Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol
I have a family.

That's a great ad, not sure people will listen but good ad. (PS yes I know its not an official Disney Ad)

oh lol i assumed everyone knows the original already:
'

As someone who does want to go back in the parks...I'm still not a fan of these Ad's. Also I'm glad I'm not a blogger I know I'd be the black sheep of the herd telling people after going, it's not for everyone and while it might be nice for some if you can stay home do it. So many bloggers act like the parks opening are the best things ever and feels almost cultist, kinda like the original ad....Welcome home feels like some propaganda video or something out of the video game "We Happy Few"

Reactions: Mad Dog
As someone who does want to go back in the parks...I'm still not a fan of these Ad's. Also I'm glad I'm not a blogger I know I'd be the black sheep of the herd telling people after going, it's not for everyone and while it might be nice for some if you can stay home do it. So many bloggers act like the parks opening are the best things ever and feels almost cultist, kinda like the original ad....Welcome home feels like some propaganda video or something out of the video game "We Happy Few"

yeah and im definitely not anti disney too, its just that the parody vid was so funny with the song.

Pittsburgh Post Gazette has an article today on the East coast beaches most frequented by Western Pa. residents. They have a breakdown of each location. Generally, accommodations and
dinner reservations are tight due to heavy demand. The only two areas that are down in attendance are Virginia Beach and Cape Cod.
PG: "Many beaches have reported more tourists than previous summers"
Who would have predicted this.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh Post Gazette has an article today on the East coast beaches most frequented by Western Pa. residents. They have a breakdown of each location. Generally, accommodations and
dinner reservations are tight due to heavy demand. The only two areas that are down in attendance are Virginia Beach and Cape Cod.
PG: "Many beaches have reported more tourists than previous summers"
Who would have predicted this.
My brother has a cabin in the Montana wilderness, it's looking pretty good about now.

My brother has a cabin in the Montana wilderness, it's looking pretty good about now.
I now feel doomed. :lol:
I was just reading a newspaper article, and I learned something new that I never knew before. I was always aware that some cities have 'sister' cities in different nations, that they have special relationships and arrangements with. An example is Sheffield (If I recall correctly) in the UK and Pittsburgh here, are 'sister cities'. The new one I read about just now is that Pittsburgh, Pa. and Wuhan, China are 'sister cities'. OMG , we're doomed. This might well be even worse than the 'Kidzone Kurse'.

Last edited:
how about all the house parties, and distancing guidelines etc., and a thing called 'personal responsibility'. You guys always say follow the scientific data. in the case of the surge the data points soundly at the under 30's. You can't just use your 'science' excuse when it fits your dialogue.
People being forced back to work is the biggest cause of infections. Not young people partying. You're in close quarters and breakrooms, inside for hours a day with the same people. You become comfortable around your co-workers and let your guard down. The more businesses that have opened the more cases there are. Period. And in Florida the average age of infection is 38 this week. Meaning older working adults are making up the largest percentage not young 20 somethings partying.

People being forced back to work is the biggest cause of infections. Not young people partying. You're in close quarters and breakrooms, inside for hours a day with the same people. You become comfortable around your co-workers and let your guard down. The more businesses that have opened the more cases there are. Period. And in Florida the average age of infection is 38 this week. Meaning older working adults are making up the largest percentage not young 20 somethings partying.
The 'median' age of infections in Florida was 72 about 5 weeks ago. The median falling that far says volumes. I didn't originate or make up these comments about the under 30's driving the numbers increase. That's coming from government, health officials & commentators across the USA. I've quoted many of them in previous posts onto the surge. They specifically mention bars/restaurants as the main areas facilitating the increase, thus that's the first areas they are shutting down temporarily or limiting indoor access...... Don't shoot the messenger :lol: ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
The 'median' age of infections in Florida was 72 about 5 weeks ago. The median falling that far says volumes.
While none of this is what any of us want to see, if we are going to be having 15.3k cases in a single day, it would be much more scary if the average age was in the 70’s as mortality rate would be way higher.

Again though, the state reopened way too early, and I believe most of us said back then that it would backfire. DeSantis is to blame here.

a birdie told me (I assume 'bloggers' or is there a term for 'ebayer' or something?) I do nit care for the terminology nor the motives and this is a capitalist economy...back to my point, from what I heard, folks sure spent big at the splash MTN store.

While none of this is what any of us want to see, if we are going to be having 15.3k cases in a single day, it would be much more scary if the average age was in the 70’s as mortality rate would be way higher.

Again though, the state reopened way too early, and I believe most of us said back then that it would backfire. DeSantis is to blame here.
It's not just Florida though. Basically same scenario and similar data numbers wherever there's been surges. It's happening throughout the country. Florida is just a bit worse on the infection numbers, though not on the deaths (yet).....Heck, California had the longest lockdown, and a late reopening. They're pretty similar to Florida now. In western Pa. we had a long hard criteria lockdown and late reopening. Very few cases after the reopening. And then the beach resort vacations commenced. Now it's even surging here. ...It happens. Some people become irresponsible and think they're safe from the virus' effects, and don't care they'll infect people that are in the danger of death category. .

