Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

I had read that Disney was in discussions with the BBC about acquiring Doctor Who for streaming it is worldwide exc UK and Ireland.

and new logo has been revealed as well

Last edited:
Interesting. I assume they'll be getting the catalog of prior seasons (or at least some of them) as well?

Seems for the time being, the HBOMax deal for previous episodes (including the Jodie episodes) is in place for the time being. Assuming this is popular enough; I have to think it'd make sense for past catelogue to eventually show up once D+ and Hulu merges into one.

I had read that Disney was in discussions with the BBC about acquiring Doctor Who for streaming it is worldwide exc UK and Ireland.

Looking to it, BBC streaming will be exclusive for the UK. Otherwise, Ireland and everywhere else will be D+.

A few other things coming to Disney Plus as well

Tomorrow is a new Andor but also Tales of the Jedi

Love of Fire (best movie of the year) is coming Nov 11th for Veterans Day weekend

Elton John Farewell concert on Nov 20

Also GOTG Christmas Special just got a trailer, it comes out Nov 25th

Last edited:
I wonder if Disney and BBC have come to some sort of content distribution agreement over a number of shows. Dancing With The Stars is also a BBC Production as well.

GOTG Holiday Special looks like it will be a fun Guardians entry before GOTG 3, Elton John Concert Special should be a must watch, and i've heard nothing but great things about Fire Of Love.

Dam

it’s kinda a stacked month for Disney
The theory is that they're doing it so that people feel like they are getting so much value out of Disney+ that they don't blink at the price increase on December 8th.

I'm looking forward to the NatGeo show with Chris Hemsworth and the docuseries with David Beckham as well for something sort of mindless binges to put on. Also, i'm not sure if anyone cares about it at all, but the Willow series is coming out at the end of the month as well. I feel like Willow is a show that much like Andor, no one asked for, but based on the trailer, it looks like it could surprise a lot of people.

The theory is that they're doing it so that people feel like they are getting so much value out of Disney+ that they don't blink at the price increase on December 8th.

Also, the D23 introductory three-year offer is up this month so that's a big price increase for those that had it, as well.

Also, the D23 introductory three-year offer is up this month so that's a big price increase for those that had it, as well.
I had one of those and won't be renewing, but will still have Disney+ since my mom gets Disney+ that doesn't get used with her Hulu with Live TV Subscription.

Disney Plus is for now my go to app and already locked in a year to have an even lower price then i was paying before

Netflix is what I'll be getting rid of once the password sharing is gone

Out of the blue, why does everyone hate Pocahontas the movie?
Probably because it weirdly romanticizes a part of history that involved an invasion on Native American occupied land.

There’s a reason you’ll never see Disney do a live action reboot of that movie. Although I guess they have Avatar for that.

Out of the blue, why does everyone hate Pocahontas the movie?
It has been controversial since it came out

Pocahontas was in real life 13 when she met John Smith, the story was fantasized but most people don't care for that excuse when the real story is much....much darker

Disney + costs, after the posting of their quarterly report, is sinking Disney's stock (CNBC) ............................. Down to $89 per share at this moment........Meanwhile theme parks are doing quite well. ESPN
dragging Disney down also.