Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well we did a thing, I just want to thank everyone here for being passionate about Horror nights, because bottom line is that Uni is doing this for the fans (and money.) They think that they will draw most of us in, and they are right. But I just wanted to thank everyone :)

Anyway, I hope people attending the event this weekend will give us constant updates how there experience is going. I hope everyone has a great time! A little bit worried about if the actors are prepared enough though... Did they really have that much time to rehearse?
All scareactors cast this year have done HHNs in the past. That gives them a leg up because they know what most positions call for. There's normally a lot of trigger pushing, scare, reset, repeat in most roles. As long as you can handle that and pass a hearing test, then there's noot much they teach you ahead of time that you won't figure out yourselves. Add on that one is an original and one is a Universal owned IP and it makes it easier as there's more freedom in terms of character.

I'm conflicted about this after the Labor Day madness. Reaching capacity should be avoided at all costs right now, yet based on initial interest, they're doubling down. *sigh*
And it should be noted that the day they hit capacity, there was still less than 20K in the park (which means capacity is now around 40%). A middling-to-slow day any other time. The distancing measures are where you feel every single person in the park though. The Governor approving going up to 50% capacity was a bad idea at the time and remains so.

Hearing from people that had rehearsal today saying the entrance to brides is a crumbled destroyed castle taking place right after the movie. Lots of female roles. Apparently the brides of Dracula fly at you a lot. And the end of the house she gets Frankenstein’s monster back to life, and there’s lots of him! Also house scares will be fully behind plexiglass, some being from the chest up only.

Sounds like a mix of Creation of the Damned and Legacy of Blood.

So both of these houses have flyers? That's interesting.

Hearing from people that had rehearsal today saying the entrance to brides is a crumbled destroyed castle taking place right after the movie. Lots of female roles. Apparently the brides of Dracula fly at you a lot. And the end of the house she gets Frankenstein’s monster back to life, and there’s lots of him! Also house scares will be fully behind plexiglass, some being from the chest up only.
I absolutely can not wait for this house!!!!

Y’all are getting kinda ahead of yourselves in terms of house number. We don’t even know if we’re gonna make it past this weekend, once that happens you cautiously set your expectations. Just keep them in check, but if you’re expecting any more than 4 (4 is still a stretch), you’re likely gonna be dissapointed

Have they ever closed just one of the two dry parks at capacity? I feel like USF is gonna be hit way harder than IOA. If that happens, how does it affect Hogwarts Express?

If this is successful, I expect them to announce a named event packaging pretty much everything they are already doing with a few additions. Weekends in Sept. with Wed. and Fri. added in Oct.

So far, this is what they are already doing (off the top of my head).

2 Houses
T-or-T@IOA
Tribute Store
Tribute Store Treats
Pizza Fries
Specialty Donuts@Voodoo

If anyone thinks of anything I haven't listed, let me know.

And just my opinion, if they pulse groups through I think it will be more like 20-30 secs between groups, not 90-120 secs.

Edit: Removed Dufftoberfest. Not happening this year.

Last edited:
If this is successful, I expect them to announce a named event packaging pretty much everything they are already doing with a few additions. Weekends in Sept. with Wed. and Fri. added in Oct.

2 Houses
T-or-T@IOA
Tribute Store
Tribute Store Treats
Pizza Fries
Specialty Donuts@Voodoo
Dufftoberfest

And just my opinion, if they pulse groups through I think it will be more like 20-30 secs between groups, not 90-120 secs.
I had it on good advice that there would be no dufftoberfest beer this year?

2 Houses
T-or-T@IOA
Tribute Store
Tribute Store Treats
Pizza Fries
Specialty Donuts@Voodoo
Dufftoberfest

No Dufftoberfest. Asked past few times and even spoke with a F&B manager.

Have they ever closed just one of the two dry parks at capacity? I feel like USF is gonna be hit way harder than IOA. If that happens, how does it affect Hogwarts Express?

The two dry parks hit capacity the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, but I don't know if just one has ever closed to capacity. In that case, they would not operate Hogwarts Express (like how when one park closes earlier than the other, they stop operating HE).

Continuing to be anxious about virtual queue and it being absolutely insane like Rise of the Resistance and also not being familiar with Universal virtual queue like Disney's app

Will it be crowded? Yes. But I’m not worried. We’re still looking at 22,000 VL passes for roughly the same amount of capacity in the park. Plus VL pulses releases throughout the morning and into the afternoon.

Will it be crowded? Yes. But I’m not worried. We’re still looking at 22,000 VL passes for roughly the same amount of capacity in the park. Plus VL pulses releases throughout the morning and into the afternoon.
Damn that’s a lot of passes. Is that 11,000 for each house or 22,000 for each house?