General Reality TV Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This will get me to watch the challenge finally.

Also, Survivor 42 I thought was pretty solid season as well.

Also, the episodes of the Kardashians where Kim is prepping/hosting SNL is actually quite interesting from an SNL fans perspective.

Also, Nick, go Celtics!!!

This will get me to watch the challenge finally.

Also, Survivor 42 I thought was pretty solid season as well.

Also, the episodes of the Kardashians where Kim is prepping/hosting SNL is actually quite interesting from an SNL fans perspective.

Also, Nick, go Celtics!!!
I’d suggest to watch at least maybe one of the recent seasons beforehand, but you don’t need to I guess. I started with Double Agents and got sucked in and went back and am trying to finish watching the whole thing. It’s amazing how the show has changed from a spinoff version of Real World and Road Rules. It still has a bit of that Real World DNA baked in, but at it’s core it’s a game about alliances and strategy.

While you can certainly jump in, there’s storylines will sort of carry over from maybe 5-10 seasons gone by every once in awhile and there’s usually a cast of characters who stick around, fall in love, get married, etc. I believe this will be Challenge 38 and CT has been in and out of this show since around season 6 or so.

As a BB fan, you’ll probably see some recognizable faces in Kaycee, Josh and Fessy. I hope Johnny bananas comes back for one more season now that the show is on network TV.

And hell yeah! I’m just pumped finally being back to the finals! Was looking at going, but once you add up the cost of flight, hotel, transportation on top of tickets, it’s just not worth it. I’d go if the only cost was tickets.

I’d suggest to watch at least maybe one of the recent seasons beforehand, but you don’t need to I guess. I started with Double Agents and got sucked in and went back and am trying to finish watching the whole thing. It’s amazing how the show has changed from a spinoff version of Real World and Road Rules. It still has a bit of that Real World DNA baked in, but at it’s core it’s a game about alliances and strategy.

While you can certainly jump in, there’s storylines will sort of carry over from maybe 5-10 seasons gone by every once in awhile and there’s usually a cast of characters who stick around, fall in love, get married, etc. I believe this will be Challenge 38 and CT has been in and out of this show since around season 6 or so.

As a BB fan, you’ll probably see some recognizable faces in Kaycee, Josh and Fessy. I hope Johnny bananas comes back for one more season now that the show is on network TV.
The one airing on CBS is a spinoff. They will all be new contestants who have never been on challenge before. I think they will all be from Viacom shows (survivor, big brother, ect.). This will be a good introduction for new peeps, if you like the format then you have a bunch of seasons you can go watch.

Reactions: Nick

And hell yeah! I’m just pumped finally being back to the finals! Was looking at going, but once you add up the cost of flight, hotel, transportation on top of tickets, it’s just not worth it. I’d go if the only cost was tickets.
Ya so the CBS one is Survivors vs Big Brother vs Love Island vs Amazing Race. Hosted by same host of the challenge, seems to essentially be the challenge, but just with them. So might be a good first season of the show for me. Also since I may not bother with BB.

I was lucky in 2008 my grandpa had tickets so we went often during that run including the clinching game 6. I’ll never forget it!

Ya so the CBS one is Survivors vs Big Brother vs Love Island vs Amazing Race. Hosted by same host of the challenge, seems to essentially be the challenge, but just with them. So might be a good first season of the show for me. Also since I may not bother with BB.

I was lucky in 2008 my grandpa had tickets so we went often during that run including the clinching game 6. I’ll never forget it!
The one airing on CBS is a spinoff. They will all be new contestants who have never been on challenge before. I think they will all be from Viacom shows (survivor, big brother, ect.). This will be a good introduction for new peeps, if you like the format then you have a bunch of seasons you can go watch.
Interesting. Makes sense.

Challenge USA is part of a “Challenge: Global Championship” tournament on Paramount this summer/fall. There are four competitions in the US, UK, Australia, and Argentina. The winners of those shows will compete against each other.

Based on rumors, Challenge USA is likely to skew away from Challenge vets (though I expect some vets) simply because pure Challenge is a very different political game then something like this (which will probably play more like Cutthroat).

That said, each iteration of Challenge has its own vibe despite all very much being purely about relationships. This will likely feel more like entry-level Challenge. That’s not a bad thing. More Challenge is a plus. But the pure Challenge legends won’t show up unless they use Enforcers for something.

Challenge USA is part of a “Challenge: Global Championship” tournament on Paramount this summer/fall. There are four competitions in the US, UK, Australia, and Argentina. The winners of those shows will compete against each other.

Based on rumors, Challenge USA is likely to skew away from Challenge vets (though I expect some vets) simply because pure Challenge is a very different political game then something like this (which will probably play more like Cutthroat).

