Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a nutshell, MK, DHS and DAK at limited capacity, no outdoor shows/parades, no indoor theaters. No meet & greets. Only MK resorts. No monorail. No EPCOT, no water parks. Health checks at Security, extra waivers (the most obvious thing to me but first source to mention it). This would all be "Phase 1." Prior to posting he suggested August for re-opening, but I don't know if that supersedes that.

Woof

Gotta make that money up somehow I guess

Surprised the "Secure Circuit" protocol announced last week on Magic hasn't gotten more play here or on Twitter. The original poster -- WDWPro -- is more recent than my days as a regular there, but Visionary Soul basically backed up what he said, and Marni said same skeleton as what he's heard. So I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In a nutshell, MK, DHS and DAK at limited capacity, no outdoor shows/parades, no indoor theaters. No meet & greets. Only MK resorts. No monorail. No EPCOT, no water parks. Health checks at Security, extra waivers (the most obvious thing to me but first source to mention it). This would all be "Phase 1." Prior to posting he suggested August for re-opening, but I don't know if that supersedes that.

Seems like potential real on-topic news rather than rehashing the same arguments in this tread.

giphy.gif

Surprised the "Secure Circuit" protocol announced last week on Magic hasn't gotten more play here or on Twitter. The original poster -- WDWPro -- is more recent than my days as a regular there, but Visionary Soul basically backed up what he said, and Marni said same skeleton as what he's heard. So I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Seems like potential real on-topic news rather than rehashing the same arguments in this tread.
Interesting. I've given up checking Magic for anything news relevant during all of this so i've been in the dark.

This seems like a logical way to slowly roll open the parks, especially knowing they'll be reliant on locals at first (hence only MK resorts). I'm expecting shortened hours too. Something like maybe 10am to 6 or 7 pm? As for the August reopen... apparently some CMs who've been furloughed have been told August is a target.

Interesting. I've given up checking Magic for anything news relevant during all of this so i've been in the dark.

This seems like a logical way to slowly roll open the parks, especially knowing they'll be reliant on locals at first (hence only MK resorts). I'm expecting shortened hours too. Something like maybe 10am to 6 or 7 pm?
10 to 6 would mean they would only have to have one shift of CMs/TMs every day. Would mean they could slow roll hiring people back on as well. probably only the union folks

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
10 to 6 would mean they would only have to have one shift of CMs/TMs every day. Would mean they could slow roll hiring people back on as well. probably only the union folks
Technically no one needs to be "rehired" because no one was fired. It's just how quick they decide to bring people back from furlough. Their biggest obsticle will be waiting for the new CPs to come in, which should be around August or September.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Technically no one needs to be "rehired" because no one was fired. It's just how quick they decide to bring people back from furlough. Their biggest obsticle will be waiting for the new CPs to come in, which should be around August or September.
I have to assume CPs aren't coming. Some colleges are talking about not even bringing kids back in the fall.

I have to assume CPs aren't coming. Some colleges are talking about not even bringing kids back in the fall.
I was thinking that as I was typing, but you never know what Disney may try. They don't actually ask for proof that you're even enrolled and they let college kids do the program after graduation so....

Reactions: tankart150
This all sounds logical and like the most/best they can do right now. Id like to hear more on how they plan to clean rides and handle queues but those decisions are likely not made yet. I like what it sounds like their first phase is to re-open.

But, sounds like not a great park experience for any guest so id just not go and take the risk. August also sounds very reasonable, you have to remember they need to GET these tests first people, make sure they work, and make sure they're able to have an adequate supply. Considering doctors don't have that yet, opening any sooner than August sounds crazy to me, as that as that is.

Reactions: tankart150
I think since the shows are either not going to be operating, going to need to re-rehearse or even re-cast the shows, operating at very limited capacities, so I just see this is where they can start off. I don't disagree about dark rides being shows, but, what else can they do? Theme parks a germs best friend other than a water park. Its just a sad fact. I think what they're doing here is what needs to be done to start but honestly for a theme park to be actually "open" there is really only so much they can do.

Thats why, we're getting more waivers it sounds like. Its a health risk to go to one right now.

Sorry, but aren't dark rides essentially indoor shows? On POTC, if someone sneezes on the boat in front of you...

I say they are.
It sucks, but even if things open up I can't see myself getting on a plane and going to the parks for HHN season this year. Things would have to drastically change in the next three months to change my mind. I understand the draw for Florida locals and am not going to argue with you, but if getting on a plane is freaking me out as much as it is, I can't imagine sharing indoor ride systems or experiences with people. Not to mention the lines. Also, I fear a lot of the people flocking to the re-opened parks will be the ones who have been attending the anti-stay home rallies. I don't trust people enough to go back this year. It is my most selfish sadness/disappointment at this point, but the logistics look really bad. Maybe they'll enact some policies I'm not imagining and change my mind, but so far, nope.

Last edited:
It sucks, but even if things open up I can't see myself getting on a plane and going to the parks for HHN season this year. Things would have to drastically change in the next three months to change mt mind. I understand the draw for Florida locals and am not going to argue with you, but if getting on a plane is freaking me out as much as it is, I can't imagine sharing indoor ride systems or experiences with people. Not to mention the lines. Also, I fear a lot of the people flocking to the re-opened parks will be the ones who have been attending the anti-stay home rallies. I don't trust people enough to go back this year. It is my most selfish sadness/disappointment at this point, but the logistics look really bad. Maybe they'll enact some policies I'm not imagining and change my mind, but so far, nope.
I'm with you. No way in hell I'm getting on a plane any time soon.

I don't often post on these forums but I do read them regularly. We were meant to fly out to Orlando from London this past Saturday for a week at UOR so we're drowning our sorrows at the moment, and in the process I just came across this short video on Reddit:

It's strangely eerie seeing the parks empty like this. Sad that our trip was cancelled but looking forward to booking another once life is (somewhat) back to normal - likely pending a vaccine.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for giving me some interesting thoughts to read during lockdown.

I don't often post on these forums but I do read them regularly. We were meant to fly out to Orlando from London this past Saturday for a week at UOR so we're drowning our sorrows at the moment, and in the process I just came across this short video on Reddit:

It's strangely eerie seeing the parks empty like this. Sad that our trip was cancelled but looking forward to booking another once life is (somewhat) back to normal - likely pending a vaccine.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for giving me some interesting thoughts to read during lockdown.

Those may well be the most vivid/clear/sharp aerial shots of Hagrids/Hogsmeade/IOA that I've ever seen from anyone to date. THANKS for finding that video!!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.