Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

It's shades of the Looney Toons "Evil Scientist"--"BOO" neon:

hrh05.jpg

They really can't go too dark with this-- it needs to walk the line between spooky/scary/funny just right. Like the Haunted Mansion at Disney, if it's too dark/scary it's no longer appropriate for the general audience of a theme park.

If you want scary Universal Monsters you go to HHN. If you want fun Universal Monsters you go to EU.

Now that I think about it, The Stakehouse could be themed to an armory of some kind

Basically a place you would go to get weapons to fight the Monsters

Perhaps modified to a restaurant since the Monsters have been MIA for a bit or converted for us tourists

A double entendre still, but an intentional one

If find it so interesting how parts of this park already have complete theming while other parts have yet to be built. I half-expect to see lone bushes and trees popping up alongside the completed structures.

Interesting Details:
0:50 Rumored Olympus restaurant has more framing
2:05 Rumored restaurant next to hotel is built and enclosed
2:13 A bunch of lil guys walk into the rumored Werewolf coaster shack
2:25 The rumored windmill restaurant has quite a weird shape, are some of those walled in areas outdoor dining?
3:10 Some of the Potter shops extend quite far to the right of the land

Last edited:
Minor road updates -- Walk/Don't Walk signals have been installed at "Public Road" and Destination Parkway. Can only assume getting ready to activate that light (and maybe give the road a real name).

The expansion of Universal Blvd in front of the park seems to be complete, even tho all lanes not yet open. It's a big shock for what was still a fairly quiet road just a few years ago. Given that MegaCon managed to turn Universal into a parking lot Saturday night, as a resident I admit I'm worried about the effect of a brand new park.

Minor road updates -- Walk/Don't Walk signals have been installed at "Public Road" and Destination Parkway. Can only assume getting ready to activate that light (and maybe give the road a real name).

The expansion of Universal Blvd in front of the park seems to be complete, even tho all lanes not yet open. It's a big shock for what was still a fairly quiet road just a few years ago. Given that MegaCon managed to turn Universal into a parking lot Saturday night, as a resident I admit I'm worried about the effect of a brand new park.

Moved to Orlando last year down from Miami, which I thought had the worst traffic in Florida, and Orlando has shown me it is far worse and getting even worse by the day. Only in Orlando will there be traffic at midnight on a Sunday.

I am also very worried about traffic arriving into EU. While the Kirkman Road expansion is much needed, it does not solve the I4 problem. Anyone coming from the WDW area will have to take I4 and they will have to either exit at the 528 or Sand Lake exit (godspeed).

I always imagined that the proximity to the Convention Center would have UNI thinking about a nightlife area as well as easy transport to Epic. I would hope something like that would ease some traffic from the convention crowd. I'd truly hope that SunRail would have a way to make reasonable options available to allow for less cars heading in. (one can dream)
Moved to Orlando last year down from Miami, which I thought had the worst traffic in Florida, and Orlando has shown me it is far worse and getting even worse by the day. Only in Orlando will there be traffic at midnight on a Sunday.

I am also very worried about traffic arriving into EU. While the Kirkman Road expansion is much needed, it does not solve the I4 problem. Anyone coming from the WDW area will have to take I4 and they will have to either exit at the 528 or Sand Lake exit (godspeed).

Been here for three years (from s.FL). I would hope UNI/the State have an exit from a highway planned. I did hear the other day that a 'solution' being built is adding Express lanes (toll) down I-4 through the Disney area (as they did through downtown Orlando).

I never get out to UNI -- only some 17 I-4 miles -- on a rare quiet time, 27 minutes -- typically takes 47+ minutes -- can easily turn into 1.5 hours at anytime.