General Reality TV Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The CT/Adam fight, for as bad as it was, isn’t even the worst of the “golden boy gets away for horrible crime” (look up the Tonya/Kenneth/Evan thing).

The show is in a better place now.
I assume this is about the alleged sexual assault that took place?

And I agree, the show seems like it was just filled with meathead guys that may or may not have been using some sort of substance. I feel like CT, Evan, Kenny, and maybe Mark were using something to hop them up the way they were. Idk if it was roid rage, idk if it was using cocaine or something like that, but there were definitely on something. Then aside from those that showed signs of using something, the general attitude from most of the prominent guys attitudes towards women was shameful (this is more the category that people like Wes, Bananas, Dunbar, etc. fall into).

Sure dust-ups happen on The Challenge still (normally with Josh involved), but they are extremely minor compared to what used to happened from what i've witnessed.

Last edited:
Well for people who like strategy and twists being thrown at players Survivor 41 I bet is your calling. It’s getting confusing for me, and I listen to podcasts about the show.

Im also ashamed to say I’ve been enjoying Dancing With The Stars...... they got a bunch of people who are all very good at dancing so it’s been unpredictable af.

Well for people who like strategy and twists being thrown at players Survivor 41 I bet is your calling. It’s getting confusing for me, and I listen to podcasts about the show.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Yup, article sums it up perfectly. The show is ruining itself. It’s Sufvivor, people come to watch Survivor, I genuinely don’t think they’d lose their audience if their casting keeps up, which it has for a long time now. They haven’t had a “bad” cast in a minute. They’re trying too much, I’m onto Survivor South Africa.

Survivor Australia is on CBS All Access (seasons 4-6). It’s quality and reminiscent of “classic” Survivor (relationship-focused editing a brutal challenges).

I will say, yes, highly recommend AU Survivor.

this last Wednesday tho on CBS was one of my favorite survivor episodes of all time, and truly classic Survivor.

It was quality, for sure. And no twists or advantages. Just relationships and strategies.
Idk why everyone episode can’t basically be that. It felt like it was 2010. Pure bliss. Beautifully done, Survivor.

Also while mainly on YouTube, although I hope with AU survivor on Paramount that that South African survivor gets added, THAT is where it’s at people.

Idk why everyone episode can’t basically be that. It felt like it was 2010. Pure bliss. Beautifully done, Survivor.

Also while mainly on YouTube, although I hope with AU survivor on Paramount that that South African survivor gets added, THAT is where it’s at people.
One season is coming in December (I saw that, which is why I was looking and found Australia).

Curious to anyone’s thoughts of S41 heading into the final 2 weeks!
After the hour glass and before last week's episode it was a fun watch. Do or die was a dumb game of luck twist. The 20mins of tribal about the black alliance was too much. If it happened at tribal cool but through the edit they had already told that story perfectly and didn't need to keep that in the episode. It really felt like they were beating a dead horse at that point.

This season has scared me for upcoming seasons possibly being ruined like Big Brother was this year by a group of people not playing to win, but playing for 1 of X number of peeps to win. I don't care why you form an alliance just have it be because everyone thinks it is in their best interest for them to survive or win. Just give me a season of peeps playing individually to win and a maximum of 1 bad twist and I am happy.

After the hour glass and before last week's episode it was a fun watch. Do or die was a dumb game of luck twist. The 20mins of tribal about the black alliance was too much. If it happened at tribal cool but through the edit they had already told that story perfectly and didn't need to keep that in the episode. It really felt like they were beating a dead horse at that point.

This season has scared me for upcoming seasons possibly being ruined like Big Brother was this year by a group of people not playing to win, but playing for 1 of X number of peeps to win. I don't care why you form an alliance just have it be because everyone thinks it is in their best interest for them to survive or win. Just give me a season of peeps playing individually to win and a maximum of 1 bad twist and I am happy.
I have no issues with the discussion or their alliances, tbh. It’s a natural profession of a social game.

This season has scared me for upcoming seasons possibly being ruined like Big Brother was this year by a group of people not playing to win, but playing for 1 of X number of peeps to win.
Survivor Tocantins literally had a player talking about how they would gladly be voted out so JT could win. The Black Widow Brigade was entirely focused on one of them winning.

The whole point of an alliance is be part of a group where “one of you” will win. That was the entire strategy of the original Tagi Alliance.

As much as I’ve been hating the twists, I’ve been absolutely riveted by all the human element on survivor this season. It’s always why I’ve watched this show ultimately along with strategy and I think they’re striking a good balance, I love this final 5!

Survivor Tocantins literally had a player talking about how they would gladly be voted out so JT could win. The Black Widow Brigade was entirely focused on one of them winning.

Well yeah, Tocantins was not a great gameplay season for anyone but JT and that can make it a hard watch. The Black Widow Brigade was from a difference point in the game where turning on you alliance meant you had no chance of winning the game which made flipping a tough sell as your best game move. There is a chance that I might be misremembering how the black widow brigade worked as it has been a long time since I have seen that season.

The whole point of an alliance is be part of a group where “one of you” will win. That was the entire strategy of the original Tagi Alliance.
That is not the point of an alliance. The point of one is to work with a group of people to better your position in the game. Think of all the seasons where people in an alliance have turned because they realize "oh I can't beat _____". They don't sit around and say "Well _____ is with me and has a better game so I will help them win". The original alliance was put together to get Hatch to the end and win. It was very successful. The plan was never "let me get this group of 4 to the end and then mission complete". My whole thing with this is make an alliance however you want just please don't do the big brother thing where you see better moves for you, acknowledge them, but don't act because one of my alliance has to win.

Well yeah, Tocantins was not a great gameplay season for anyone but JT and that can make it a hard watch. The Black Widow Brigade was from a difference point in the game where turning on you alliance meant you had no chance of winning the game which made flipping a tough sell as your best game move. There is a chance that I might be misremembering how the black widow brigade worked as it has been a long time since I have seen that season.

That is not the point of an alliance. The point of one is to work with a group of people to better your position in the game. Think of all the seasons where people in an alliance have turned because they realize "oh I can't beat _____". They don't sit around and say "Well _____ is with me and has a better game so I will help them win". The original alliance was put together to get Hatch to the end and win. It was very successful. The plan was never "let me get this group of 4 to the end and then mission complete". My whole thing with this is make an alliance however you want just please don't do the big brother thing where you see better moves for you, acknowledge them, but don't act because one of my alliance has to win.
I highly doubt after BB23, and Survivor 41, and we’ll see about Season 42, won’t repeat the same strategies exactly. Same for any season and any player or any alliance really. Also, there’s been so many alliances where people fail or like someone in their alliance and don’t do much to win, regardless of race. Look at Survivor Redemption Island for 1 example. I don’t see this as an issue whatsoever and find it beautiful tbh.

Finales of both Survivor and The Masked Singer are tonight, hope everyone enjoys!
I forget masked singer is still a thing. That show fell off fast.
Lucky me, have to wait for survivor finale to be put on paramount +. Not shown where I am we just get severe weather coverage.