolutely gorgeous no question. Especially if they put it in a soundstage and were able to really flesh out the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.