Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s making fun of the governor of Florida by calling him a clown and describing horror to Orlando and Florida as opening up the beaches.

It’s only a one way street though. One party is acceptable to be made fun of and the other isn’t. Or maybe name calling (the very bottom of Graham’s hierarchy for disagreement) is allowed on both sides, but no one here stoops to that for the other party; so as long as you name-call the “president” or the clown, all is ok.

For the rest of us, we can look at the decisions and hopefully make a reasoned assessment.
For me, some might be ok (even the beaches- there are counties where the beaches are local only/not tourist and only have one death in the entire county) and others; like Clearwater, aren’t.

I think the counties should have control and make the best decisions after communicating with their local hospitals and reviewing their specific situations.

I'm sorry but DeSantis deserves a lot of flack over how he's handled Corona overall in Florida. He's going to get more attention on here compared to others because of theme parks.

I must have missed something
It was a tweet where DeSantis clearly did not know how to put a mask on.
Anyway, this has the potential to be a big issue for the parks. This study (still preliminary) seems to indicate that Air Conditioning is a huge spreader of the disease. Masks are going to HAVE to be mandatory to keep droplets out of the air.

I think masks being required is a foregone conclusion for most businesses for the foreseeable future, to be honest.
I just hope that companies *enforce* it. Technically masks are necessary for grocery shopping where I am but they were still letting people in today without them. There weren’t many of them, but there were 5-6 in the store.

If the parks say they’re required, I hope they make sure people follow the rules. I worry all it’ll take is a few complaints for the mask requirement to disappear

It was a tweet where DeSantis clearly did not know how to put a mask on.
Anyway, this has the potential to be a big issue for the parks. This study (still preliminary) seems to indicate that Air Conditioning is a huge spreader of the disease. Masks are going to HAVE to be mandatory to keep droplets out of the air.

Interesting. I think the parks might be able to get away with requiring masks in indoor situations only such as rides and shops. Dining will just have to stay closed or tables moved outside which wouldn’t be unfeasable.

Eating outside in Orlando is a miserable experience at the best of times, add in the middle of summer and it sounds awful.

The Coca-Cola freestyle machines are probably another issue.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Eating outside in Orlando is a miserable experience at the best of times, add in the middle of summer and it sounds awful.

Well, for you perhaps but when alone, I always ate outside at Universal Parks... mostly the balcony of burger diggs.

I can see the whole port of entry waterfront area becoming tables for Confisco. The one pisser would be the summer thunderstorms.

Animal Kingdom's Flame Tree Barbecue is a perfect set up for this situation with all of the covered open air dining.

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Disney's MyMagic+ is perfect for this scenario... with some adjustments. Attraction reservations with no Express Pass being used and lunch and dinner reservations along with selecting your meal via mobile order.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Andysol
Well, for you perhaps but when alone, I always ate outside at Universal Parks... mostly the balcony of burger diggs.

I can see the whole port of entry waterfront area becoming tables for Confisco. The one pisser would be the summer thunderstorms.

Animal Kingdom's Flame Tree Barbecue is a perfect set up for this situation with all of the covered open air dining.

I enjoy a half an hour break inside with some AC. I expect a ton of new picnic tables and umbrellas.

The parks in Asia aren’t even open yet. And when they tried relaxing restrictions, cases started popping up again. If Orlando parks do reopen in June, either people will be too timid to show up, making them operate at a loss, or people show up and another outbreak occurs, then we’re back to where we started. I don’t see a scenario where we go back to “normal” until 2021.

Reactions: youhow2
Status
Not open for further replies.