Last edited:
It's not just Florida though. Basically same scenario and similar data numbers wherever there's been surges. It's happening throughout the country. Florida is just a bit worse on the infection numbers, though not on the deaths (yet).....Heck, California had the longest lockdown, and a late reopening. They're pretty similar to Florida now. In western Pa. we had a long hard criteria lockdown and late reopening. Very few cases after the reopening. And then the beach resort vacations commenced. Now it's even surging here. ...It happens. Some people become irresponsible and think they're safe from the virus' effects, and don't care they'll infect people that are in the danger of death category. .
And in almost ever case it leads back to states reopening bars, which are a haven for the virus. Now yes, that is younger people, but especially in California which had been shut down for months, people are going to want to go out and grab a drink. Even if you are being responsible while at a bar, they just are not sanitary places during a pandemic and there is more situations where masks are down than up. I know this can lead to criticism for younger folks, but if you reopen a business, it signals to people that it's okay to go back there.

Congress should've supported these businesses more and I know some would inevitably have gone under anyway, but so many places have had to close again after opening that it's hard for me to sit here and justify their reopening even on the account of they may have gone under if they stayed closed.

And in almost ever case it leads back to states reopening bars, which are a haven for the virus. Now yes, that is younger people, but especially in California which had been shut down for months, people are going to want to go out and grab a drink. Even if you are being responsible while at a bar, they just are not sanitary places during a pandemic and there is more situations where masks are down than up. I know this can lead to criticism for younger folks, but if you reopen a business, it signals to people that it's okay to go back there.

Congress should've supported these businesses more and I know some would inevitably have gone under anyway, but so many places have had to close again after opening that it's hard for me to sit here and justify their reopening even on the account of they may have gone under if they stayed closed.
Yep, that's what I keep bringing up, bars/private parties are the major problem, especially at resorts.A few drinks and people let their guard down, and social distancing disappears in an environment where people dance, touch, kiss etc. in indoor air con. environments with a virus that is now many times more airborne contagious than it was in China originally.....Example data: ..Pa, Health Dept., and the Allegheny County Health Dept. does a better job than most states on breaking down exactly,on a very narrow age demographic, (Florida does so broad age classification that it's almost meaningless except for their 'median age' number, which says a lot) where cases are coming from. Allegheny County also has had, since day one a concise tracing/tracking system that tells them where the cases probably originated. And they report this data daily, by zip codes. Here's an example. Today, Sunday, The Pa. Health Department issued an advisory. Trib Live , "State officials said they issued the advisory because of 'significant increases' in the number of cases involving people from 19-24 . Specifically, these cases have been associated with travel to other affected parts of the country, and social gatherings or social settings, e.g. parties, restaurants, bars, the State Health Dept. said. Statistics provided by the department show cases among patients 19-24 have grown in the southwestern part of the state from 5% (during the lockdown) in April to just over 26% in July"............That's just the symptomatic ones. It's a very small age range and a very small proportion of the overall population, but a huge penetration. Since most of them probably live at home they probably then go and infect their family too. In this past few weeks a number of very young children and toddlers are showing up as infected for the first time since this started. Curiously, the drinking age in Pa. is 21, so that say's a lot too about private parties..Last week the Allegheny Health Dept. reported a slightly wider age group 19-30 was more than 50% of the total cases. .........On California....I remember reading an article that said LA officials estimated 500,00 people in the LA bars the day the lockdown ended. This is one of the main negative results of hardcore lockdowns. They almost always open themselves to complete unbridled craziness once a lockdown ends, just like happens with prisoners released from jail. Better to do limited, more surgical type business cutbacks, then to lock people up in their homes for months. It's kind of a pay me later scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
The 25-34 is the highest group in almost all counties. And that's the ones that are going up. Next highest is 15-24. But yes, there is a risk in reopening. Speaking of, one of my friends co-workers tested positive for Covid. HR told her unless she shows symptoms, she must report to work. Which, of course,, if she's not showing signs but infected (like 40% are) she could infect everyone else. And yes, it was Universal.

The 25-34 is the highest group in almost all counties. And that's the ones that are going up. Next highest is 15-24. But yes, there is a risk in reopening. Speaking of, one of my friends co-workers tested positive for Covid. HR told her unless she shows symptoms, she must report to work. Which, of course,, if she's not showing signs but infected (like 40% are) she could infect everyone else. And yes, it was Universal.
Why would she not say she had symptoms? Do they need to be confirmed by someone?

The 'median' age of infections in Florida was 72 about 5 weeks ago. The median falling that far says volumes. I didn't originate or make up these comments about the under 30's driving the numbers increase. That's coming from government, health officials & commentators across the USA. I've quoted many of them in previous posts onto the surge. They specifically mention bars/restaurants as the main areas facilitating the increase, thus that's the first areas they are shutting down temporarily or limiting indoor access...... Don't shoot the messenger :lol: ....
I actually don’t see your point here at all since the crowd sent back out into the workforce is Primarily the under 40 crowd and even heavier on Under 30.

Reactions: Legacy
Status
Not open for further replies.