Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Concept and animatics. I'm not saying "Zero Screens" - but there's a lot of physical stuff. @Alicia mentioned it the other day, and the Creative video from today even mentions the "most technically advanced animated figures that have ever been built".
Got it. That Dracula animation in particular just looked very much like a rip straight from the ride like how they put scenes from FJ in commercials.

Reactions: belloq87
The whole thing from the video to the photos makes me think Dark Universe is the defacto answer to Galaxy's Edge.

How do you make the Universal Monsters work on a scale like this? you go all in; that's how. Be if it's the character interactions and M&G's, the seeming kinetic energy that will be registered from that of The Burning Blade, Curse of The Werewolf and the character opportunities (INVISIBLE MAN REPRESENTATON LFG!!!!); or the quality of the attractions--this feels like an absolute slam dunk in the best way possible.

Looks spectacular. I’m particularly excited for the restaurant.

The aesthetic for Victoria and the monsters strikes me as very Van Helsing 2004, which seems a slightly odd choice.

I do hope they’ve made some changes to the Kuka seating to make it a bit more accommodating.

The whole thing from the video to the photos makes me think Dark Universe is the defacto answer to Galaxy's Edge.
Thought this exact thing- particularly when they said it was set to take place AFTER the events of the monsters.

However, those monsters still exist- apparently ole Vicky Frankenstein has them locked up running experiments.

So they've developed a lore to allow the OG characters to still be alive and to roam. Well done, Universal Creative.