Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to point out that it’s rare for us to get an announcement without any sort of buildup or hint beforehand from insiders or HHN. You could view the tweet yesterday as one, but in reality that had to do with 100 days till HHN if anything. It’ll come, but not sure why everyone is expecting one on a daily basis. When there is one, we will likely have some idea beforehand.

I would like to point out that it’s rare for us to get an announcement without any sort of buildup or hint beforehand from insiders or HHN. You could view the tweet yesterday as one, but in reality that had to do with 100 days till HHN if anything. It’ll come, but not sure why everyone is expecting one on a daily basis. When there is one, we will likely have some idea beforehand.
OR
They have already been tipped off about announcements this year and since those dates haven’t come to fruition like expected they decided to just be quiet and let on for the ride.

Why hint at an announcement if past information on announcements this year have been wrong/inaccurate.

The bars at HoSO seem to work to a certain extent. Longshoreman Tavern because of the show, Poison Ivy Bar mostly because it's an air-conditioned place to sit. Problem with either is finding a large enough empty space at the event; the former adds in the cost of Equity-level actors and the fact that, given the HHN crowd, it would be jammed with the same regulars every night.

An outdoor event space might help somewhat, but without a/c and near constant entertainment, not sure how much of a draw it would be.

So yeah, back to 11th house. But if that also increases capacity, not sure it's ultimately effective. There's always one or two houses that never draw more than a 30 minute wait no matter how bad the crowds.

There are some challenges with a bar, but this is the same company that can pull off a very well-themed tribute store in a matter of weeks - they can do the same with a bar/festival area.

I don't think an 11th house is necessary yet - Hellblock/Spirits/Descendants were all :heart:0min waits even on busier nights the first/few hours last year, so an 11th house is still way out there from ever being realized

Let’s just go for it and have a big ol’ dance club in one of the soundstages, a sort of modern version of Disneyland’s Videopolis. Let’s give all those cops standing around the event looking bored something to do.

(Please note: This is an awful idea.)

There are some challenges with a bar, but this is the same company that can pull off a very well-themed tribute store in a matter of weeks - they can do the same with a bar/festival area.

I don't think an 11th house is necessary yet - Hellblock/Spirits/Descendants were all :heart:0min waits even on busier nights the first/few hours last year, so an 11th house is still way out there from ever being realized
Problem is location availability. Can’t just say “soundstage” because there’s a very probable chance any spare ones are being used for other things.

Problem is location availability. Can’t just say “soundstage” because there’s a very probable chance any spare ones are being used for other things.
I.E.: BMG being occupied by Grinchmas, the SS25 permit that @Legacy heard was for non-HHN related renovations, Soundstage 19 holding Ring of Honor (and previously AEW) filming, wherever DAVE School may be, etc.

Also just seems like a logistical nightmare for entry/exit of whatever soundstage. 22, 23, and 24 have most recently been used for houses while 21 was used for Hellblock's queue. Blue Man Group is out of the question. Moving a house to 25 to potentially shift over the houses to free up 21 really only worsens congestion in that corner. Plus I don't know how you'd route all of those queues. The bottleneck coming out of 22 + 23 into the Fallon bathrooms already felt like a safety hazard last year.

Doesn't have to be a soundstage - the tent/seating area in front of Animal Actors is underutilized during HHN, one or two rooms of the rooms no longer being utilized by the original tribute store location, and the Battery Park location could be utilized a lot better with proper theming/signage.

Doesn't have to be a soundstage - the tent/seating area in front of Animal Actors is underutilized during HHN, one or two rooms of the rooms no longer being utilized by the original tribute store location, and the Battery Park location could be utilized a lot better with proper theming/signage.
Unless I'm misunderstanding the spots you're referring to, two out of three of those are pretty essential for Stay & Scream.

Talk about not spreading things as it can lead to IP’s backing out. Then UA does this and even tags HHN in the post :eyes:
View attachment 18929

This makes me think that when Universal makes an announcement it will be TLOU, since its basically been spoiled.
It hasn’t really been spoiled. It’s more of an open secret at this point. Still they shouldn’t be advertising it as “confirmed” on their Facebook page as they would look stupid if anything happened to the IP.

I think the first announcement is going to be one of the headliners anyway but not because of a leak.

Last edited:
Better utilized? Sure but still doesn’t solve the capacity issues in any meaningful way.

Once EU is complete and a lot of the back-of-house stuff has moved to the new campus, I’d hope Uni would use some of the newly freed-up space to address HHN capacity in clever ways. Until then I don’t expect much to change.
That would be great, but once the back-of-house stuff is moved I imagine they'll probably use that space for expansion space for the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.