General Reality TV Thread | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick PSA that as of yesterday, Big Brother Canada and Australia are now available on Paramount+! I haven't bothered to watch BB Canada for years now since it's generally too much work, so i'm glad to have the seasons available with ease.

Quick PSA that as of yesterday, Big Brother Canada and Australia are now available on Paramount+! I haven't bothered to watch BB Canada for years now since it's generally too much work, so i'm glad to have the seasons available with ease.
That’s something, considering they randomly lost Survivor Australia and South Africa.

Reactions: Nick
That’s something, considering they randomly lost Survivor Australia and South Africa.
I think part of it is that they actually are a producer on the US version whereas they aren't on the international versions. Same goes for Big Brother. So they probably see value in having international versions of these shows on their service, but they are currently having to pay a licensing fee which they may not want to be doing long term? Or maybe it was just a test to see how much interest there was in those versions of the show?

Whatever it was, they’re botching it bad. Their Twitter is filled with people pleading for them to at least explain what happened.

We just went ahead and canceled. We’re VPNing straight to Australia since it’s free on 10play.

Recently got back into Top Chef, very fun cooking competition and the chefs they cast are all top tier. Highly recommend for anyone looking for low stakes tv.

So CBB3 was pretty bad this season and a comedy of errors, but it was worth it for the exposure of Todrick Hall as the trash person he is and these two moments from Todd Bridges:

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
So CBB3 was pretty bad this season and a comedy of errors, but it was worth it for the exposure of Todrick Hall as the trash person he is and these two moments from Todd Bridges:

When the jury didn’t even stand up to congratulate them after the winner was announced, plus the shade the jurors threw at Todrick, was worth it.

This was a bad career move for him, I think.

When the jury didn’t even stand up to congratulate them after the winner was announced, plus the shade the jurors threw at Todrick, was worth it.

This was a bad career move for him, I think.

Sadly I doubt it was a bad career move. It will just be a career shift. He is much more well known now and is branded as the ultimate villain. He is setup more a mainstream tv run. Will probably get a bunch of reality tv offers as he will bring in viewers to see what outrageous thing he does next. Once his being the bad guy thing runs its course then he is setup to try and do a public redemption arch. I am confident that this is not the last you see of him. I will be surprised if he doesn't land his own reality show or at least be cast on one with him being the selling point.

Sadly I doubt it was a bad career move. It will just be a career shift. He is much more well known now and is branded as the ultimate villain. He is setup more a mainstream tv run. Will probably get a bunch of reality tv offers as he will bring in viewers to see what outrageous thing he does next. Once his being the bad guy thing runs its course then he is setup to try and do a public redemption arch. I am confident that this is not the last you see of him. I will be surprised if he doesn't land his own reality show or at least be cast on one with him being the selling point.
Tbh I think he’s definitely gonna do Dancing With The Stars this fall for a image rehab if I had to venture a guess.

Tbh I think he’s definitely gonna do Dancing With The Stars this fall for a image rehab if I had to venture a guess.
He was just on The Masked Singer, so only makes sense he would continue to hit up the reality TV circuit.

Here's the thing though - the bad guy thing isn't just an image, it's who he is. There's story after story. Here's a slight summation of some of the stuff he's done in the link below. Also under the #TodrickExposedParty, there's quite a few receipts, including this woman's story:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
He was just on The Masked Singer, so only makes sense he would continue to hit up the reality TV circuit.

Here's the thing though - the bad guy thing isn't just an image, it's who he is. There's story after story. Here's a slight summation of some of the stuff he's done in the link below. Also under the #TodrickExposedParty, there's quite a few receipts, including this woman's story:

Ya he’s a massive scam artist.

I had assumed it was not an act and that he really is a bad person. I did not know about his past and depending how the sexual misconduct stuff goes it would make him untouchable for future shows. I just think that after Celebrity big brother he has become a more well known name that due to his actions, which will bring a lot of eyes to where he shows up next. I don't see all the networks and streaming services not looking at him and thinking there is an audience that want to see him and what he will do next. I have seen the over the top jerks on many of reality shows get plenty of opportunities to cash in after the show even if no one had nice stuff to say about them. On the reality market, when you are polarizing you make $$$$ and he certainly is polarizing.

In good news, Big Brother Canada starts next week, Survivor in 2 weeks, Top Chef in a few weeks, good time for reality tv.

I wish Dancing With The Stars still had a spring season.

Survivor is no longer about the game. It’s about being on Survivor.
I thought the episode was fine and the cast seems to have potential. I do not understand how Jackson made it on the show. He seems like a great dude but once he failed to disclose his medication he needed to be dropped there and a alternate should have gotten to play (I assume they had a few onsite just incase someone popped for COVID during quarantine) just to set a precedent. Also confused on why it took them a few days to figure out the side effects of going off the medication along side of malnourishment. He seems like a great guy and feel bad for him that he missed his opportunity (I feel like he will be given a second chance) but he should not have been allowed to start the game after failing to follow rules before the game.

So who has an advantage spreadsheet? I am lost on who has what, one episode in and 5 advantages in play.

Survivor is no longer about the game. It’s about being on Survivor.
Show has a large fan base and has been on for 22 years, it’s rewarding for a lot of people and fans who still watch and have watched. The casting is the best thing about the show right now. Would you rather have people not excited?

I’m okay about being excited to play. I get exhausted when every conversation aired is about how excited they are to play. Like, just let them play, and let us watch them play. We don’t need to constantly hear about how much they want to play. I want to see their passion “on the field,” as it were. Not in the press conference.

I’m watching old seasons and it’s striking how much the focus was on survival. Most of the interactions shown are centered around food, shelter, and sleep. We hardly get any of that stuff anymore.

I’m okay about being excited to play. I get exhausted when every conversation aired is about how excited they are to play. Like, just let them play, and let us watch them play. We don’t need to constantly hear about how much they want to play. I want to see their passion “on the field,” as it were. Not in the press conference.

I’m watching old seasons and it’s striking how much the focus was on survival. Most of the interactions shown are centered around food, shelter, and sleep. We hardly get any of that stuff anymore.
While I wish we had more stuff like that, we also have some plenty of seasons like that. Game is much more the focus.

I think see how it goes, gotta establish the players and why they’re there first.