General Reality TV Thread | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I actually think the diversity of different personalities there could lead to a very entertaining show and a season with a lot of great strategy/backstabbing, just like CBB 2.
I think the casting is good in that sense, yes. Usually a few more “names” but honestly normal big brother seasons I don’t know people so isn’t too different here!

Reactions: Nick
I think the casting is good in that sense, yes. Usually a few more “names” but honestly normal big brother seasons I don’t know people so isn’t too different here!
Exactly, Big Brother is gonna be Big Brother. I think we're either gonna hit hard or miss hard with this cast. on one hand, Lamar Odom, Chris Kattan, Meisha Tate, Todrick Hall, Chris Kirkpatrick, etc, could provide a lot of entertainment.

BUT... they could also just see this as a vacation and be boring. It's kinda the thing that makes or breaks BB everything, Celebrity or not.

Although I will say, If I was told D-list Celebrity cast for CBB, I wouldn't be surprised, but I think i'd also be expecting better than this. Both CBB 1 & 2 had much better overall casts imo. This is a very D- cast. Lamar Odom being not only the biggest name, but connected to the Kardashians, is gonna be like, how did I end up in a house with these people? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Exactly, Big Brother is gonna be Big Brother. I think we're either gonna hit hard or miss hard with this cast. on one hand, Lamar Odom, Chris Kattan, Meisha Tate, Todrick Hall, Chris Kirkpatrick, etc, could provide a lot of entertainment.

BUT... they could also just see this as a vacation and be boring. It's kinda the thing that makes or breaks BB everything, Celebrity or not.

Although I will say, If I was told D-list Celebrity cast for CBB, I wouldn't be surprised, but I think i'd also be expecting better than this. Both CBB 1 & 2 had much better overall casts imo. This is a very D- cast. Lamar Odom being not only the biggest name, but connected to the Kardashians, is gonna be like, how did I end up in a house with these people? :lol:
Yeah I never “expect” anything or anyone with these casts. However, I can’t ignore this is supperrrrr D list and lowest celeb caliber they’ve had, on paper. Doesn’t mean it’ll be the worst season though.

Yeah I never “expect” anything or anyone with these casts. However, I can’t ignore this is supperrrrr D list and lowest celeb caliber they’ve had, on paper. Doesn’t mean it’ll be the worst season though.
I've literally bumped into Chris Kirkpatrick while out around Orlando and he's the chillest guy (he lives here, along with Joey Fatone). He's just out like a normal dude most of the time because no one recognizes him :lol:

I've literally bumped into Chris Kirkpatrick while out around Orlando and he's the chillest guy (he lives here, along with Joey Fatone). He's just out like a normal dude most of the time because no one recognizes him :lol:
Honestly had no clue he existed until I found out he sings My Shiny Teeth and Me! Iconic.

I’ve learned that since! Hope he’s fun on the show.

I just hope people play, or try to, put in effort lol.
Go back and watch CBB 2 again if you have time. That was one of the most fun seasons of Big Brother in the history of the show imo. If you have the right mixture of personalities, it'll sort itself out.

Go back and watch CBB 2 again if you have time. That was one of the most fun seasons of Big Brother in the history of the show imo. If you have the right mixture of personalities, it'll sort itself out.
Ya I loved CBB 2! Very fun season. It proved to me that the shortened version of big brother can be just as, if not more entertaining than the summer one. I definitely have hope, I just genuinely don’t know most of this cast where I did for the other 2 seasons. Not a big deal for me, but it’s so noticeable.

I fell in love with Meisha during her season coaching TUF. She was amazing at getting under people’s skin with a smile and air of “lighten up” about her. She is also fiercely competitive. Big Brother is probably right in her wheelhouse.

Celebrity Big Brother is quite fun so far, the cast is great.

Same goes to Amazing Race, just had one of my favorite episodes ever honestly.

Celebrity Big Brother is quite fun so far, the cast is great.

Same goes to Amazing Race, just had one of my favorite episodes ever honestly.
Aside from Chris Kattan and Lamar Odom, everyone is playing, but even their lack of knowledge and or interest is leading to some comedic moments.

So i'm gonna say I like the CBB format way more than regular BB. I like fewer contestants as it chops about a month of boring game off the the show right off the bat and the condensed format forces them to play hard. BB Over The Top I felt similar since about since it was shorter. This is actually probably my favorite BB season in general since CBB 2.

So i'm gonna say I like the CBB format way more than regular BB. I like fewer contestants as it chops about a month of boring game off the the show right off the bat and the condensed format forces them to play hard. BB Over The Top I felt similar since about since it was shorter. This is actually probably my favorite BB season in general since CBB 2.
Ya the summer edition is far too long. They need to cut a month. I’m enjoying this season a bunch as well!

Ya the summer edition is far too long. They need to cut a month. I’m enjoying this season a bunch as well!
BB OTT in 2016 was the perfect run time at 65 days instead of the standard 85-99 ever since 2013. The standard for BB seasons until then was around 75-80 days. At 65 days, that's only slightly over 2 months and hopefully cut down to a cast size of around 12 or 13, which used to be the norm and would fit the needed cast size properly for a 65 day show.

BB OTT in 2016 was the perfect run time at 65 days instead of the standard 85-99 ever since 2013. The standard for BB seasons until then was around 75-80 days. At 65 days, that's only slightly over 2 months and hopefully cut down to a cast size of around 12 or 13, which used to be the norm and would fit the needed cast size properly for a 65 day show.
Agreed. The smaller cast size helps tremendously for this show, less filler to the cast. BBOTT was definitely a good format! So I agree there. 60-65 days may also attract “better” contestants to the show since it’s less of a time commitment.

I’ve never gotten into BB but your comment about a format change making competitors play harder remind me of my idea for Survivor “No Safe Harbor.” Basically, the entire game is a “post-merge,” individual game. That has always been the most interesting part of Survivor. Players all stay on one communal beach. At each challenge, they are split into two teams (some random, some school yard pick’em). For immunity, the losing team goes to a loser’s beach to strategize and vote someone out.

I’ve never gotten into BB but your comment about a format change making competitors play harder remind me of my idea for Survivor “No Safe Harbor.” Basically, the entire game is a “post-merge,” individual game. That has always been the most interesting part of Survivor. Players all stay on one communal beach. At each challenge, they are split into two teams (some random, some school yard pick’em). For immunity, the losing team goes to a loser’s beach to strategize and vote someone out.
They tried this with Survivor One World but didn’t execute it properly (plus that cast only had like 3 people who could play survivor) but I like this idea! Would put all the purpose on your social game, which is the core of Survivor.

I think they just don’t do this for narrative purposes as for casuals it’d become more difficult to track who is who, but the concept I think in general would work. I’d be down to see One World again.