Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don’t see your point here at all since the crowd sent back out into the workforce is Primarily the under 40 crowd and even heavier on Under 30.
The point is that people weren't necessarily picking it up at work, but at bars and parties..here's .another of many......NY Times today Scott Gottleib:...."Dr. Gottlieb said the states that were now hot spots had reopened too early and "people became complacent, especially younger people,-they were going out not taking precautions" . He said the surge in younger people had now spread to more vulnerable populations. "That's what we're seeing right now, you're seeing rising cases in nursing homes." ....Don't know why you guys are afraid to accept what's happened. You can't fix the problem if you don't know where it's coming from. Just stay away from bars and crazy parties, though it may be already too late. Data everywhere points to the same demographic....and it's not about work primarily. That's straw man excuses.. ....Pa. does good contact tracing. It hasn't traced many of the recent ones back to the workplaces (except the meatpacking plants a couple of months ago). it's traced back to resort bars when they were on vacation, local college bars and private parties primarily. Don't know why you guys are in denial. i know you wanted to blame a different group for the surge, but it didn't turn out to be them primarily. Heck, most of the youth here getting infected don't even work. i keep quoting all these official releases and evaluations from experts. Don't know why you can't accept them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
To give a bit of a contrast on re-opening in the US vs. elsewhere. Up here in Ontario Canada (population of ~14.5 million so it would be the 5th most populous state, and the Greater Toronto area which accounts for ~6 million people):

We have been at ~1% or below positivity rate for the last month. We have only today announced re-opening stage 3. But major population centers (like Toronto) are to still stay in stage 2. Stage 3 now allows some indoor restaurant dining at reduced capacity - no indoor place regardless of size can have more than 50 people. For the last month while in Stage 2 it was only outdoor dining at min 6 foot distance between groups. Gyms can now re-open at limited capacity with the noted indoor rules. Outdoor team sports are just now allowed to resume. All of the noted still require 6 foot social distancing and masks. Stage 3 also still does not include amusement parks or water parks.

It also wasn't until 4 weeks ago that the government raised the in-person get togethers from a max of 5 immediate family members only, to 10 people max (and if they're not in your immediate household, those visitors must remain 6 feet apart).

It's been a tough and slow slog but the vast majority of people have been patient and compliant in everything that has been asked or mandated (other than small pockets of covidiots that get publicly heavily shamed for their irresponsible activities). Only now are people feeling like we're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

The newest wave of CA shutdowns mostly make sense, but again, I'm waiting to see what recourse the government plans to offer to individuals/businesses who are now looking at several more months of being unable to work.

But why not say she did to avoid the whole unsafe workplace?

I think the whole point is that the response from HR is incredibly irresponsible. It's also an almost identical story to what a close friend of mine said they were told by HR which is why I've been so aggravated with how Universal is approaching things currently.

So with California’s new rules including Movie theaters, how long do we think it’ll take for all August releases to be pushed back or moved to VOD?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered effective immediately all indoor businesses close for the foreseeable future. The fact that people still think SoCal will host any Haunt events or open up parks anytime soon is beyond me.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Movie theaters are probably done until vaccine at this point.
Probably, although I think they could try an old school approach where they stagger the release of movies across the country and we look at extremely long theatrical runs.

States that are handling it well could have theaters open and show new movies... but the studios would have to be willing to do a staggered release which I don’t think they want to do.

Agree. With how successful Trolls and Hamilton seem to be doing for streaming, I'd expect some more releases this go around.
Hamilton made a big pop, but still ultimately lost Quite a bit of money. It mostly just served to bring in new Disney+ subs.

Hamilton made a big pop, but still ultimately lost Quite a bit of money. It mostly just served to bring in new Disney+ subs.

I wonder how streaming platforms have done during all this.

On one hand, people are looking for content but on the other, people are probably watching than ever. Disney+ could offer months of viewing under normal circumstances but you could get your fill quickly with nothing else to do.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered effective immediately all indoor businesses close for the foreseeable future. The fact that people still think SoCal will host any Haunt events or open up parks anytime soon is beyond me.
I'm an idiot still holding out hope

With schools closed we should see the number of people with the virus slowly decline...and I' hoping against hope they can make the event work but if not I get it...but I have more hope now because the schools were going to start another wave

Status
Not open for further replies.