Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
blr827721-613x408.jpg

If fantasyland would have opened all at once, I think it wouldn't have had such bad press.

Last edited:
I think if they just didn't have the billboards everywhere saying New Fantasyland Now Open!! it would have been a different story.

I agree but wheres all the bad press? I mean I see stuff on these message boards not nothing mainstream

Yeah, was there actually bad press? I feel like the disappointment didn't really spread further than theme park forums. I'm not even sure what the general consensus is amongst Disney fans. I knew it wasn't much from the beginning but that's because I followed the news since the announcement. At least the Mine Train replaced the original vision for more princess meet & greets.

I agree but wheres all the bad press? I mean I see stuff on these message boards not nothing mainstream

Disney essentially owns the press here so yeah their really isn't any "bad press" but I can assure you the customer relations department has gotten their fair share of crap from this. I mean when I was in the park I can't tell how many people were asking where is the "new part" or I thought this was supposed to be open?? I really felt bad for the cast members in the area who had to give the PR response every 5 mins.

In my opinion though I personally feel this entire project has been a cluster **** beyond measure from the get go. From corporate and WDI not being on the same page to non stop construction for 5 years it been a serious pain in the ass for the worlds flag ship and busiest park. The end result is great and fits well within what Disney is trying to accomplish but IMO opening it in like 5 phases was ridiculous. Your purposing dragging out the project over 5 fiscal years to spread costs and keep the bottom line tight and your taking advantage of tourists who lets face it are ignorant. This project should of been opened together and within 3 years of groundbreaking.

I will say though the land does look very well done, just pisses me off how long it took to get here.

Reactions: natespf
Once the entire land is finally open most of these criticisms will melt away. The final product will always be the true judge of worthiness. Let's hope this mine train pleases the ever fickle theme park fans.

Disney essentially owns the press here so yeah their really isn't any "bad press" but I can assure you the customer relations department has gotten their fair share of crap from this. I mean when I was in the park I can't tell how many people were asking where is the "new part" or I thought this was supposed to be open?? I really felt bad for the cast members in the area who had to give the PR response every 5 mins.

In my opinion though I personally feel this entire project has been a cluster **** beyond measure from the get go. From corporate and WDI not being on the same page to non stop construction for 5 years it been a serious pain in the ass for the worlds flag ship and busiest park. The end result is great and fits well within what Disney is trying to accomplish but IMO opening it in like 5 phases was ridiculous. Your purposing dragging out the project over 5 fiscal years to spread costs and keep the bottom line tight and your taking advantage of tourists who lets face it are ignorant. This project should of been opened together and within 3 years of groundbreaking.

I will say though the land does look very well done, just pisses me off how long it took to get here.

agree
almost 3 years for one ride is rediculous

Once the entire land is finally open most of these criticisms will melt away. The final product will always be the true judge of worthiness. Let's hope this mine train pleases the ever fickle theme park fans.

Hoping it is successful or we will never see anything new ever again haha..this is Disney's new idea of "risk taking"

According to inside the magic the mine train will have a "dedication" on May 2nd not a grand opening. The ride won't be open to the public May 2nd so don't go unless you are press. Public opening date unannounced

According to inside the magic the mine train will have a "dedication" on May 2nd not a grand opening. The ride won't be open to the public May 2nd so don't go unless you are press. Public opening date unannounced

The ride will only be closed during the short dedication. Read the tweet again.

A few tweets from the amazing @ThemePark

"For the record, I really want Seven Dwarfs to hit it out of the park. But MK CMs are freaking out like SWO employees did before Antarctica."

"@ProgressCityUSA Rumors that it's not working right. "Yeti all over again" someone said."

"WDW management doesn't seem to have been able to instill widespread confidence and enthusiasm on SDMT yet."

"At the same time, everything from Universal points toward Diagon Alley soft opening around May 14-21."

"I'm hearing a lot of stress from WDW CMs about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train."

Of course CM's are going to be stressed when you don't start training them until only a few weeks before the ride opens. The only thing that could be problematic really is the swinging of the cars. Although the trains are fairly small and I imagine good portion of WDW's visitors of a certain size not being able to ride. Sort of like FJ all over again. Other than that though, if the swinging is working the way it should, it's just a coaster. I see this as trying to make something out of nothing.

Ouch it was too good to be true, I give my prayers to the families of these cast members in this hard hard time. I'm kinda surprised Disney spent so long on this to only rush it in the last couple months, strange case :-X

Of course CM's are going to be stressed when you don't start training them until only a few weeks before the ride opens. The only thing that could be problematic really is the swinging of the cars. Although the trains are fairly small and I imagine good portion of WDW's visitors of a certain size not being able to ride. Sort of like FJ all over again. Other than that though, if the swinging is working the way it should, it's just a coaster. I see this as trying to make something out of nothing.

im a fan of both Disney and universal but man this makes wdi look really bad

im a fan of both Disney and universal but man this makes wdi look really bad
As am I. I don't think this is on WDI at all. This is on Disney pushing this back to spread money over quarters. This thing could've been built and open for the FLE opening if they really wanted it to, but no, they were too cheap. Oh and wait, they have nothing else lined up these next few years, so by dragging this out, it creates continued interest in a project that should've been done a year and a half ago.

CMs being thrown in at the last minute is not on WDI either. This thing has, for all intents and purposes, been completed for weeks. Sure there are minor tweaks still happening, but training could've started long before now.