That said, each iteration of Challenge has its own vibe despite all very much being purely about relationships. This will likely feel more like entry-level Challenge. That’s not a bad thing. More Challenge is a plus. But the pure Challenge legends won’t show up unless they use Enforcers for something.
If it’s truly a global thing and the winners will face off, it’d really be too bad if at least CT wasn’t a part of it. That man has devoted his adult life to The Challenge. Really just give me CT and Bananas as vets and bring in whoever else you want.

If it’s truly a global thing and the winners will face off, it’d really be too bad if at least CT wasn’t a part of it. That man has devoted his adult life to The Challenge. Really just give me CT and Bananas as vets and bring in whoever else you want.
Bananas has said he’s done (for now). He’s proven himself multiple times over and is hosting some new shows. CT is in a similar boat, where he’s trying to move beyond the game (he’s actually getting into acting with “The Most Dangerous Game” coming out fairly soon). He also has CJ (his kid), who he hates spending so much time away from for the show.

For a while, the old guard has been on their way out and MTV has been struggling to fill the vacuum with new stars. It’s been pretty obvious they want it to be Josh, Fessy, and Kaycee , but they all keep getting into their own way and haven’t been as interesting in The Challenge as they are in Big Brother.

My gut says a big reason for Challenge USA NOT having a bunch of vets is an attempt to create new stars without the pressure of playing against old ones (which is a completely different monster). Rookies are always expected to run a gauntlet to prove themselves, and only rarely stick around long enough to establish themselves. Getting rid of that aspect, and essentially creating a Fresh Meat season, allows new blood to become known (then get annihilated when they play the real Challenge… like what happened to Lolo).

Bananas has said he’s done (for now). He’s proven himself multiple times over and is hosting some new shows. CT is in a similar boat, where he’s trying to move beyond the game (he’s actually getting into acting with “The Most Dangerous Game” coming out fairly soon). He also has CJ (his kid), who he hates spending so much time away from for the show.

For a while, the old guard has been on their way out and MTV has been struggling to fill the vacuum with new stars. It’s been pretty obvious they want it to be Josh, Fessy, and Kaycee , but they all keep getting into their own way and haven’t been as interesting in The Challenge as they are in Big Brother.

My gut says a big reason for Challenge USA NOT having a bunch of vets is an attempt to create new stars without the pressure of playing against old ones (which is a completely different monster). Rookies are always expected to run a gauntlet to prove themselves, and only rarely stick around long enough to establish themselves. Getting rid of that aspect, and essentially creating a Fresh Meat season, allows new blood to become known (then get annihilated when they play the real Challenge… like what happened to Lolo).
Yeah, that makes sense when you put it like that. CT is one of the few old guards left and he could still play 10 more seasons if he wanted and he’d probably win at least half of them with the competition he’s currently been facing. Maybe Bananas and CT come back one day if we see an influx of tough new challengers.

Since we were discussing it, here is the expected cast last for Challenge: USA.

It’s…. It’s a list. Most of the Survivors playing are late 30s to mid-40s.

This will not be a typical Challenge.

Male Contestants
  • Ben Driebergen (Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
  • Cashel Barnett (Love Island 1)
  • Danny McCray (Survivor 41)
  • David Alexander (Big Brother 21)
  • Derek Xiao (Big Brother 23)
  • Domenick Abbate (Survivor: Ghost Island)
  • Enzo Palumbo (Big Brother 12)
  • James Wallington (The Amazing Race 32)
  • Javonny Vega (Love Island 3)
  • Kyland Young (Big Brother 23)
  • Leo Temory (The Amazing Race 23)
  • Melvin “Cinco” Holland, Jr. (Love Island 3)
  • Tyson Apostol (Survivor: Tocantins)
  • Xavier Prather (Big Brother 23)
Female Contestants
  • Alyssa Lopez (Big Brother 23)
  • Angela Rummans (Big Brother 20)
  • Azäh Awasum (Big Brother 23)
  • Cashay Proudfoot (Love Island 3)
  • Cayla Platt (The Amazing Race 33)
  • Cely Vazquez (Love Island 2)
  • Desi Williams (Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
  • Justine Ndiba (Love Island 2)
  • Kyra Green (Love Island 1)
  • Sarah Lacina (Survivor: Cagayan)
  • Shannon St. Clair (Love Island 3)
  • Shantel “Shan” Smith (Survivor 41)
  • Tasha Fox (Survivor: Cagayan)
  • Tiffany Mitchell (Big Brother 23)
Alternates
  • Florita Diaz (Love Island 3)
  • Josh Goldstein (Love Island 3)
  • Mike Hollaway (Survivor: Worlds Apart)
  • Olivia Kaiser (Love Island 3)

Since we were discussing it, here is the expected cast last for Challenge: USA.

