Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was only able to get a rough look at the layout because I’m not creating an account just to look at that lol. It does look a liiiiittle but short though. Someone able to post it (But if it’s a legit leaked document then please don’t).

Also no spike element? Bummer. Guess it wasn’t feasible for capacity. But I still think this could easily be the best coaster in California.

I was only able to get a rough look at the layout because I’m not creating an account just to look at that lol. It does look a liiiiittle but short though. Someone able to post it (But if it’s a legit leaked document then please don’t).

Also no spike element? Bummer. Guess it wasn’t feasible for capacity. But I still think this could easily be the best coaster in California.
They also tweeted the pictures out, so thankfully no need to create an account on another forum.

Now that I had the chance to analyze the layout a little more, here are my thoughts until somebody uploads a No Limits virtual POV:

The layout looks really good! Apparently it’s just a little shorter in tracklength than VelociCoaster, but my critique still holds that I think it’s just a tad bit short. With the hill they have to work with, I don’t think it would’ve killed them to make just a couple hundred more feet of airtime hill or inversion. Also kinda disappointed they cut the C-spike, but I can understand why. At least we can enjoy that element on Full Throttle at SFMM, just without the spinning.

Other than that, layout looks great and I’m excited for this! I’m really happy they included that stall toward the end of the ride as that’s a really fun element! I hope we actually rotate on that inversion as that would be WILD. It would stand out from what SFMM has to offer. I’m also pleasantly surprised that there will be some top hat-ish element of some sort on the ride.

Looks like on a positive level, it will not be affecting Kirk Douglas RD all that much; with the exclusion of the area to the left of Timeline Drive. Also appears to be a mostly indoor queue, ala Velocicoaster.

It is a tiny bit shorter than I expected; but it appears to compensate to that with the four launches.
All good observations. Nice as it may be that access roads from the park to the studio are not affected, it's still kind of funny how many ways USH can finding to reconfigure the upper lot without making too many operational changes to the lower lot.

I don’t think it looks that short. A lot of Elements packed in to a tight space, should make for an epic ride. I really hope that the element farthest out is a top hat similar to Velocicoaster rather than a dive drop like hyperion.

Reactions: Jamesh22
The coaster looks amazing, like the kind of coaster that enthusiasts will book entire trips for. My only real question is the element on the far left corner, what looks like a really tight space to transition from straight downhill to straight back up

I could’ve sworn that originally there was a suggestion that the track was going to briefly go inside a show building at some point during the ride? Interesting that isn’t apparently panning out, but I’m still so excited to see this thing start coming together.

I could’ve sworn that originally there was a suggestion that the track was going to briefly go inside a show building at some point during the ride? Interesting that isn’t apparently panning out, but I’m still so excited to see this thing start coming together.
I don’t think it ever was? Pretty sure this was supposed to be a simple minimally-themed roller coaster from the get-go.

Yes. This was according to Screamscape, who was given the v.1.0. of the attraction though as far as I know.

Reactions: highdefrex
I don’t think it ever was? Pretty sure this was supposed to be a simple minimally-themed roller coaster from the get-go.
I think the assumption may have been that the shuttle launch with a spike would have gone through a show element.

Anyone still want the shows back? ;)

I don't think it looks short, 5 inversions, 4 launches and spinning in a very tightly packed layout., it's actually better than I expected... looks like we have our version of Velocicoaster!

Yes. This was according to Screamscape, who was given the v.1.0. of the attraction though as far as I know.

Perhaps it's just how I am seeing it, but it almost looks like as the vehicles bypass the main two track switches as the ride begins, the building juts out as the trains blast through the wall, almost as if it crumbles.

Perhaps I am overlooking at it, but I have to wonder if there is "something" to kick off the ride right as the trains are a go for dispatch.

He’s predicting the coaster to be 4-5000 feet which I just don’t see, but with the big elevation changes and the uncertainty of the height of each element just under 4000 is definitely feasible.

Here’s a video from a few months ago showing the entire prospective project site. It is going to be insane watching this thing take shape. A lot of trees have to go which sucks but it will be fun to watch this video after the ride is completed.

Reactions: saint.piss