Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This local grilled cheese cheese place in the Orlando area is getting absolutely CRUSHED. They are saying they want to open May 1. May 8th is when the stay at home executive orders end in the area, so they would be illegally operating.

The comments section is brutal with the restaurant owner being just as nasty in return.

Yikes....

Reactions: tankart150
Let's say Universal reopens but with limited capacity. How do they decide who enters the parks and who does not? Onsite guests get priority over outside visitors? Any idea how they would handle this?
They would probably set a maximum park capacity per day and work their way up from there. It's possible it could just be on-site guests for awhile.

Isn't it more likely that the first month or so back would be predominantly locals/AP holders? Would be weird to restrict to tourists in a time with little to no travel.
It depends how many people are booked at their hotels and how limited they keep park capacity. If they have park capacity as low as 5,000 as a cap (to start out), I could see there being enough people in the hotels to just say - hotel guests only and we're closing at 5pm every day.

It depends how many people are booked at their hotels and how limited they keep park capacity. If they have park capacity as low as 5,000 as a cap (to start out), I could see there being enough people in the hotels to just say - hotel guests only and we're closing at 5pm every day.
Fair enough. I think the optimist in me is hoping mass travel wouldn't pick back up quickly enough for that, but judging by the beaches, I may just be a bit overly hopeful lol.

A glimpse into our future

I'm glad parks are attempting to find solutions, even if they are imperfect...

Seems like some areas are spaced out further than others, but (and this may just be a photographic perspective issue) none of them seem like they're six feet apart. Maybe it doesn't matter if this spacing only applies to outdoor queues and all guests are wearing masks, but still.

Without it, would you want to stay at any of the top tier resorts?
If you're the type of person to visit as soon as they open, you likely don't care all that much. Also, with how few people are going to be in the parks anyway, you won't need it. Express is really only needed once capacity starts to get over 25-30K, which isn't nearly as often as you would think.

It's also possible that Universal only opens Hard Rock, Portofino and Royal Pacific (and maybe Sapphire since it uses the waterway, too), much like it's rumored Disney will only be opening the MK resorts at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.