It’s…. It’s a list. Most of the Survivors playing are late 30s to mid-40s.

This will not be a typical Challenge.

Male Contestants
  • Ben Driebergen (Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
  • Cashel Barnett (Love Island 1)
  • Danny McCray (Survivor 41)
  • David Alexander (Big Brother 21)
  • Derek Xiao (Big Brother 23)
  • Domenick Abbate (Survivor: Ghost Island)
  • Enzo Palumbo (Big Brother 12)
  • James Wallington (The Amazing Race 32)
  • Javonny Vega (Love Island 3)
  • Kyland Young (Big Brother 23)
  • Leo Temory (The Amazing Race 23)
  • Melvin “Cinco” Holland, Jr. (Love Island 3)
  • Tyson Apostol (Survivor: Tocantins)
  • Xavier Prather (Big Brother 23)
Female Contestants
  • Alyssa Lopez (Big Brother 23)
  • Angela Rummans (Big Brother 20)
  • Azäh Awasum (Big Brother 23)
  • Cashay Proudfoot (Love Island 3)
  • Cayla Platt (The Amazing Race 33)
  • Cely Vazquez (Love Island 2)
  • Desi Williams (Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
  • Justine Ndiba (Love Island 2)
  • Kyra Green (Love Island 1)
  • Sarah Lacina (Survivor: Cagayan)
  • Shannon St. Clair (Love Island 3)
  • Shantel “Shan” Smith (Survivor 41)
  • Tasha Fox (Survivor: Cagayan)
  • Tiffany Mitchell (Big Brother 23)
Alternates
  • Florita Diaz (Love Island 3)
  • Josh Goldstein (Love Island 3)
  • Mike Hollaway (Survivor: Worlds Apart)
  • Olivia Kaiser (Love Island 3)
Lmao, this is cast is rigged for us to suffer through Xavier and Kyland dominating all summer AGAIN. I don’t recognize most females since I don’t watch Survivor.

But I mean Enzo??? REALLY? No way his old ass can make it on a show like this.

Wow what a cast! Some duds but they nailed the survivor group mostly. Wish we got more Racers.

Also, Derek X is going to be on CBS a lot potentially the next 6 months lol. This, wouldn’t be shocked if he hosts a BB comp this summer, and he and Claire and doing Amazing Race which will air this fall after Survivor. No complaints!

Okay…

BB24, no thank you. The behavior in the house on the feeds isn’t fun to watch, I’m out. Go Taylor!!!

The Challenge USA, as a non challenge watcher but watcher of all these shows minus Love Island, I am LOVING it. So much. Why’d they not do this before???

Also just started watching Claim To Fame… it’s honestly good lol.

Okay…

BB24, no thank you. The behavior in the house on the feeds isn’t fun to watch, I’m out. Go Taylor!!!

The Challenge USA, as a non challenge watcher but watcher of all these shows minus Love Island, I am LOVING it. So much. Why’d they not do this before???

Also just started watching Claim To Fame… it’s honestly good lol.
Yeah, this season has shades of BB15 and BB21 in it. It's sad to watch, honestly.

And i'm having fun with The Challenge USA so far. Liking a lot of the Survivor players and the few Amazing Racers given that it's been years since I watched that show. The Challenge has always been superior to Big Brother though imo. Every iteration, it doesn't matter if you know the players or not, you'll grow to love some of them and you may actually end up disliking people you thought you'd end up liking.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Yeah, this season has shades of BB15 and BB21 in it. It's sad to watch, honestly.

And i'm having fun with The Challenge USA so far. Liking a lot of the Survivor players and the few Amazing Racers given that it's been years since I watched that show. The Challenge has always been superior to Big Brother though imo. Every iteration, it doesn't matter if you know the players or not, you'll grow to love some of them and you may actually end up disliking people you thought you'd end up liking.
Yeah I’m on a BBCAN re watch also this summer now that I’m officially over BB24.

The Amazing Racers they cast were great choices, unsure why they didn’t pick more from thah show tbh. James is a threat to win I think, while being good at the race with his husband, they also basically gamed their way to a win on their season. Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s really good at this, as shown in first 2 episodes.

Yeah I’m on a BBCAN re watch also this summer now that I’m officially over BB24.

The Amazing Racers they cast were great choices, unsure why they didn’t pick more from thah show tbh. James is a threat to win I think, while being good at the race with his husband, they also basically gamed their way to a win on their season. Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s really good at this, as shown in first 2 episodes.
I think, if Tyson doesn't get taken out before the final, has to be considered the favorite at this point. However he'll be targeted, especially if his bank account continues to grow.